Quote Originally Posted by VALG17 View Post
I think it is pretty easy to understand why they are asking for proof of legal compliance...asking for a physical hard copy of the paperwork is going above and beyond...but again, in today's climate, I can imagine some range owners, etc. are going the extra mile to assure legality. It's just as simple as that. Again, ask them if they would be satisfied with proof of your legal identification, and then white out the private information on the forms. I think there are some options here which you are not pursuing because you are irked with the range owners. If/when you get over that, you may find solutions that are mutually agreeable. Or you just have to not shoot there.
Yes, I understand why they would ask. And I’m not irked to the point of not pursuing other routes. I mentioned before I’m fine with showing them my hard copies, even though I don’t want to. What I am NOT cool with, is the copying of the forms, and even if all the pertinent data is whited-out. One, I doubt that will fly, because what’s the point if you can’t see any of the information to verify it’s accurate? Two, all you have to do is hold the paper up to the light, and you can pretty much see exactly what’s been whited-out. I’m just venting and letting people know what it’s like down here. I was really hoping somebody here goes to said range and would be able to tell me it’s G2G, and not to worry about it. I am going to pursue as many avenues as I can. Since this is pretty much the only option I have.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Yeah I don't envy you. Looking at it is tolerable, keeping a copy is where I'd balk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, thank you. Like I said before, I would begrudgingly show them my hard copies, every single time I went, if that’s what it takes. I just don’t think copying private documents is appropriate, and I’m sure any lawyer/accountant would be in agreement with me.