Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
For $100 you could order a Sionics, Sons of Liberty Gun Works, or even Aero lower and be in it a $100 after transfer and no tax if out of state. They are all solid choices. I wouldn't risk it with a relative unknown. I have seen the Aero for as low as $50 at Schuler arms. I would say Aero is a step up from PSA, but would prefer one of the other 2 I listed over it
I haven't used a Sionics or SOLG, but I've heard good things. What I have used are Aero's. I've built 11 AR-15's and one LR-308, all with Aero lowers, save one (first build) In addition to that, one Noveske lower build and two KAC stripped lower builds. My observations over all of those builds was that I never experienced a single spec/fitting issue with the Aeros. I never had an Aero that had a visible flaw. Nor did I see discoloration on a lower or coloration inconsistencies across all lowers. At least nothing that jumped out at me. These were built over the past 3 years and I only bought two at the same time once. Here's another observation. I would say that only the Noveske had a better finish over the Aero's, but spec-wise there was no difference. I use the same LPK on alley builds. I don't assign value to appearance alone, but it has its place in the overall execution of quality tests. AP may get snobbed by some, but for me personally, I've never had a single issue. I can't say that about all my lowers though.
I may run down to SA and pick up an SOLG lower and upper, maybe for a RoT build.
Hmmm.... That's not a bad idea.

OP - I would agree with the rest of the guys. Unless there is some compelling reason to use this specific lower a go, for the price I'd go with lowers that have been proven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk