Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MC Operator - Q's

Feedback Score
    Most have been happy with their's, I am not. My operator is at the factory for the third time for the same extraction issues and I have read that it isn't rare for them to have bad extractors right out of the gate. As with any gun make sure you fully test it before trusting your life to it. Mine went around 400 rounds before it started to malfunction. The last spent casting would get caught in the feedlips of the mag and jam up the gun something fierce. Improper extractor tension I'm told. I sent it in, they adjusted the extractor and it came back and went another 400 or so and started malfunctioning again. This last time it went 100 before the problems started. Now their customer service is great, they are quick and cooperative and they pay shipping both ways. I believe that they are making an honest effort to make it right, but I made it clear to them that if I get back a broken gun again they can count on me never buying another product made by their company. Most guys would probably just throw in a new extractor and be done with it but this is their mistake and they should fix it. Plus I'm not confident in my abilities to do it myself and the only gunsmith in my area is a ****tard and I should have kicked his ass for how he butchered the frame of my ORM colt 1991a1.

Aside from that the gun has been accurate and has never had a feeding issue and I've never encountered anyone who was anywhere near as displeased with them as I am. You will probably have better luck than I did.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Buy a Wilson extractor and have them install it....it will maintain tension better as it's not MIM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Buy a Wilson extractor and have them install it....it will maintain tension better as it's not MIM.
    if it comes to that I'll twist their arm for a trigger job and a left-side only safety

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Agreed. A Wilson extractor and an EGW fps will set you straight. Worked wonders for mine. Same symptoms as yours: last round wedged into magazine feedlips by the slide. The issue: extractor clocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln7 View Post
    Agreed. A Wilson extractor and an EGW fps will set you straight. Worked wonders for mine. Same symptoms as yours: last round wedged into magazine feedlips by the slide. The issue: extractor clocking.
    Good to know. Looks like I inadvertently started some thread drift though.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Just as an FYI, MEU SOCs don't exist any more. They went away in 07 and a MEU only gets the SOC designation when it has an embarked Marine Special Operations Company.

Even with the return of a Maritime Special Purpose Force-light in 09, the MEUs are not SOCs any more.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0N View Post
    Just as an FYI, MEU SOCs don't exist any more. They went away in 07 and a MEU only gets the SOC designation when it has an embarked Marine Special Operations Company.

Even with the return of a Maritime Special Purpose Force-light in 09, the MEUs are not SOCs any more.
    I think everyone is just accustomed to referring to the USMC 1911s that remain in service as the MEU(SOC) pistols as that is the designation they carried for years. Here's an older Marine Corps manual for the design which refers to the pistol as "Pistol, Caliber .45, MEU(SOC)".

There is currently a M45 pistol competition (in which Springfield Armory has entered the MC Operator) that appears destined for the MARSOC community, and it clearly differs from the older MEU(SOC) models (which vary greatly themselves) in including a requirement for an integral accessory rail. However, it appears some older pistols already in service are now being referred to as the M45, which confuses the matter further (the solicitation itself states "The Marine Corps Systems Command (MCSC) is seeking sources to replenish stocks and meet increased demand for its M45 MEUSOC pistol.")

One of the more interesting things about 1911s in USMC service is the sheer variety - besides the various reworked USGI 1911s, there are some Springfield Armory Professionals (PC9111MC), as well as some newer USMC marked Springfield Armory variants - not to mention the small procurement of Kimber pistols as the Interim Close Quarters Battle Pistol (ICQB) for the short lived USMC SOCOM Detachment One.

Considering that these appear to be the last 1911s in military service after over a century of use, I find the USMC 1911s very interesting.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 01-21-12 at 11:30.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12