Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: AR10/.308 AR Build knowledge thread.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    The Criterion uses a BAT extension that fits either standard bolt. The original bolt headspaced long but passed Field with a Forster gage. I swapped a donor bolt from another Armalite and now have a tight fit.

The donor rifle got an LMT bolt and now it gages better as well.

I've shot 155 Scenars and 168 and 175 Match Kings (maybe 200 of each) and am very satisfied with the results.

You'll need a slightly shorter rail to use the shorter-than-Armalite gas tube.
    Great info. Thanks!
    Any info on where to find the BAT extension?
    So, just to confirm, the LMT bolt works fine with the Armalite AR-10A bolt carrier and Criterion DPMS-pattern barrel?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    All Armalite. This is one of my latest re-builds and probably handiest configurations:

Armalite with a rifle-length gas Criterion 16-inch tapered heavy (the barrel looks a lot like yours). SLR Rifleworks Solo Mid 12.0 rail (I think). It's got a Geissele SSA-E trigger in it now, but will probably switch to a Krieger-Milazzo KM-II.

With an M16A1 stock it was still too long for me, so I went to the Armalite tube (equivalent to the A5) and an XH buffer. I like the SLR rail for the AR-10 -- fairly thin but with a solid lock-up on the barrel nut.
    Sinister, What comp are you using? It reminds me of an AFAB, but I know it's not that.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    BAT Machine in Idaho (if I remember right).

The one in the photo is a Dyna Comp 308. It's got a Griffin 7.62 Flash Comp now.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    BAT Machine in Idaho (if I remember right).

The one in the photo is a Dyna Comp 308. It's got a Griffin 7.62 Flash Comp now.
    Thanks for the 411 on that. I went ahead and got a 51T Brake-out since my 308 will wear a can. Rather than buy a comp that I eventually remove and sell.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Sanity Check:
    My BCG gets here tomorrow. I still need to decide on what rail. All the other parts are on hand, lower and upper is built. I even have my buis, I have my glass.

So I've read post # 59 and #161 dealing with the buffer system on the LR-308. I decided to go with an A5 Hybrid (It's what I call it.) so I can run an adjustable stock, and also eliminate a little weight. As opposed to running another PRS.

For the RE Tube:
    - Magpul SR25/M110, 10 position A5

For carbine buffers, I have:
    - KAK Heavy Buffer, 5.5oz. (H3?) Maybe not my first choice, but it was about the same price as the T2 without the 4 week wait time and it did not cost $100+ bucks.
    - Mil spec H2 Carbine, standard buffer from before I converted all my rifles to A5 systems.

For springs, I have:
    - Sprinco Green
    - Tubbs Flat Wire
    - Tactical Springs Heavy Duty Carbine spring.
    I believe I have a Sprinco Red, but it's being used and would rather stick to new springs.

I have a Wilson Combat Adjustable gas block. I would have preferred an Sentry 9, but I had the Wilson in my spare parts inventory.

At this moment I have the Sprinco Green and the H2 buffer loaded. I thought I'd start with that. Or do I need the Orange spring?

Am I missing anything from the buffer/gas tuning perspective?

Thanks!
    RTT
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Sanity Check:
    At this moment I have the Sprinco Green and the H2 buffer loaded. I thought I'd start with that. Or do I need the Orange spring?

Am I missing anything from the buffer/gas tuning perspective?

Thanks!
    RTT
    I stuck a Springco Orange spring in my overgassed PSA 308AR with improved results (over whatever PSA put in there) but once I added an AGB everything worked much better. I'm thinking with your AGB you will be fine with Green spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score

AR10/.308 AR Build knowledge thread.

Last edited by mpsteve; 03-14-17 at 22:00.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpsteve View Post
    Luth-AR stock?
    When did you finish it?

I can back from Libtard land and all the final pieces are finally here. Just haven't had time to put it together. My son's birthday this weekend and all I'll have to postpone the build. But at least o have all my parts. Except my brake I want to use. I have a 7.62 birdcage but I tavvt I had ordered an AAC Brakeout only to realize I left it in my shopping cart. Lol

Have you got a range report on yours? How did it cycle?
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Well it's been a long time coming. A long time since I purchased an Aero Precision upper from the E&E to hitting the range yesterday. I think I'll do a more detailed post in the AR-10 thread. But here it is complete. But it works, and boy does it work well. Even though I doubt all the contributors to this thread will read my post, I still want to say "thank you". I spent many a night reading through these pages, reading what was working and what wasn't and appreciate everyone who contributed.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Very nice!

Is your Brakeout MD timed correctly? It looks off to me in that pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast