Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
Proper gassing should put ANY Carbine actioned AR at an H2 buffer if you subscribe to the idea that matching the rifle buffer system as closely as possible is best. (which I do)

I have (arguably) under-gassed guns that I had to step down to an H1 carbine buffer. (14.5 middies with .078 ports) I'm unaware of ANY gun that runs best on a carbine 2.9oz buffer. LMT does or did still ship guns with that buffer too.
I'm not sure that I consider properly gassed barrels to be H2, I tend to lean more to wanting to see them as H1s if all things are done correctly. That gives a standard buffer the ability to be used for lighter/ weaker loads or small ports. The H comes in where it should be, but allows H2 to be used for hotter ammo, and that would be putting the H3 in dedicated can guns.

I'm not sure that any of it matters when we are talking about the SR15. I've read KAC stating they designed their buffer for their uppers, which makes sense. Of course they don't design those buffers for full time can use, but I guess it would be nice if they had that as an option. The A5 offers up a lot of adaptability, but I do wonder if a H2 or H3 would tame that upper best for PB.

Please update us with whatever you guys figure out. If you need to borrow some various weighted A5 buffers to play around, just let me know. Its not that often that I need to play around with my set, and being without them for awhile wouldn't inconvenience me at all.