PDA

View Full Version : Trump is POTUS - His First 100 Days

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Sensei
11-09-16, 01:55
As I pluck the crow feathers from my teeth, my wife reminds me not to quit my day job. Having said that, now that he has won, it's time to plan the first 100 days. I hope that he starts bold given that he has both chambers of Congress. Ram through a legislative agenda. Don't give the Dems a chance to breath. Hit them with:
1) Tax reform
2) Repeal Obamacare
3) Pass a balanced budget
4) Welfare overhaul / repeal

Yes, the media will bitch and moan. But get it done quick and give himself a year for things to settle down before the midterms.

Iraqgunz
11-09-16, 01:56
Trump's not going to win guys. Hillary has it in the bag.......

RetroRevolver77
11-09-16, 01:58
As a dishonored sensei isn't it customary to perform ritualistic seppuku?

LOL

MAGA

BangBang77
11-09-16, 02:00
Say what man?

Kenneth
11-09-16, 02:01

Why you do that!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandsunsurf
11-09-16, 02:01

Hahahahahhahahaha

M4Fundi
11-09-16, 02:05
Truth is stranger than fiction... this has been strange. I think we should still be worried about this guy blindsiding us with anti-2A legislation...

nml
11-09-16, 02:07
"Noise Pollution Reduction and Energy Saving Act of 2016"

Reduces noise pollution by taking silencers off of NFA, and saves energy and material conservation since shorter barrels are easier to produce so SBRs off NFA also.

It's green.

SteyrAUG
11-09-16, 02:08
First thing would be to establish better diplomatic relations with Russia and get us OFF a Cold War posture and unite our efforts towards fighting radical Islam such as ISIS and Al Quida instead of destabilizing Arab states that are run by a mostly secular leader just because he happens to be an asshole.

We could put an end to the ISIS shit in a weekend.

Moose-Knuckle
11-09-16, 02:09
There is handful beside the OP that have a giant ****ing plate of crow to feast upon for the next FOUR YEARS!

Sensei
11-09-16, 02:10
Truth is stranger than fiction... this has been strange. I think we should still be worried about this guy blindsiding us with anti-2A legislation...

Congress won't stand for it. Don't get me wrong, I was not a fan. However, he won and his victory speech was actually very good. So, he starts in my mind with a clean slate. I'll let his actions in office dictate my opinion going forward.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-09-16, 02:10
Tax Reform
End Cold War
Repeal Obama Care

SteyrAUG
11-09-16, 02:14

Who is going to send him the bill, the Republican majority Senate or the Republican majority House? Even if he wanted to, he would discover you can't EO that crap, same as Obama learned when he thought he was going to EO something after Sandy Hook failed.

nml
11-09-16, 02:15
Congress won't stand for it. Don't get me wrong, I was not a fan. However, he won and his victory speech was actually very good. So, he starts in my mind with a clean slate. I'll let his actions in office dictate my opinion going forward.There's no way he can deliver all that. I don't care. Hillary meant reduced freedom and rights, reduced safety, and more potential for conflict with Russia. She was the candidate of WWIII.

Boba Fett v2
11-09-16, 02:23
I wasn't behind him at all from the start, but eventually came around the last few months. Although we're still blue here in CO, many of us did our part in ensuring she didn't take it.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-09-16, 02:31
I wasn't behind him at all from the start, but eventually came around the last few months. Although we're still blue here in CO, many of us did our part in ensuring she didn't take it.

We showed our ass as a state today. I am, as always, disappointed in my beautiful state.

Caeser25
11-09-16, 02:31
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/Caeser001/Mobile%20Uploads/hqdefault_zpscu3haugx.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/Caeser001/media/Mobile%20Uploads/hqdefault_zpscu3haugx.jpg.html)

Moose-Knuckle
11-09-16, 02:35
https://c3.staticflickr.com/6/5483/30758236762_d517cf7cf3.jpg

MistWolf
11-09-16, 02:51
I don't know if I should feel triumphant, or relieved

Iraqgunz
11-09-16, 03:18
Last thing we or he needs to worry about is gun related legislation.

1. We need serious RESET with Russia and stop any insanity. That means a cohesive strategy about Syria/ISIS.

2. We need to pull out of A'stan.

3. A Comprehensive approach to health care reform which means tort reform as well.

4. A jobs strategy which means bringing companies back to America. We need private sector jobs, not more gov't jobs.

Firefly
11-09-16, 03:19
Well Sensei, I just want to take a moment to extend a proverbial hand to you. Hope there never was or is any hard feelings. I've busted your balls here and there, and passions were elevated this election, but it was never to a total detriment.

You went on numbers, I went on faith.
I...we...got lucky. So bros4life?

bros4life.

Moose-Knuckle
11-09-16, 03:25

1. We need serious RESET with Russia and stop any insanity. That means a cohesive strategy about Syria/ISIS.

3. A Comprehensive approach to health care reform which means tort reform as well.

4. A jobs strategy which means bringing companies back to America. We need private sector jobs, not more gov't jobs.

5. Stop all refugees from coming here and defund the shill family charities that are doing it.

6. Wall off the border with Mexico and make it tighter than the 38th parallel.

7. ****ing gut the DoJ, the FBI, and disband the *****ing BATFE.

8. With new legit DoJ go after every single one of the Clinton's and their cronies until they are rotting in Leavenworth or swinging from a rope.

jpmuscle
11-09-16, 03:28
5. Stop all refugees from coming here and defund the shill family charities that are doing it.

6. Wall of the border with Mexico and make it tighter than the 38th parallel.

8. With new legit DoJ go after every single one of the Clinton's and their cronies until they are rotting in Leavenworth or swinging from a rope.
Be still my heart..

We need to light a massive fire under the NRA and every gun rights lobby. The potential for 2A advancement is astounding

Moose-Knuckle
11-09-16, 03:37
In the first 100 days . . .

The Federal Reserve (you know the central bank that owns America) has been holding off on raising the interest rate so as not to tarnish Obama's "legacy".

No doubt, once they do after Trump is in office we will suffer a "market correction". The DNC/left/NWO and their fourth estate will go into hyperdrive to lay the blame at President Trump's (GOD I like the sound of that and typing it) as well as all of us lowly deplorables feet.

We ain't out of the woods yet and have far . . . far to go.

_Stormin_
11-09-16, 03:42
Yeah, that Fed rate hike will be timed to put Trump in check on the economy...

Business_Casual
11-09-16, 04:45
First get the agencies back to enforcing law by appointing leaders that are pro-USA. Second, allow a tax holiday for cash repatriation from overseas. Start deportations and border closure.

The Fed rate hike won't be the weapon they think it is, mostly because they are bad economists and also because the market is already adjusting for it. Bring back trillions in cash and the rate hike won't even register.

yoni
11-09-16, 04:55
1. Void every Executive Order of Obama on Day 1
2. Repeal obamacare
3. Patch things up with Putin
4. Create Tax free industrial zones in low income inner cities
5. Get an AG that will go after the Clintons

Outlander Systems
11-09-16, 05:06
1) Nominate Ted Cruz for SCOTUS
2) Appoint Rand Paul Secretary of the Treasury
3) Olive branch to Russia.
4) Leave Assad the **** alone; tag team with Russia in wiping ISIS off the ****ing map
5) Strip Obamacare to the marrow
6) Fund the shit out of ICE and BP
7) Appoint Sheriff David A. Clarke as head of Homeland Security
8) Impose tariffs on Chinese goods
9) Give Space X NASA's funding
10) Sanction the **** outta the KSA

Firefly
11-09-16, 05:07
Put HRC in jail

Outlander Systems
11-09-16, 05:10
Put HRC in jail

This!!!!

Moose-Knuckle
11-09-16, 05:14
Put HRC in jail

Crimes against the state are punishable by death.

I'll go to Leavenworth to erect the gallows myself, I'm sure they got a spool or two of paracord laying around.

Firefly
11-09-16, 05:15
Let me clarify...
not just jail, but a Bangkok Jail

Moose-Knuckle
11-09-16, 05:15
4) Leave Assad the **** alone; tag team with Russia in wiping ISIS off the ****ing map

Who for AG?

I say Rudy Giuliani.

Firefly
11-09-16, 05:17
Who for AG?

I say Rudy Giuliani.

I say a 29 year old hardcore Constitutionalist in like the best shape ever with a genetic predisposition for longevity

Moose-Knuckle
11-09-16, 05:22
I say a 29 year old hardcore Constitutionalist in like the best shape ever with a genetic predisposition for longevity

meh you rotate them out anyway.

I think the first transgender AG, Reno was the last one to stay the duration.

Trey Gowdy, Rand Paul . . .their youngins

Eurodriver
11-09-16, 05:41
We showed our ass as a state today. I am, as always, disappointed in my beautiful state.

Florida is pretty inviting this time of year.

And while we elected Zero twice FL now got the Hero in office. ;)

Trump needs to focus on nominating a guy for SCOTUS in his 20s.

I'll do it.

MAUSER202
11-09-16, 06:20

6. Wall off the border with Mexico and make it tighter than the 38th parallel.

I G &Moose Knuckle for cabinet members!

Jewell
11-09-16, 06:52
I'm not a fan of Trump, but holy shit is it satisfying seeing all the Hillary supporters withering in pain this morning!

Watrdawg
11-09-16, 06:57
Who for AG?

I say Rudy Giuliani.

Trey Gowdy would be my choice for AG.

Sensei
11-09-16, 07:04
Who for AG?

I say Rudy Giuliani.

There were rumors that he promised it to Christy. That would not by my first choice. I'd rather have Gowdey.

ABNAK
11-09-16, 07:07
There were rumors that he promised it to Christy. That would not by my first choice I'd rather have Gowdey.

Absolutely.

Cruz for SCOTUS?

Sensei
11-09-16, 07:13
Well Sensei, I just want to take a moment to extend a proverbial hand to you. Hope there never was or is any hard feelings. I've busted your balls here and there, and passions were elevated this election, but it was never to a total detriment.

You went on numbers, I went on faith.
I...we...got lucky. So bros4life?

bros4life.

Yeah, I was very, very wrong on this election. Thus, I need to be open to the possibility that I am equally wrong on the man. Therefore, I'm going to quietly (mostly) watch his first 100 days and hope that he steers more toward conservatism than populism. I'll say what I'd like to see, but hold my criticisms. He has a clean slate with me. Let's see his agenda.

BuzzinSATX
11-09-16, 07:14

Nope. This ain't a linear process, and there is no reason to treat it as such. Sure, some major issues need to be tackled as you suggest, but there is zero reason not to pursue some pro-gun legislation while he has both houses of Congress. He owes this community for their support, as well as many other communities like evangelicals, blue collar, etc. I am not saying this as a "what's in it for me" stance, I honestly believe the things that benefit these groups benefit our Nation as a whole.

I think several of these would be extremely doable, and not really much effort with the future House and Senate. Personally, I want to see the following happen:

1. Eliminate registration/tax for suppressors

2. Eliminate registration/tax for SBR's

3. Concealed carry reciprocity for all 50 states plus US territories

4. Eliminate firearms restrictions for authorized personnel on federal instillations. This can be done with an executive order first and placed into law quickly

5. Establish "Shall issue" as the default CHL position for all states with maximum timelines of issuance of 60 days. I can see some folks saying this is a 'states rights" issue, like gay marriage, but I would disagree. Gay marriage (which I'm fine with) is not a constitutionally protected right...bearing arms is, per the founders.

And as an extra, I want to see pro-gun judges appointed from now on to every federal court in the land!

Hey, BHO said it best..."Elections have consequences!!!" Time to get busy!!!

Outlander Systems
11-09-16, 07:15
Appoint Hillary to Ambassador of Libya.

Sensei
11-09-16, 07:21
Absolutely.

Cruz for SCOTUS?

Yes. Cruz does not have the charisma to be POTUS and he has burned too many bridges to be Senate Majority Leader. SCOTUS would be the best place for him.

Jsp10477
11-09-16, 07:24
The first thing he should do is do what he said he'd do first. Let's see if on that first day he undoes all of Obama's exec orders. That would be a good start. If he doesn't keep his word on that, can we trust him on anything else? While he ran as an outsider, he's now in the political system. We all know what that does to honest men and I don't think he is an honest man. Time will tell I guess.

Big A
11-09-16, 07:27

I'm glad to see you're posting. Do we need to send Firefly over to unstick you from your easy chair and bring you some Brondo to replenish your electrolytes?

Firefly
11-09-16, 07:43
Appoint Hillary to Ambassador of Libya.

That would be.......DELISH

WillBrink
11-09-16, 07:49
I just hope he can start to reverse the racist, misogynist, baby killer, etc, etc labels the media/DNC heaped on him and get most of the nation passed that BS. As with every POTUS, there will be a group who spend all there time undermining his attempts do that or get stuff done. I'm happier to see she didn't win more than I am to see he did win, but will be very interested to see what the next 100 days brings.

RazorBurn
11-09-16, 08:00
Congress won't stand for it. Don't get me wrong, I was not a fan. However, he won and his victory speech was actually very good. So, he starts in my mind with a clean slate. I'll let his actions in office dictate my opinion going forward.

I thought his victory speech was very good too. If he can carry himself like that I think/hope/pray he'll do fine.

The only thing I would do is move jobs and industry/private sector jobs to the number one position. The only way to get ourselves out of this economic mess it to work our way out of it. To do that we need industry and private sector jobs like you posted.

I'm surprised he won myself, and I'm so relieved that Hitlery did not win.

Outlander Systems
11-09-16, 08:03
My balls went from blue to red.

I'm glad to see you're posting. Do we need to send Firefly over to unstick you from your easy chair and bring you some Brondo to replenish your electrolytes?

Outlander Systems
11-09-16, 08:05
And don't you fellas worry about Cruz for SCOTUS.

Meme magic is shortly going to commence on that. I'm fixin' to start a Petition for that to get that idea swirling. I'll post up a thread when I do, so you fellas can get on the Cruz train.

Big A
11-09-16, 08:23

Big A
11-09-16, 08:25
My balls went from blue to red.

Let freedom skeet!

Meme magic is shortly going to commence on that. I'm fixin' to start a Petition for that to get that idea swirling. I'll post up a thread when I do, so you fellas can get on the Cruz train.

All Aboard!

Outlander Systems
11-09-16, 08:25
LOL!

Red White and Blue, baby!

Bigly!

Let freedom skeet!

Vandal
11-09-16, 08:48
First thing would be to establish better diplomatic relations with Russia and get us OFF a Cold War posture and unite our efforts towards fighting radical Islam such as ISIS and Al Quida instead of destabilizing Arab states that are run by a mostly secular leader just because he happens to be an asshole.

We could put an end to the ISIS shit in a weekend.

I know this thread is already several pages deep and I'm still reading through page 1 but, Putin has already come out and said he is interested in working with Trump on US/Russian relations. I hope it works out, Putin had threatened war if Clinton got elected.

yoni
11-09-16, 08:49
Trump needs to call obama and cut a deal. You don't pardon the Clinton gang and I will pardon you for any emails you sent.

Then we can put them where they belong and where Nixon should have ended up in a Federal Pen.

WillBrink
11-09-16, 09:07
Interesting to note that those claiming a vote for GJ was a vote for HC (when polls suggested a third party candidate helped Trump) has turned into accusations third party voters cost HC the POTUS, which is probably true:

Analysis: Third-Party Protest Vote May Have Cost Clinton the Election

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-international/Third-Party-Protest-Vote-Could-Cost-Clinton-the-Election-400498531.html

Typical left media, they had to make sure to frame it as a "protest" vote. Obviously it was for some, but millions voted for Trump as a "protest" vote against HC vs voting for Trump and vise versa. The "anyone but" vote was the major decider in this election.

I still feel Trump will be the better choice to HC, and hope the extreme level of friction he'll get from both parties does not turn into total gridlock 2.0.

ChrisCross
11-09-16, 09:12

11) Cut all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities.
12) Burn the TPP and dance on its ashes.
13) Tell the UN to clean their house or we'll cut funding.
14) Stressing again - Meet with Putin & normalize relations. ASAP
15) Leave Assad alone & wipe Isis off the face of the earth.
16) Tear up Iran deal & slap sanctions on them that make their children's, children's, children howl unless they play ball.

Jwknutson17
11-09-16, 09:23

I'm disappointed in CO. We could do much better here. All this pot smokers coming from CA doesn't help. I don't see CO going red again. Well I didn't see hilldabeast losing, so anything is possible.

CPM
11-09-16, 09:24

This might be my new signature.

CPM
11-09-16, 09:27

I've never thought about Cruz for SCOTUS until the past 24 hours. It's brilliant, and exactly what we need.

ramairthree
11-09-16, 09:39
Interesting to note that those claiming a vote for GJ was a vote for HC (when polls suggested a third party candidate helped Trump) has turned into accusations third party voters cost HC the POTUS, which is probably true:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-international/Third-Party-Protest-Vote-Could-Cost-Clinton-the-Election-400498531.html

Typical left media, they had to make sure to frame it as a "protest" vote. Obviously it was for some, but millions voted for Trump as a "protest" vote against HC vs voting for Trump and vise versa. The "anyone but" vote was the major decider in this election.

I still feel Trump will be the better choice to HC, and hope the extreme level of friction he'll get from both parties does not turn into total gridlock 2.0.

Last night,
When I was looking at some results,
I noticed some states going to HRC were going to her within the percentages of the GJ vote.
I was wondering if she would win due to a 3rd party vote.
Everyone I know voting GJ were doing so because they were not happy with DT.
I knew nobody planning to vote GJ because they hated HRC.

Now, if Bernie had ran as a third party, different story.

ramairthree
11-09-16, 09:43
Also,
How must it feel to be so hated that even with bussing in votes, no ID vote stuffing, etc. you cannot beat a guy with zero political experience.

TF82
11-09-16, 09:49
Here for my feast of crow. I have a lot of doubts and I'm still really troubled by a lot of what he's said but as an American all I can do is hope he'll be soooo great.

ralph
11-09-16, 09:50
Also,
How must it feel to be so hated that even with bussing in votes, no ID vote stuffing, etc. you cannot beat a guy with zero political experience.

I'd say that right now, cankels is probably wondering if Trump will follow through with his threat to have her "problem" looked into...She has to be filling her pampers at a alarming rate... Must suck to be her this morning...Obumbo, the DOJ, the FBI, can't and won't protect her anymore, the DNC can't either, she's been hung out to dry...

Averageman
11-09-16, 10:15
I dunno, I hope he takes an entire day to kick back and relish in the fact that he won, perhaps gloat a bit in private and then get down to business.
First order of business being to put Comey on notice that his career is over and he may be getting some obstruction of justice charges filed against him.
Second order of business, kicking Paul Ryan in the nuts four or five times, then giving him a new job as a Bell Boy at Trump Towers.

First you deal with the minor league traitors, let Hillary, Bill, Podesta and Huma stew in their juices and watch these two get theirs. In the mean time feed Try Gowdy raw meat laced with gun powder to get his edge sharp for the festivities to come.

RetroRevolver77
11-09-16, 10:16

Gary Johnson only served to siphon off the most hardcore disenfranchised Bernie supporters.

However anyone who believes in gun rights that voted for Johnson despite the fact that his running mate was anti-gun, needs to do some reflection on why they would risk the election going to Hillary.

7n6

titsonritz
11-09-16, 10:23

And bring on the cheap ammo.

Averageman
11-09-16, 10:23
When Johnson was interviewed and had no idea what or where Aleppo was he took a crap in his hat and pulled it down tight.
That anyone took him serious after that interview was even less informed than Johnson was at that moment.
If you want an example of someone who's ego got the best of him, it was Gary Johnson, all he did was set back the possibility that in the future third party candidates might be taken seriously.

Firefly
11-09-16, 10:26
....ya know if affordable Russian Saiga Legions or Tigrs/Dragunovs made their way back in with a perestroika 2.0....
it wouldnt hurt my feelings one iota and I'm not really an AK guy

sevenhelmet
11-09-16, 10:36
I'm not a fan of Trump, but holy shit is it satisfying seeing all the Hillary supporters withering in pain this morning!

I'm with you. And Trump's victory speech was remarkably non-inflammatory. I'm kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop.

IMHO, the biggest problem facing Trump's prospective administration is the federal budget. Medicare, 'caid, and Social Security now accout for over 40% of the budget (arguably all of the deficit), and it's increased dramatically over the last couple of years. You can hope for radical changes, but no matter what, that deficit and debt is not going to be an easy problem to fix. If the Trump admin ignores deficit spending the way Obama's has, we're in for a rough ride as a country, no matter how many years' sentencing Clinton gets or how many 3 and 5-letter agencies get gutted. Not that I have a problem with those pursuits, everybody needs a hobby. But ensuring the fiscal continuation of the nation is job #1 as far as I'm concerned. The biggest arrow in Trump's quiver is he's not afraid to be unpopular, and some unpopular decisions will be likely be required to right the ship.

That's the big-ticket item for the first 100 days IMO, and it actually starts between now and the inauguration. How many trillions did Obama commit before he even took office? :mad:

brickboy240
11-09-16, 10:41
Start mixing that concrete for the wall!!

sevenhelmet
11-09-16, 10:44
Start mixing that concrete for the wall!!

Oooh, buy some stock in structural concrete manufacturers.

SHIVAN
11-09-16, 10:51
Cruz to SCOTUS. With Gowdy sticking to his day job until Ginsburg decides to quit, move or die. Cruz and Gowdy on SCOTUS should be a godsend.

Turnkey11
11-09-16, 10:56
Oooh, buy some stock in structural concrete manufacturers.

100 years ago we built something big, should just annex everything to the Panama Canal and use that for a border.

Arik
11-09-16, 10:58
Put HRC in jail
From pants suits to jump suits!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SHIVAN
11-09-16, 10:58
I'd maybe tap Napalitano before Cruz, only because he's 66, and could do some good in the immediate future replacing Scalia, where Cruz could take Ginsburg's spot and Gowdy taking Breyer's/Kennedy's spot.

Watrdawg
11-09-16, 11:02
Napalitano would be a good choice also. The above scenario definitely makes sense

11-09-16, 11:10

Tort Reform- You sir get an A. Been paying attention and not just workin' 24/7, eh?

Insurance also needs to be able to cross state lines. That, and Tort Reform, would go far in repairing what is broken.

Big A
11-09-16, 11:45
Tort Reform- You sir get an A. Been paying attention and not just workin' 24/7, eh?

Insurance also needs to be able to cross state lines. That, and Tort Reform, would go far in repairing what is broken.
Bingo! Repeal Obamacare and fixing those two things would be a great place to start.

Averageman
11-09-16, 11:45
I will be very disappointed if he doesn't go after the Clinton Foundation and Hillary Clinton personally.
The investigations are well under way, without the collusion of a corrupt Justice Department and FBI Director, I have a feeling that Hillary is toast and needs to be doing some time, hopefully her last years behind bars.
At this point all he needs to do is take office and turn over the reigns to someone not carrying water for the Clinton Crime Syndicate, Trey Gowdy will happily do the rest.
This needs to be done to set a precedent about corruption in our Government, without a real trial, with real charges, all will be lost.

SteyrAUG
11-09-16, 12:12
It's like this folks....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJqjlFGZxtE

djegators
11-09-16, 12:28
Not a fan of Paul Ryan, but he is a policy geek, a budget expert, etc. Trump needs to get his team with Ryan ASAP, work on integrating Ryan's budget ideas, and Trump's plans, add in some tax reform, and get a really good budget rolled out quick. Simplify the income tax, make the corporate taxes competitive, show some serious spending controls, and we can immediately get economic improvement.

djegators
11-09-16, 12:29
As much as I despise Hillary, the best thing politically would be to just leave her be.

djegators
11-09-16, 12:32
Oh, and nominating a good Constitutionally based SCOTUS nominee will happen very quickly.

BuzzinSATX
11-09-16, 12:34

Ultimately, it's based on which way the third party voter would have gone had they chose one of the two candidates with a genuine possibility of winning.

I am not saying how 3D party affected the entire election...I have no idea how that played out nor does anyone else for sure. My comments are limited to this forum.

I would expect the majority of M4C members would consider gun rights issues as one of their key issues. Maybe not top or second most important issue, but certainly a strong point.

So in a choice between HRC & DJT, where NRA endorsed DJT, a vote for a 3D party candidate would likely be a non-Trump vote.

djegators
11-09-16, 12:44
Johnson and Stein combined for a whopping 4% of the popular....I think a lot of third party fantasies about this election were crushed.

Averageman
11-09-16, 12:44
As much as I despise Hillary, the best thing politically would be to just leave her be.

No, not really.
When you have beaten an enemy to the ground it is now time to put your boot firmly on their neck and play the Hokie Pokey.
Had we the fortitude and numbers to impeach Bill and put him out of office, we wouldn't have had to deal with 20+ years of Hillary or the Clinton Foundation.
I would choose to humiliate and imprison them both rather than display compassion and humility at this point.
They are like Vampires and we simply must in order to affirm Trump's legacy grind them in to the carpet before Chelsea takes a run for POTUS.

SHIVAN
11-09-16, 12:59
Hillary should be angling all her political capital at an Obama "11th hour" pardon. In a promise that she bow out of the scene, and die in peace. Obama can fill the speaker's circuit void that will create.

Big A
11-09-16, 13:03

No, not really.
When you have beaten an enemy to the ground it is now time to put your boot firmly on their neck and play the Hokie Pokey.
Had we the fortitude and numbers to impeach Bill and put him out of office, we wouldn't have had to deal with 20+ years of Hillary or the Clinton Foundation.
I would choose to humiliate and imprison them both rather than display compassion and humility at this point.
They are like Vampires and we simply must in order to affirm Trump's legacy grind them in to the carpet before Chelsea takes a run for POTUS.

I agree with DJ. As much as she deserves to be fitted with an orange jumpsuit prosecuting her for anything that came out during the election will most likely turn off reluctant Trump voters and hurt any chance of keeping an R majority in 2018. Now if the current DOJ decides to bring charges then more power to them. But Trump's DOJ needs to let anything that was brought to light during the past year go. If they find her to be involved in something else though, then by all means prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law.

djegators
11-09-16, 13:28
I agree with DJ. As much as she deserves to be fitted with an orange jumpsuit prosecuting her for anything that came out during the election will most likely turn off reluctant Trump voters and hurt any chance of keeping an R majority in 2018. Now if the current DOJ decides to bring charges then more power to them. But Trump's DOJ needs to let anything that was brought to light during the past year go. If they find her to be involved in something else though, then by all means prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law.

I agree....let the DoJ/FBI do what they need to do, but other than that, focus on the agenda, and stay above the fray. If he comes after her hard, he would look vindictive and mean....he already beat her, at least leave the door open for her voters to support you.

Averageman
11-09-16, 13:44
I agree....let the DoJ/FBI do what they need to do, but other than that, focus on the agenda, and stay above the fray. If he comes after her hard, he would look vindictive and mean....he already beat her, at least leave the door open for her voters to support you.

He needs to do little more than remove Comey and put Cuomo in his place and appoint Gowdy to the DOJ. Add Cruz to the SCOTUS and it is a done deal.
The resulting blood bath will not have his fingerprints directly on the results.
Trump promised he would send her to prison, and he needs to do so.
If you feel that Democrats who voted for Trump would be insulted, I'm sure if you looked at why they voted for Trump, many of them did because they knew the Clintons were criminals.

WillBrink
11-09-16, 14:16
Topless chicks chanting something bout Trump grabbing his balls staying out of their polls. LOL was had.

Topless protesters crash Manhattan poll (VIDEO)

Two women made a bold statement Tuesday morning at the Manhattan polling site where Donald Trump was due to cast his ballot.

The women – later identified as 28-year-old Tiffany Robson, of Seattle, and 30-year-old Neda Topaloski, of Montreal, Canada – entered the P.S. 59 polling site just after 8 a.m., then ripped off their shirts, exposing anti-Trump rhetoric written on their bare chests and backs. The women shouted, “Grab your balls! Out of our polls!” as they marched around the inside of the building.

http://www.guns.com/2016/11/09/topless-protesters-crash-manhattan-poll-video/?utm_content=buffer4aac7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

glocktogo
11-09-16, 15:13
The way to Hillary's black heart with a stake is through the IRS into the Clinton Foundation. NOTHING about it should be publicized until a sealed Grand jury hands down indictments. Even if she doesn't go to prison, she should be made to watch as her gravy train is torn apart piece by piece. :)

Beyond that:

Get a budget passed (if Congress doesn't do it on their own next month)

Get with Putin to shelve Cold War 2.0 AND kill ISIS (two birds, one stone)

Repeal Obamacare and pass a market based alternative with both catastrophic only and tiered regular coverage

Stop the FED shit show

Kill the TPP

Reinvigorate CBP & USBP on removing criminal aliens, while simultaneously overhauling our defunct immigration system

I'd say that's a solid 100 days worth. :)

Business_Casual
11-09-16, 16:33

LOL, the rule of law turns off voters? Well maybe they shouldn't be voting.

MistWolf
11-09-16, 16:35
100 years ago we built something big, should just annex everything to the Panama Canal and use that for a border.

I'm in

Artos
11-09-16, 16:48
Sorry if I missed it but I recall he was going to reverse some or all of the EO's obummer placed...you guys remember what he listed??

I do know he repeated the Iran deal is gone for sure many times.

Man, I really just hope the house & senate come together to get this country in line & prioritize the shit out of all that is jacked up with this nation...I never was a big Trump guy, but one thing about this guy I like is the fact he wants results on his objectives & is relentless to succeed. The only one I see not having a chance is term limits, but more than welcomed to be proven wrong!!

djegators
11-09-16, 17:15
Trump's agenda for first 100 days

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_landings/contract/O-TRU-102316-Contractv02.pdf

Watrdawg
11-09-16, 18:12
Ambitious but all of it makes sense and is very doable!

Watrdawg
11-09-16, 18:19
As far as not prosecuting Hillary is concerned that would be a big mistake! If you let the snake live she will come back to bite you! The Clintons need to be completely defanged and exposed for who they really are. As is they are down but not out by any means!

williejc
11-09-16, 19:11
Getting even with Hillary is not the high road that Trump should take. It would require an Herculean and expensive effort and would cast Trump in vindictive light. The woman has been disgraced, made out to be a chump, and suffered overexposure of her terrible character. Too, the process would be divisive during a time when Trump must be trying to build consensus on critical domestic and foreign issues. She ain't worth it.

Clint
11-09-16, 19:25
Trump's agenda for first 100 days

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_landings/contract/O-TRU-102316-Contractv02.pdf

Looks like a good start, but I don't see anything about expanding gun rights...

SilverBullet432
11-09-16, 20:44
Term limits please.

Iraqgunz
11-09-16, 20:47
Hughes Amendment and NFA stuff will never be repealed. You can forget it. Putting guns at the top of any plate is stupid right now.

Nope. This ain't a linear process, and there is no reason to treat it as such. Sure, some major issues need to be tackled as you suggest, but there is zero reason not to pursue some pro-gun legislation while he has both houses of Congress. He owes this community for their support, as well as many other communities like evangelicals, blue collar, etc. I am not saying this as a "what's in it for me" stance, I honestly believe the things that benefit these groups benefit our Nation as a whole.

I think several of these would be extremely doable, and not really much effort with the future House and Senate. Personally, I want to see the following happen:

1. Eliminate registration/tax for suppressors

2. Eliminate registration/tax for SBR's

3. Concealed carry reciprocity for all 50 states plus US territories

4. Eliminate firearms restrictions for authorized personnel on federal instillations. This can be done with an executive order first and placed into law quickly

5. Establish "Shall issue" as the default CHL position for all states with maximum timelines of issuance of 60 days. I can see some folks saying this is a 'states rights" issue, like gay marriage, but I would disagree. Gay marriage (which I'm fine with) is not a constitutionally protected right...bearing arms is, per the founders.

And as an extra, I want to see pro-gun judges appointed from now on to every federal court in the land!

Hey, BHO said it best..."Elections have consequences!!!" Time to get busy!!!

SteyrAUG
11-09-16, 20:51
Hughes Amendment and NFA stuff will never be repealed. You can forget it. Putting guns at the top of any plate is stupid right now.

Agreed.

Normalize relations with Russia.
Eliminate Obama EOs.
Repeal Obamacare.
Get rid of NAFTA.

Guns can wait, we are in an "ok" place right now.

brushy bill
11-09-16, 20:57
Hughes Amendment and NFA stuff will never be repealed. You can forget it.

That's what I read and heard a lot of places about Trump winning this election...not presumptuous enough to say it will, but wouldn't rule out anything. Also, while probably not a first 100 day thing (beyond executive orders), but Buzz is right. Trump owes the gun owning electorate to keep promises made, before 2018....I mean two years...that is doable.

Iraqgunz
11-09-16, 21:02
Absolutely. I was doing some reading in regards to Germany and civil suits. The highest civil suits that I could find show the highest payouts were less than 650,000 USD. And that was in cases of death.

Insurance should be portable and like you said across state lines.

BuzzinSATX
11-09-16, 21:45
Agreed.

Eliminate Obama EOs.
Repeal Obamacare.
Get rid of NAFTA.

Guns can wait, we are in an "ok" place right now.

First, who said anything about putting gun issues on top? That would be a mistake.

Second, I haven't seen anyone mention automatic weapons, and for sure I didn't. Not sure why Hughes Amendment was brought up.

But easing restrictions on NFA items are very doable. Hearing Protection Act is already a bipartisan effort (eliminate suppressors from NFA restrictions) and would be an easy kill to attach it as a rider to any major appropriation bill or any legislation on NAFTA and/or health care. I think removal of SBR's from NFA would similarly be an obtainable goal, especially since these weapons are produced in many blue states including NY, MA, IL, and CT. Again, not on a stand alone bill, but as a rider on a major piece of legislation the Dems can sign on to.

Possession and transport of POF's on military facilities are an executive action. Not sure how well Trump would support it, as he does listen to his Flag Officer pals, many of whom would be against it. But there was a time back in the day when we all kept firearms in our vehicles, and it was not a big deal.

Again, this does not have to be stand alone or major legislation. A simple two-three sentence paragraph embedded in a larger bill would suffice. It happens on every bill.

BuzzinSATX
11-09-16, 21:50

Agree with this and have for a long time. If health insurance was both portable across state lines AND you could buy in another state other than your state of residence (not sure if this is actually same as 'portable'), it would really bring down prices.

BuzzinSATX
11-09-16, 22:03
Agreed.

Eliminate Obama EOs.
Repeal Obamacare.
Get rid of NAFTA.

I think our relations with Putin and Russia will settle down when Trump comes in office. I think Putin saw BHO as a major pussy and had no respect for him and even less for his apparent heir, HRC.

EO's should be an easy kill of the most part. The logistics of unwinding some of them may be involved, but ultimately, they can begin implementation pretty quickly. It's the cogs in the process that take a while to clear.

NAFTA...as a major trading partner, it is in Mexico's best interest to bend over backwards and kiss Trump squarely on his butt i that's what he wants. I think the whole NAFTA renegotiations will begin with immediate posturing, but Mexico will cave quickly once Trump throws them some bone to save face. They know we call the shots...they are just used to dealing with a pushover. That ship sails in January, when the new bull enters the pasture.

Obamacare will be the long process and will take some major negotiations and back and forth. How much of that is happening now behind the scenes is hard to say, but I suspect a bit. I would bet Trump has already spoke with Schumer and Pelosi and made them some offers for assistance with getting their herd in step, or at least minimizing their actual resistance. I would think Schumer will play along, at least behind the scenes. No telling what Crazy Nancy will do, but she is ultimately a self centered wench and Trump will likely find her weak spot and make her the right offer so she kissed the ring.

Trump will let them look good in front of their constituents, as long as he gets what he wants. He knows how to deal...and I do not believe we've had a good deal maker in the executive/legislative interaction process since Clinton and Gingrich were paired up.

SteyrAUG
11-09-16, 23:47
First, who said anything about putting gun issues on top? That would be a mistake.

I think perhaps you took my post in a way that was never intended. I was just agreeing with Iraqgunz that it isn't a first 100 days issue. Unlike Obama, Trump will actually need to accomplish something before they give him a Nobel Peace Prize.

I would absolutely LOVE for Trump to strike the Sporter Clause from the 1968 GCA and watch all of the dominoes fall as their basis for existing is eliminated. But Trump has a lot of work to do and undoing the last 28 years of Presidential incompetence and Congressional larceny is a tall order.

nimdabew
11-10-16, 00:58
This looks like excellent news if the paper was outlining his intentions. I am also glad he is working on it lickety split instead of waiting around.

http://reagancoalition.com/articles/2016/trump-releases-his-plan-for-2nd-amendment-leaves-millions-furious.html

The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period,” the position paper began.

Trump went on to explain that the right to keep and bear arms is a right that pre-exists both the government and the Constitution, noting that government didn’t create the right, nor can it take it away.

He also rightly denoted the Second Amendment as “America’s first freedom,” pointing out that it helps protect all of the other rights we hold dear.

In order to protect and defend that right, Trump proposed tougher enforcement of laws that are already on the books, rather than adding new gun control laws.

Moose-Knuckle
11-10-16, 04:31
Hillary should be angling all her political capital at an Obama "11th hour" pardon. In a promise that she bow out of the scene, and die in peace. Obama can fill the speaker's circuit void that will create.

As with any crime syndicate that takes other's people money for favors, I surmise the least of her worries is a US jail cell. In the end she might be begging for one to keep her safe from those she has defaulted on.

BuzzinSATX
11-10-16, 06:48
I think perhaps you took my post in a way that was never intended. I was just agreeing with Iraqgunz that it isn't a first 100 days issue. Unlike Obama, Trump will actually need to accomplish something before they give him a Nobel Peace Prize.

I would absolutely LOVE for Trump to strike the Sporter Clause from the 1968 GCA and watch all of the dominoes fall as their basis for existing is eliminated. But Trump has a lot of work to do and undoing the last 28 years of Presidential incompetence and Congressional larceny is a tall order.

Sorry I misunderstood. And I agree there are some very big fish to fry for our new president as he attempts to reset our Nation back on a much more "constitution friendly" track after 8 years of One Big Ass Mistake, America!

agr1279
11-10-16, 07:03
Donald Trump Jr is a High Power and has participated in NRA XTC and CMP matches. This should work good for us but why I want a roll back of all gun regulations to Pre NFA days it won't happen unless the planets align just right and I don't see that happening anytime soon. What I do see happening fairly quickly is the relaxation of firearms on bases. National Reciprocity for CCW and also the HPA would be nice.

Realistically he has bigger fish to fry.

Previous EO by the current president.
The health care system the he also screwed up.
Relations with Russia but as others have posted that Putin respects power and the current has no understanding and I thing that will fix itself.
Dealing with ISIS and the like.
The Border and the illegals that have entered and anyone that has stayed past their visa's.
The economy which is in the crapper.

Dan

Rekkr870
11-10-16, 07:24
Hell...
Yes

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

djegators
11-10-16, 08:21
Newt, who has been closely advising Trump during the election, and will likely take the same role in the administration. said this last night: ""Trump needs to pick a limited initial set of really big changes...that defines the first 6-8 months of his presidency"

I'm glad Newt is there, because he knows what to do and how to do it. I expect them to pick three big items and go at them full court press. Obamacare, border security, and economic plan are likely to be the three.

Alex V
11-10-16, 08:35
What are we waiting for? Other than Jan 20th I mean.

Sensei
11-10-16, 08:49

Absolutely. I was doing some reading in regards to Germany and civil suits. The highest civil suits that I could find show the highest payouts were less than 650,000 USD. And that was in cases of death.

I'm confused. What does the federal government have to do with malpractice laws? Malpractice and other torts are under the exclusive control of the States.

glocktogo
11-10-16, 13:05
Newt, who has been closely advising Trump during the election, and will likely take the same role in the administration. said this last night: ""Trump needs to pick a limited initial set of really big changes...that defines the first 6-8 months of his presidency"

I'm glad Newt is there, because he knows what to do and how to do it. I expect them to pick three big items and go at them full court press. Obamacare, border security, and economic plan are likely to be the three.

Add Russian relations and I think you have it.

WillBrink
11-10-16, 14:55
If and when the Trump admin does get to any 2A/gun related changes that's in our favor (assumed until proven otherwise), probably looking at a few years at least, mid way through his term is my guess. Meanwhile, it's likely nothing will change for the negative in that time span. I expect he will have chips owed to the NRA et al in exchange for the strong support they gave him, so on that front, it should be a solid win for 2A. We can all think of a lot of 2A/gun related stuff for the wish list, but a pro 2A member or two added to SCOTUS, would be where the long term support of 2A and eventual fall of anti 2A laws over time.

With HC, she'd already said within her first 100 days she'd ignore Congress and the Const and pass some executive orders that were anti 2A I recall.

Averageman
11-10-16, 15:32
If and when the Trump admin does get to any 2A/gun related changes that's in our favor (assumed until proven otherwise), probably looking at a few years at least, mid way through his term is my guess. Meanwhile, it's likely nothing will change for the negative in that time span. I expect he will have chips owed to the NRA et al in exchange for the strong support they gave him, so on that front, it should be a solid win for 2A. We can all think of a lot of 2A/gun related stuff for the wish list, but a pro 2A member or two added to SCOTUS, would be where the long term support of 2A and eventual fall of anti 2A laws over time.

With HC, she'd already said within her first 100 days she'd ignore Congress and the Const and pass some executive orders that were anti 2A I recall.

If Conservatives were smart a lot of this legislation would have been written and waiting for this opportunity.
There should be a large push on day one to get things moving and to overwhelm the minority in the House and Senate just by volume and sheer numbers. I want to see the Tsunami to fall right on their heads.
The mistake the Democrats made was that they sat on their smug a**es until the clock ran out on Obama's first term. We need to push our elected officials to bury them in masses of legislation that overturns all the Socialist Progressives have achieved in the last fifty years.
That we focus on Gun Control gives us blinders to the overwhelming potential to destroy any chance they have to come back.
I'm telling you, every time you lift your foot off of the neck of your enemy you guarantee they will come back to haunt you for your mistakes. This is why we need to hasten the call to take Hillary and the Clinton Foundation down and do it hard and fast.
Unless you want to see this illegal money go in to the pockets of those who will fight us in four more years, you need to go for the whole F'ing Enchilada now while we have them beaten.

WillBrink
11-10-16, 15:58
If Conservatives were smart a lot of this legislation would have been written and waiting for this opportunity.
There should be a large push on day one to get things moving and to overwhelm the minority in the House and Senate just by volume and sheer numbers. I want to see the Tsunami to fall right on their heads.
The mistake the Democrats made was that they sat on their smug a**es until the clock ran out on Obama's first term. We need to push our elected officials to bury them in masses of legislation that overturns all the Socialist Progressives have achieved in the last fifty years.
That we focus on Gun Control gives us blinders to the overwhelming potential to destroy any chance they have to come back.
I'm telling you, every time you lift your foot off of the neck of your enemy you guarantee they will come back to haunt you for your mistakes. This is why we need to hasten the call to take Hillary and the Clinton Foundation down and do it hard and fast.
Unless you want to see this illegal money go in to the pockets of those who will fight us in four more years, you need to go for the whole F'ing Enchilada now while we have them beaten.

I get your POV, but the reality on the ground in my view is, too hard too fast and you'll end up with gridlock that makes the last 8 years look efficient. Dems, etc. are already looking to resist and all changes and real dialogue, and then we get nadda done. If they attempt massive assaults on multiple fronts, we stagnate like a Russian winter. Getting something done that has long lasting effects seems of more value then getting nadda done. Pick the most important strategic fights (insert Sun Tzu quote here) and stay focused on them.

Arnold has spoken! :agree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0u_on5fQsY

djegators
11-10-16, 15:59
2A issues won't be a priority and shouldn't...there are big issues to hit on day 1. On the other hand, I don't see why Congress can't pass a few basics like reciprocity the first year. That won't take time from the Admin other than signing the bill. And if Trump follows thru on wiping out EOs, that will be useful too.

RazorBurn
11-10-16, 16:03
I get your POV, but the reality on the ground in my view is, too hard too fast and you'll end up with gridlock that makes the last 8 years look efficient. Dems, etc. are already looking to resist and all changes and real dialogue, and then we get nadda done. If they attempt massive assaults on multiple fronts, we stagnate like a Russian winter. Getting something done that has long lasting effects seems of more value then getting nadda done. Pick the most important strategic fights (insert Sun Tzu quote here) and stay focused on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0u_on5fQsY

Arnold is one of the biggest POS pro-gun control RINO's in history. I have absolutely no respect for him, and he's a part of the reason Commiefornia is in the state it's in now with virtually no gun rights.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Governor/Arnold_Schwarzenegger_Gun_Control.htm

wilson1911
11-10-16, 16:24
2A issues won't be a priority and shouldn't...there are big issues to hit on day 1. On the other hand, I don't see why Congress can't pass a few basics like reciprocity the first year. That won't take time from the Admin other than signing the bill. And if Trump follows thru on wiping out EOs, that will be useful too.

This would actually be one of the easy things to fix. Trump does not make laws, congress does. All the has to do is give a list of what he wants and hand it off. Someone would pick it up and run with it. Then trump just signs it.

If I were trump, I would already know who to give it to....along with a printed out NFA act and a #10 black magic marker.

I am not normally for any gun laws, but I would leave full auto's on it for the time being, but nothing else.

djegators
11-10-16, 16:30
This would actually be one of the easy things to fix. Trump does not make laws, congress does. All the has to do is give a list of what he wants and hand it off. Someone would pick it up and run with it. Then trump just signs it.

If I were trump, I would already know who to give it to....along with a printed out NFA act and a #10 black magic marker.

I am not normally for any gun laws, but I would leave full auto's on it for the time being, but nothing else.

I would think at least a repeal of the Hughes Amendment...

RazorBurn
11-10-16, 16:31

My only question is why on the full auto's?

Full auto's have been very limited in availability for many years now, and that makes them very expensive items. Other than them being full auto what's the problem with them? Most people don't understand that the gangsters in the 1920's stole a lot of the firearms they used. Like Bonnie and Clyde's sawed off BAR that was stolen from a National Guard Armory. Even back them most people couldn't afford an expensive firearm like a Tommy Gun, and gangsters didn't want something that could be traced back to them.

Outlander Systems
11-10-16, 17:19
Tell him what to do:

https://www.greatagain.gov

I suggested Appointing Trey Gowdy to AG.

WillBrink
11-10-16, 17:30
Arnold is one of the biggest POS pro-gun control RINO's in history. I have absolutely no respect for him, and he's a part of the reason Commiefornia is in the state it's in now with virtually no gun rights.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Governor/Arnold_Schwarzenegger_Gun_Control.htm

Arnold is the classic person who thinks he supports the 2A and owns guns, yet did not truly "get" what it means. He never should have gotten into politics. I can't call him a friend, but have met him a number of times and have some mutual friends, and he's a good guy. He threw CA gun owners under the bus and that was bad mojo to be sure.

WillBrink
11-10-16, 17:32

Get pro 2A SCOTUS in and national CCW would be 2 things that would be major win for 2A/gun rights that could help secure long term wall against antis. Then work on all states going Const carry!

SeriousStudent
11-10-16, 19:31
I'd maybe tap Napalitano before Cruz, only because he's 66, and could do some good in the immediate future replacing Scalia, where Cruz could take Ginsburg's spot and Gowdy taking Breyer's/Kennedy's spot.

I do kinda like the idea of Cruz on SCOTUS now. It would be entertaining to watch him methodically dismantle Ginsburg, one sentence at a time. :)

Gowdy as AG would bring a huge grin to my face, then nominate him for SCOTUS.

BuzzinSATX
11-10-16, 20:43
I do kinda like the idea of Cruz on SCOTUS now. It would be entertaining to watch him methodically dismantle Ginsburg, one sentence at a time. :)

Gowdy as AG would bring a huge grin to my face, then nominate him for SCOTUS.

Trump pledged to appoint judges from his published list. Cruz was not on it. Cruz has said he wasn't interested...

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/09/trump-puts-out-new-list-of-potential-supreme-court-nominees.php

SteyrAUG
11-10-16, 21:19

Strike the sporter clause and you won't need to repeal anything.

djegators
11-10-16, 21:24
Strike the sporter clause and you won't need to repeal anything.

Works for me

Averageman
11-11-16, 07:07

Lets take a look at the last eight years of Progressive Socialism and then can you tell me that it isn't the enemy of the United States?
When President Obama said he was going to fundamentally change things, do you really think he meant we would be more free and less encumbered by Big Government?
When President Obama said "You didn't build that." Do you think he was talking about how the government serves the people, or how the people must serve the government?
Has the current President helped or hurt our Military by turning it in to a Social experiment and essentially gutting the numbers and efficiency of our fighting force? Is it smart for the money we spend for defense to go to beans and bullets or sexual reassignment surgeries?

I see your point, I really do, but I have to ask, can we do this in a polite and dignified manner and still push every piece of necessary legislation through the process to reverse the damage that has been done by not only this administration, but the last several?
Can we do this without hurting the feelings of the far left wing of the Democratic Party?
Can we look our Children in the eye and say Donald J Trump and a GOP House and Senate made America better than it had been in the last forty years if we concern ourselves with the feelings and opinions of those Socialist Progressives and some outright Marxists who have found their way in to or Government?

The time is right the numbers are there and if we want to save America we pretty much need to use every legal tactic available to return America to the Constitution and to make it great again.
We've had eight years of watching our Law Enforcement take a back seat to rioters. We have watched the Main Stream Media rewrite the narrative of events to fuel discord. We have watched the rise of illegal immigration until the borders of are Country are killing grounds for Border Patrol Agents and as porous as a colander. We've watch the RINO's take the very side of the people they were elected to fight.

No, buddy, the American People gave this power to the President elect and the new members of the Legislative Branch for a reason.
I have less than zero concern for the feelings or the attempts to manipulate the minority parties power in such a case, "Elections have Consequences" remember?

djegators
11-11-16, 07:38
Lets take a look at the last eight years of Progressive Socialism and then can you tell me that it isn't the enemy of the United States?
When President Obama said he was going to fundamentally change things, do you really think he meant we would be more free and less encumbered by Big Government?
When President Obama said "You didn't build that." Do you think he was talking about how the government serves the people, or how the people must serve the government?
Has the current President helped or hurt our Military by turning it in to a Social experiment and essentially gutting the numbers and efficiency of our fighting force? Is it smart for the money we spend for defense to go to beans and bullets or sexual reassignment surgeries?

I see your point, I really do, but I have to ask, can we do this in a polite and dignified manner and still push every piece of necessary legislation through the process to reverse the damage that has been done by not only this administration, but the last several?
Can we do this without hurting the feelings of the far left wing of the Democratic Party?
Can we look our Children in the eye and say Donald J Trump and a GOP House and Senate made America better than it had been in the last forty years if we concern ourselves with the feelings and opinions of those Socialist Progressives and some outright Marxists who have found their way in to or Government?

The time is right the numbers are there and if we want to save America we pretty much need to use every legal tactic available to return America to the Constitution and to make it great again.
We've had eight years of watching our Law Enforcement take a back seat to rioters. We have watched the Main Stream Media rewrite the narrative of events to fuel discord. We have watched the rise of illegal immigration until the borders of are Country are killing grounds for Border Patrol Agents and as porous as a colander. We've watch the RINO's take the very side of the people they were elected to fight.

No, buddy, the American People gave this power to the President elect and the new members of the Legislative Branch for a reason.
I have less than zero concern for the feelings or the attempts to manipulate the minority parties power in such a case, "Elections have Consequences" remember?

Spot on. This isn't about unity, working together, etc, this is about winning elections and using the power to advance an agenda. EVERY like is an almost even split of the electorate, that is how it works in a free society. Even after Reagan's re-election, when he crushed Mondale, the Dems still fought for their issues, and the Repubs for theirs. BTW, I hear that Reagan didn't campaign in MN because he felt bad for Mondale, LOL.

The voters have given Trump what he needs to do what he says he would do, now it is up to him to do it.

ABNAK
11-11-16, 08:02
Cabinet-wise here's who I'd like to see:

SecDef....Alan West

AG....Trey Gowdy (maybe with Sheriff Clark as head of the FBI with instructions to clean house)

SecState....John Bolton

JC5188
11-11-16, 08:14
I just hope that the next time Iran sends their "fast boats" to harass a US Destroyer, they get a lesson in naval gunfire....

That would do me for now.

Sensei
11-11-16, 09:18

SecDef....Alan West

AG....Trey Gowdy (maybe with Sheriff Clark as head of the FBI with instructions to clean house)

SecState....John Bolton

Does Sheriff Clark have any experience in federal law enforcement? I hear he is being vetted for Sec. of Homeland Security. That is a much better position IMHO. Directors of agencies should have experience in those agencies or something closely related (i.e. a former US Attorney leading FBI).

wilson1911
11-11-16, 09:41
My only question is why on the full auto's?

Full auto's have been very limited in availability for many years now, and that makes them very expensive items. Other than them being full auto what's the problem with them? Most people don't understand that the gangsters in the 1920's stole a lot of the firearms they used. Like Bonnie and Clyde's sawed off BAR that was stolen from a National Guard Armory. Even back them most people couldn't afford an expensive firearm like a Tommy Gun, and gangsters didn't want something that could be traced back to them.

Maybe it would be too much of a good thing all at once. While we would love to have them...including me. I can imagine some gang bangers looting some and going on a drive by spree. By law, no arms regulation is permitted by the constitution. This is my first belief, and always will be.

You said it yourself, those guns were stolen. By leaving FA on the list, it would allow the dems some saving grace. AND we get to have all the stuff we have been crying about for years. If they allowed FA to be removed, I would want abusers to be hung for all to see.

chuckman
11-11-16, 09:53

SecDef....Alan West

SecState....John Bolton

GEN. Mattis for SECNAV

I could also see Giuliani as AG.

ABNAK
11-11-16, 09:56
Does Sheriff Clark have any experience in federal law enforcement? I hear he is being vetted for Sec. of Homeland Security. That is a much better position IMHO. Directors of agencies should have experience in those agencies or something closely related (i.e. a former US Attorney leading FBI).

Same thing could be said about putting Cruz on the SCOTUS. He was never a judge. I think that sometimes a "breath of fresh air" or doing something outside the box isn't a bad idea. I just think that with Comey's BS and his underlings in on it too that cleaning house from the top down at FBI is a must.

Homeland Security would be okay for Clark too I guess.

ABNAK
11-11-16, 10:03
Foreign policy-wise I'd like to see Trump convey the following message: we are not going to delve into nation-building, but we'll sure as hell destroy one if we have to!

Dist. Expert 26
11-11-16, 10:54
I'd like to see him use his authority as Commander in Chief to roll back all the gender integration and PC stupidity that's currently destroying the military. Best part about that is he doesn't have to ask anyone for permission.

26 Inf
11-11-16, 22:24
Same thing could be said about putting Cruz on the SCOTUS. He was never a judge. I think that sometimes a "breath of fresh air" or doing something outside the box isn't a bad idea. I just think that with Comey's BS and his underlings in on it too that cleaning house from the top down at FBI is a must.

There are a lot of good FBI agents - what I'd do is get a working group of field agents from across the U.S. and have them develop a short list. Best way to ensure you don't get a political hack in there. JMO

Big A
11-11-16, 23:00

SecState....John Bolton

Absolutely not. Nobody from the Neocon Bush admin needs to be a part of President Trump's administration.

Sensei
11-11-16, 23:35
Trump's rumored short list of cabinet secretaries:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/11/trumps-cabinet-speculation-mounts-over-president-elects-team.html

Rudy is being floated for AG
Mnuchan (Goldman Sachs), Carl Ican (Ican Enterprises), Diamond (JP Morgan) being floated for Treasury Sec.
Sessions likely tapped for Defense
Clarke for Homeland
Gingrich for Sec State.

SteyrAUG
11-11-16, 23:48
Absolutely not. Nobody from the Neocon Bush admin needs to be a part of President Trump's administration.

I think you need to look into Bolton, hardly a neocon and constantly at odds with the UN. He would be an amazing Secretary of State.

I'd like to see him use his authority as Commander in Chief to roll back all the gender integration and PC stupidity that's currently destroying the military. Best part about that is he doesn't have to ask anyone for permission.

Yes on the PC crap, but let the gender equality either succeed or fail. No need to take a side on that one. If it works, we have more players on the team. If it fails, we gave equality a try but discovered war doesn't favor equality. I don't think female lives are of greater or lesser value than male lives, and if anyone actually wants to fight for our country then by all means get out of their way and make sure they have everything they need.

SteyrAUG
11-11-16, 23:50
Rudy is being floated for AG

Wouldn't be my first choice.

jpmuscle
11-12-16, 01:08
Mine neither.

Moose-Knuckle
11-12-16, 03:47
I'd like to see Dr. Ben Carson at the least be appointed Surgeon General and that gay Englishmen Milo Yiannopoulos as White House Press Secretary.

BuzzinSATX
11-12-16, 07:37

Bolton is an excellent candidate. He's not a Bush insider. And he is respected by many throughout the world. He is no wimp and would bring a great level of credibility to that office.

Averageman
11-12-16, 08:08
Yes on the PC crap, but let the gender equality either succeed or fail. No need to take a side on that one. If it works, we have more players on the team. If it fails, we gave equality a try but discovered war doesn't favor equality. I don't think female lives are of greater or lesser value than male lives, and if anyone actually wants to fight for our country then by all means get out of their way and make sure they have everything they need.
They just need to remove the thumb off of the scale and let the chips fall where they may. No need to drop the whole project, just let it proceed uninfluenced by an agenda and let the truth be told.
That allows an unbiased opinion to be made and the idea lives or dies on it's own merits and doesn't have to be brought up again.

I do believe Bolton is the Man for the job.

Sensei
11-12-16, 08:34

It seems like names of loyalists are largely being floated. I'm reserving judgement until the nominations are actually submitted since these are just rumors at this point.

Dist. Expert 26
11-12-16, 08:48

I have to disagree.

There's no real question that, on the large scale, gender integration is going to fail. The USMC test showed that beyond a shadow of a doubt, but the Obama administration pushed forward with it anyway. If the experiment is allowed to corrupt the entire military, a lot of good men are going to die next time we get into a real fight. I'm not ok with that.

HKGuns
11-12-16, 09:45
Haven't seen this posted yet.

Making America Great Again (https://www.greatagain.gov/)

- Gives you some insight into what they are thinking
- Allows you to submit ideas
- Allows you to apply for a job

Eurodriver
11-12-16, 09:46
Already linked in another thread, but glad you made it its own. It's pretty neat.

I sent my resume, but as a registered Democrat I suspect they won't even consider me. :sad:

jpmuscle
11-12-16, 09:54
Already linked in another thread, but glad you made it its own. It's pretty neat.

I sent my resume, but as a registered Democrat I suspect they won't even consider me. :sad:
Dude, seeing you on the regular in DC would facilitate much hilarity. Many rounds would be bought and consumed.

WillBrink
11-12-16, 10:02
I have to disagree.

There's no real question that, on the large scale, gender integration is going to fail. The USMC test showed that beyond a shadow of a doubt, but the Obama administration pushed forward with it anyway. If the experiment is allowed to corrupt the entire military, a lot of good men are going to die next time we get into a real fight. I'm not ok with that.

Didn't the Israeli's try integrated combat units and found it to be a no go and changed it? I'm not up on the details there, but that's my general recollection. True?

Averageman
11-12-16, 10:20
I have to disagree.

I think if we take the SJW out of the mix we can let the scale judge the experiment and let the chips fall where they may.
I'm just wondering how the shake up (if any) will happen at the Pentagon? I'm a firm believer that there were some people who resigned and people who were promoted, who were given those positions or retired due to political pressures.
That could be remedied and the force could be set right, the ensuing change would be a shock not unlike what happened in the late 70's and early 80's within our Armed Forces.

26 Inf
11-12-16, 11:50
Didn't the Israeli's try integrated combat units and found it to be a no go and changed it? I'm not up on the details there, but that's my general recollection. True?

Israeli women’s combat roles exaggerated, military traditionalists say

Military traditionalists say women’s combat roles in the Israel Defense Forces are exaggerated by advocates in the U.S., noting as an example a recent IDF decision to keep Israeli women from serving on main battle tanks.

As the U.S. military prepares to open most, if not all, infantry, armor and special operations units to women, activists often point to the IDF as an illustration of a military in which women are thriving in ground combat units.

But a closer look shows Israeli women are not in direct combat special operations such as the Green Berets. Nor are they in front-line combat brigades mobilized to engage in direct heavy combat.

In the infantry, virtually all of Israel’s female combat soldiers are confined to two light battalions — the Caracal and the Lions of Jordan — which are assigned to guard the borders with Egypt and Jordan, the only Arab countries that have peace treaties with Israel.

“Uniformed Israeli women patrol the borders or help to train men for combat positions, but these important missions do not involve direct ground combat, meaning deliberate offensive action against the enemy,” said Elaine Donnelly, who heads the Center for Military Readiness. “None of America’s allies, much less potential adversaries, are treating women like men in the combat arms.”

Israeli women’s assignments are far more restrictive than the roles envisioned by advocates in the United States who anticipate an American military that opens all ground combat units to women, be they Navy SEALs or Army Green Berets or the Marine infantry or Army Brigade Combat Teams. All are deployed to engage in tough, close-in fighting for hours and days at a time.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/25/womens-combat-roles-in-israel-defense-forces-exagg/

I remembered this incident and was able to search and find it (bolded parts were bolded by myself):

Pride and Embarrassment for Mixed-Sex Unit after Firefight

One of the unit's female fighters performed heroically. Another cowered behind a bush for 90 minutes.

The IDF's mixed-sex Caracal unit apparently has reasons for both pride and embarrassment following the firefight on the border with Egypt that left one soldier and three terrorists dead.

The pride is due to the fact that one of the unit's female fighters, a markswoman identified only by the initial S., took part in the assault on the terrorists and shot one of them to death. The embarrassment is due to reports that another female combat soldier cowered behind a bush for over an hour, causing fear that she had been abducted.

S. has been feted by the media, which has been enamored with the IDF's women-in-combat program for more than a decade.

On Sunday, however, reports from the IDF's initial inquiry into the firefight revealed that another female soldier from Caracal behaved in a way that could cast doubt on the entire logic behind the creation of mixed-sex units.

The soldier, who serves in Caracal's reconnaissance unit, was near the Artillery Corps force that came under fire when the incident began. The rest of her unit was not far away at the time. She radioed to her unit that the force had come under fire, but then proceeded to hide behind a Hummer vehicle's tire, with her weapon's safety catch still on. She proceeded from there to a bush, where she hid for over an hour. At no point did she open fire at the terrorists, according to the initial details from the investigation.

Voice of Israel radio reported that the soldier called her mother during the firefight and shouted "gunfire!" into the phone. The mother heard the firefight through the telephone.

Once the firefight had ended, the unit's commanders counted the soldiers to make sure no one was missing. They became extremely worried when it turned out that they were one soldier short. According to reports, the IDF was convinced at this point that the female soldier had been abducted – a nightmare scenario for the IDF, especially since the Gilad Shalit affair, and a double nightmare if a female soldier is involved.

A search was mounted and the missing soldier was eventually located. She explained her behavior by saying that she thought she had "no chance" against the terrorists and that she was afraid she would find herself in a "friendly fire" exchange with the Artillery Corps force. The Regional Brigade commander reprimanded her for behavior, and reportedly told her: "You got scared, you ran away and you did not strive to make contact [with the enemy]." She is said to be in a bad state psychologically.

The IDF Spokesman denied the reports about the less-than-courageous performance and said that they were based on bits and pieces of the inquiry, which has not yet ended.

The placement of women in the IDF's combat units, and the general advancement of women into senior ranks, has been a flagship project of Israeli women's organizations such as the Israel Women's Network, created and maintained by the ultra-leftist New Israel Fund.

Due to the great influence wielded by the leftist-controlled women's groups, criticism of the feminization project has been stifled and mainstream publications refrain from publishing reports on the problematic nature of the experiment. The only English-language publication that has dealt with the subject is Arutz Sheva.

MK Yaakov Katz has told the Knesset that military research shows female soldiers' health – including reproductive health – is greatly endangered by service in combat units.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/160250

26 Inf
11-12-16, 11:56

I'm sorry to read this. It is probably a deal-breaker for inclusion in the 26Inf Smartest Man in Each State Series. Note I said probably. Yesterday I was shooting metal at a thousand with my M77. I think you have posted pics of your AR doing same. I'll send you my address, you do the right thing, and you are still in, just saying, it can be done.

SteyrAUG
11-12-16, 12:47
I have to disagree.

If it fails, it fails. But let's say there is only a 3% success rate. If you found yourself in some turd world conflict and dinged up, do you really care if the person who comes and gets you and drags your ass to cover has a vag? If ANYONE can fight, wants to fight and can meet the qualifications...put them in. To me it's one more rifle keeping people alive.

Digital_Damage
11-12-16, 14:33
Well, that did not take long...

Trump already backing out of Repealing Obamacare, prosecuting Clinton and deporting the "dreamers"

SteyrAUG
11-12-16, 14:54

Trump already backing out of Repealing Obamacare, prosecuting Clinton and deporting the "dreamers"

He's not even President yet. Do you not understand this is nothing more than talk at this point?

What's he supposed to do, tell Obama "I'm gonna eff up all your shit" while Obama is still in office and can try and do something about it?

How about you wait until he is actually sworn in, and then wait till he actually DOES something before you fire up NeverTrump 2.0. Until then be thankfully Hillary isn't lining up the next Everytown movement.

Some of you guys, I swear.

WillBrink
11-12-16, 15:16

Wanna be presidents make grandiose promises they can't possibly keep... So far, what has been proposed for the first 100 days looks very positive and if his admin can accomplish 50% of what he promised during his time, I'd be f-thrilled and he'd be consider a success to other past POTUS of recent past. I'd hope most here realize much (most?) of what he said was theater and not gonna actually happen.

So far, I'm hopeful of what I'm seeing and Trump was not my guy. But, I'd much rather be wrong about him than see the country go to chit just so I can claim I was right he was not the guy for the job.

maximus83
11-12-16, 15:31

That's about where I am. I predicted he would lose, and still not a fan based strictly on his history. But glad to be wrong, considering the alternative. In the end, I held my nose and voted never-Clinton (=Trump) on the idea that the enemy of my even bigger enemy is my friend (for now). We'll see how he does, I wish him well.

Sensei
11-12-16, 16:37
He's not even President yet. Do you not understand this is nothing more than talk at this point?

What's he supposed to do, tell Obama "I'm gonna eff up all your shit" while Obama is still in office and can try and do something about it?

How about you wait until he is actually sworn in, and then wait till he actually DOES something before you fire up NeverTrump 2.0. Until then be thankfully Hillary isn't lining up the next Everytown movement.

Some of you guys, I swear.

I said that I'd withhold judgement until after 100 days in office. I'm sticking to that pledge.

Firefly
11-12-16, 16:46
Please do not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, Mr. Trump.

I just want insurance without meddling, safer borders, and crooks in jail.

All I want.

Dist. Expert 26
11-12-16, 19:52
If it fails, it fails. But let's say there is only a 3% success rate. If you found yourself in some turd world conflict and dinged up, do you really care if the person who comes and gets you and drags your ass to cover has a vag? If ANYONE can fight, wants to fight and can meet the qualifications...put them in. To me it's one more rifle keeping people alive.

I care if the reason I got shot was because of a woman hiding behind a truck instead of shooting back. Or if I couldn't move fast enough because I'm carrying extra gear to make up for what the women can't handle.

The infantry has been a man's world since the beginning of time, and for good reason. It takes an exceptional woman to do the job as well as an average, or even below average, man.

MountainRaven
11-12-16, 20:02
...very soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs

Short version: Trump needs to get key supporters to do what he wants, this means compromising and assisting those key supporters, and this means that he will not be able to push as hard or as fast as some might wish and he might even need to support measures that some Trump supporters do not like.

sevenhelmet
11-12-16, 20:08
I predict folks (probably including some on this board) will be calling Trump a RINO before the inauguration.

Big fan of CGP Grey, BTW. He explains complex things well, and keeps it short and interesting.

Big A
11-12-16, 20:28
I predict folks (probably including some on this board) will be calling Trump a RINO before the inauguration.

Big fan of CGP Grey, BTW. He explains complex things well, and keeps it short and interesting.
Well, since he's been a NY Dem for most of his life he has 4 years to start proving he isn't a RINO.

Honestly though, if he can get the economy going again and people start making money to where they can both spend some on fun stuff as well as save some out of each paycheck then he will have a successful presidency.

SteyrAUG
11-12-16, 20:54
I care if the reason I got shot was because of a woman hiding behind a truck instead of shooting back. Or if I couldn't move fast enough because I'm carrying extra gear to make up for what the women can't handle.

The infantry has been a man's world since the beginning of time, and for good reason. It takes an exceptional woman to do the job as well as an average, or even below average, man.

And absolutely should be equal standards. That should be a given. If you are a fireman (fireperson?), you need to be able to carry the hose. What I'm saying is IF a person can do the job, let them do the job. If anyone hides behind a truck, man or woman, and leaves your ass out in the breeze, they need to go.

And if that means the military remains mostly male and a few exceptional females, then that is how it is. I'm just not willing to tell anyone who wants to fight for their country, and is able to do the job, that no - you're not allowed because you have a vagina. I'll take those women over a bunch of bitches protesting the war any day.

SteyrAUG
11-12-16, 20:55
Well, since he's been a NY Dem for most of his life he has 4 years to start proving he isn't a RINO.

Honestly though, if he can get the economy going again and people start making money to where they can both spend some on fun stuff as well as save some out of each paycheck then he will have a successful presidency.

Would also be nice if he got us off a Cold War posture with Russia as well.

Dist. Expert 26
11-13-16, 10:42
And absolutely should be equal standards. That should be a given. If you are a fireman (fireperson?), you need to be able to carry the hose. What I'm saying is IF a person can do the job, let them do the job. If anyone hides behind a truck, man or woman, and leaves your ass out in the breeze, they need to go.

And if that means the military remains mostly male and a few exceptional females, then that is how it is. I'm just not willing to tell anyone who wants to fight for their country, and is able to do the job, that no - you're not allowed because you have a vagina. I'll take those women over a bunch of bitches protesting the war any day.

I'm not going to derail the thread any further, so let's just agree to disagree.

glocktogo
11-13-16, 12:15

That can happen regardless of sex. I've carried an M16, PRC-77 AND a Stinger missile because my male teammate was dropping. Shit happens.

As for Trump, the left lost because they took every word he said literally, which was stupid. Let's not make the same mistake.

Sensei
11-13-16, 13:39
That can happen regardless of sex. I've carried an M16, PRC-77 AND a Stinger missile because my male teammate was dropping. Shit happens.

As for Trump, the left lost because they took every word he said literally, which was stupid. Let's not make the same mistake.

I think that his point is that shit happens at higher rates the more women that you add to the mix. And I'm cool with that since my days of uniformed service are long over and none of my family will ever participate in this ****ed-up social experiment.

Sensei
11-15-16, 14:01
The latest reports are that Rudy is not going to be AG, but is a front runner for Sec. State. Whatever diplomatic credentials he has to be qualified for that post escape me. Apparently Ambassador John Bolton is also in the running.

I'm also hearing that Ben Carson has turned down HHS Sec. and all other positions with the new administration citing his own lack of experience and being uncomfortable running a large federal agency. This fu<k!ng douche spent TWO YEARS trying to convince people that he was qualified for the highest office in the world, and now realizes he can't even manage one department? I suppose he accomplished his goal of raising his real estate value on the interview and lecture circuit. Now he can go back to pondering the purpose of the Egyptian Pyramids...

skywalkrNCSU
11-15-16, 14:22
I'm also hearing that Ben Carson has turned down HHS Sec. and all other positions with the new administration citing his own lack of experience and being uncomfortable running a large federal agency. This fu<k!ng douche spent TWO YEARS trying to convince people that he was qualified for the highest office in the world, and now realizes he can't even manage one department? I suppose he accomplished his goal of raising his real estate value on the interview and lecture circuit. Now he can go back to pondering the purpose of the Egyptian Pyramids...

That was pretty special, I'm just glad he bowed out if he felt like he couldn't handle it

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-15-16, 14:56
The latest reports are that Rudy is not going to be AG, but is a front runner for Sec. State. Whatever diplomatic credentials he has to be qualified for that post escape me. Apparently Ambassador John Bolton is also in the running.

I think there is a great deal of difference between being a section head and president.

Averageman
11-15-16, 14:58
I think there is a great deal of difference between being a section head and president.

Or Brain Surgery and POTUS.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-15-16, 15:24
Or Brain Surgery and POTUS.

What qualifications does one need then to be president, beyond the legal ones? Highly educated, spent years in a leadership position, etc is not enough? Should they instead have 30 years of public service as the great Hillary Clinton does?

Averageman
11-15-16, 15:31
What qualifications does one need then to be president, beyond the legal ones? Highly educated, spent years in a leadership position, etc is not enough? Should they instead have 30 years of public service as the great Hillary Clinton does?
I would say in the modern era the man going in to office that was the most qualified and perhaps did the greatest job with little or no drama or fan fare was Eisenhower.
Good education, perhaps the greatest decision maker under pressure and even a diplomat of sorts before he considered the Presidency. You're not likely to find that sort of pressure cooker that turns out men like that anymore.
To some degree, I guess we should be happy that we aren't, the other side of that is the men that pressure seems to produce. They don't call them the greatest generation for nothing.

soulezoo
11-15-16, 15:40
Ike played too much golf....

oh wait...

skywalkrNCSU
11-15-16, 15:59
I would say in the modern era the man going in to office that was the most qualified and perhaps did the greatest job with little or no drama or fan fare was Eisenhower.
Good education, perhaps the greatest decision maker under pressure and even a diplomat of sorts before he considered the Presidency. You're not likely to find that sort of pressure cooker that turns out men like that anymore.
To some degree, I guess we should be happy that we aren't, the other side of that is the men that pressure seems to produce. They don't call them the greatest generation for nothing.

One could argue that George HW Bush was one of the most qualified presidents ever. Military veteran, went to a prestigious school, successful business man, was in congress, director of the CIA, Vice President, etc

djegators
11-15-16, 16:09

I am not even sure about the highly educated part....we have had way too many guys with all the right degrees from all the highly esteemed places (W and O come to mind), and it certainly doesn't mean doing a great job.

Sensei
11-15-16, 16:36

Yep. The Secretary of HHS manages about 80,000 employees and oversees a budget of about $100 billion. The President manages 3 million employees and oversees a budget of $3 trillion. Then, there is that whole CIC thing that POTUS must do. The notion that someone is incapable of being a cabinet secretary BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO RUN LARGE ORGANIZATIONS, but is qualified to be president is laughable.

It would be nice if the President has some experience running large complex organizations since that is fundamental to the job description. Carson does not.

Sensei
11-15-16, 16:39
I am not even sure about the highly educated part....we have had way too many guys with all the right degrees from all the highly esteemed places (W and O come to mind), and it certainly doesn't mean doing a great job.

Academic pedigree becomes meaningless when admission and graduation were predicted on skin color and/or family connections.

jpmuscle
11-15-16, 22:23
Thoughts on this Bannon guy?

glocktogo
11-15-16, 23:04

Not sure, but he's got Harry Reid's panties in a bunch, so that's one in the plus column! :)

26 Inf
11-15-16, 23:06
It would be nice if the President has some experience running large complex organizations since that is fundamental to the job description. Carson does not.

I think the most important thing about running a large complex organization/corporation is understanding and remembering that most likely there is someone in accounting that knows more than you will ever know about accounting, and there is a person like that in marketing, in design, in in research, etc.

The biggest thing you can do to make the organization a success is to listen to those people, encourage them, and reward them, generally before you seek any reward for yourself. Make decisions based on their input and give them the credit when your course was a winner, accept responsibility without pointing fingers when it isn't so successful.

Do that and folks will jump on grenades for you.

I'm worried that Trump has not demonstrated many of those qualities in his very public past.

I hope it goes well for all our sakes.

Moose-Knuckle
11-16-16, 04:45
As for Dr. Ben Carson, he posted this yesterday on his FB page.

My decision not to seek a cabinet position in the Trump administration has nothing to do with the complexity of the job as is being reported by some news outlets. I believe it is vitally important for the Trump administration to have many outspoken friends and advisers who are outside of the Washington bubble. It is vital to have independent voices of reason and reconciliation if our nation is to heal and regain its greatness. I will continue to work with the transition team and beyond as we build a dynamite executive branch of government.

https://www.facebook.com/realbencarson/

yoni
11-16-16, 04:57

I read an article yesterday in the Israeli press, they interviewed Jews that either worked for or are friends of Bannon. They clearly stated he was a good guy.

My lawyer and friend said that the problem is he used the alt right to help him on the web page, so the left is painting him with a broad brush.

I am so tired of Jews crying that Trump is anti Semitic. The problem with American Jews, is they never have been faced with real Jew hating bastards . The have never heard, Juden Rause or Itbak El Yehud.

They have never been in a Pali town, facing a mob that if they get what they want they will hang your guts from the telephone polls. But then at the same time you have to worry about if your own government will throw your ass in jail because you may have defended your life at a time that was politically sensitive.

djegators
11-16-16, 05:36
Academic pedigree becomes meaningless when admission and graduation were predicted on skin color and/or family connections.

And the fact that higher education is basically leftist seminaries.

Averageman
11-16-16, 06:05
Ted Cruz was seen entering Trump Towers this morning.

djegators
11-16-16, 07:52
I would much rather have Cruz in a SCOTUS seat than any cabinet position.

skywalkrNCSU
11-16-16, 08:46
Talking about Cruz for AG

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-11-16/ted-cruz-said-to-be-considered-by-trump-for-attorney-general

horseman234
11-16-16, 08:50
Here's an excellent interview of Bannon:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/this-is-how-steve-bannon-sees-the-entire-world?utm_term=.hmNlxmJdm#.vlk0ZNd3N

ABNAK
11-16-16, 13:41
Talking about Cruz for AG

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-11-16/ted-cruz-said-to-be-considered-by-trump-for-attorney-general

WTF? Gowdy for AG, Cruz for SCOTUS!

chuckman
11-16-16, 14:24
Word on the street is Cruz wasn't interested in SCOTUS.

ABNAK
11-16-16, 14:38

That's a shame. I still think Gowdy is the MAN for AG though.

chuckman
11-16-16, 14:46
That's a shame. I still think Gowdy is the MAN for AG though.

Agreed, and agreed. I have heard Kris Kobach for AG. I don't much about him, I know he is very much in Trump's camp regarding immigration.

I have also heard Randy Forbes for SECNAV, which is an outstanding choice.

ABNAK
11-16-16, 17:48
Alan West for SecDef all day long.

djegators
11-16-16, 18:56

Who knows....if there is one thing that has been brought to light this year is the amazing unbelievability of MSM and their "sources."

Waylander
11-16-16, 20:17
Cruz likes to litigate and is good at it. He's taught classes in SCOTUS litigation. I doubt he would want to be on the other side of the bench. I think he will be the new AG.

jpmuscle
11-16-16, 20:50
I read an article yesterday in the Israeli press, they interviewed Jews that either worked for or are friends of Bannon. They clearly stated he was a good guy.

My lawyer and friend said that the problem is he used the alt right to help him on the web page, so the left is painting him with a broad brush.

I am so tired of Jews crying that Trump is anti Semitic. The problem with American Jews, is they never have been faced with real Jew hating bastards . The have never heard, Juden Rause or Itbak El Yehud.

They have never been in a Pali town, facing a mob that if they get what they want they will hang your guts from the telephone polls. But then at the same time you have to worry about if your own government will throw your ass in jail because you may have defended your life at a time that was politically sensitive.
Link to referenced article possibly?

26 Inf
11-16-16, 23:17
Agreed, and agreed. I have heard Kris Kobach for AG. I don't much about him, I know he is very much in Trump's camp regarding immigration.

I have also heard Randy Forbes for SECNAV, which is an outstanding choice.

I think Kobach would be a poor choice, largely because I think he has ties to White Nationalist Groups. The groups he is associated with may have plausible deniability regarding their racist views, but it will be stirring the pot of unrest many feel toward a Trump Administration. There are other candidates which potentially would not cause turmoil over their appointment.

I don't personally care for the way the guy does business, but he does have an impressive academic pedigree. Not much, if any prosecutoral experience. His actions as Ks Secretary of State have often been litigated against and overturned, as have much of the immigration legislation he has authored for communities and states.

Succinctly, I don't care for the guy because as the elected Kansas Secretary of State he has engaged in partisan political actions which have hindered voting rights and the election process.

boltcatch
11-16-16, 23:28

They're not painting with a broad brush, they're just flat out lying.

The whole alt-right thing started as a manufactured smear in the first place; the only reason it's still around it because some people/outlets mockingly adopted it as a title.

djegators
11-17-16, 07:39
They're not painting with a broad brush, they're just flat out lying.

The whole alt-right thing started as a manufactured smear in the first place; the only reason it's still around it because some people/outlets mockingly adopted it as a title.

BINGO

chuckman
11-17-16, 07:56
I think Kobach would be a poor choice, largely because I think he has ties to White Nationalist Groups. The groups he is associated with may have plausible deniability regarding their racist views, but it will be stirring the pot of unrest many feel toward a Trump Administration. There are other candidates which potentially would not cause turmoil over their appointment.

I don't personally care for the way the guy does business, but he does have an impressive academic pedigree. Not much, if any prosecutoral experience. His actions as Ks Secretary of State have often been litigated against and overturned, as have much of the immigration legislation he has authored for communities and states.

Succinctly, I don't care for the guy because as the elected Kansas Secretary of State he has engaged in partisan political actions which have hindered voting rights and the election process.

Thanks for the info. I don't know anything about Kobach. He doesn't sound like a great fit.

Would like to see Jim Webb get SECDEF, or another defense position. it's time to load the Pentagon with military-friendly people.

brickboy240
11-17-16, 10:43
Attorney General Ted Cruz.

I am really liking the sound of that!

ABNAK
11-17-16, 14:31
Thanks for the info. I don't know anything about Kobach. He doesn't sound like a great fit.

Would like to see Jim Webb get SECDEF, or another defense position. it's time to load the Pentagon with military-friendly people.

Nah, give it to a loyal Republican like Alan West.

jpmuscle
11-17-16, 14:41
Dafuq?

http://drudgetoday.com/v2/r?n=1&s=2&c=1&pn=Anonymous&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnbc.com%2F2016%2F11%2F17%2Fromney-and-trump-to-discuss-secretary-of-state-position-nbc-source-says.html

tb-av
11-17-16, 15:02

The thing I don't like about Webb is that he is a Virginia Democrat. So if he holds high office and does well, then the next election he will endorse someone on the other side or even run again.

Tim Kaine just announced he will never run again looks forward to a long life in the Senate.

I wish Webb would just switch parties. Hell, I wish he would run against Kaine for his Senate seat. At least he's pro 2A.

tb-av
11-17-16, 15:06
Dafuq?

http://drudgetoday.com/v2/r?n=1&s=2&c=1&pn=Anonymous&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnbc.com%2F2016%2F11%2F17%2Fromney-and-trump-to-discuss-secretary-of-state-position-nbc-source-says.html

How about a double dafug? ---- http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-considering-sc-gov-nikki-haley-for-secretary-of-state-reports/ar-AAkoOu6?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Mitt Romney or Nikki Haley ??? what? --- Is the Sec of State sort of a position of punishment?

djegators
11-17-16, 15:09
How about a double dafug? ---- http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-considering-sc-gov-nikki-haley-for-secretary-of-state-reports/ar-AAkoOu6?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Mitt Romney or Nikki Haley ??? what? --- Is the Sec of State sort of a position of punishment?

Let's just wait and see, and not freak out about news reports from the same outlets that have been wrong about everything.

tb-av
11-17-16, 15:09
Attorney General Ted Cruz.

I am really liking the sound of that!

That would be interesting.

jpmuscle
11-17-16, 15:11
Let's just wait and see, and not freak out about news reports from the same outlets that have been wrong about everything.
Good point. Names get leaked for a myriad of reasons to test the waters so I guess we'll see.

BuzzinSATX
11-17-16, 18:14
Good point. Names get leaked for a myriad of reasons to test the waters so I guess we'll see.

I've heard on the news from several folks in the Trump transition team that "people who talk don't know and people who know don't talk", so I think the folks saying "Cruz for X and Romney for Y" are speculating.

If I was thinking Romney would go anywhere in the Trump admin, I would guess Sec of Treasury first based on his business background.

And Nikki Haley is a possibility for HHS or Dept of Education.

Again, just speculation.

Regardless who gets what, I bet Trump lets loose names in a flurry, releasing several at a time. I don't see him trickling the info out...he will release it with flamboyance...just his style.

Waylander
11-17-16, 18:40
Rand Paul defends Bannon.

The Hill reports:

“Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is defending Stephen Bannon’s prominent role in the Donald Trump White House, urging people to give the former Breitbart News executive a chance.

Bannon’s appointment to serve as President-elect Trump’s chief strategist has been met with harsh criticism from Democrats. Republicans have rushed to Bannon’s defense to counter the characterization of him as a white nationalist.

*“I’ve met him. I don’t think he’s a caricature of any of these horrible things the left is bringing out about him,” Paul told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer in a Tuesday interview.

“I don’t believe him to be a racist,” he continued. “I think that’s a lot of just sour grapes. Let’s give the guy a chance; let’s see how he performs.”

ABNAK
11-17-16, 19:17

The Hill reports:

“Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is defending Stephen Bannon’s prominent role in the Donald Trump White House, urging people to give the former Breitbart News executive a chance.

Bannon’s appointment to serve as President-elect Trump’s chief strategist has been met with harsh criticism from Democrats. Republicans have rushed to Bannon’s defense to counter the characterization of him as a white nationalist.

*“I’ve met him. I don’t think he’s a caricature of any of these horrible things the left is bringing out about him,” Paul told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer in a Tuesday interview.

“I don’t believe him to be a racist,” he continued. “I think that’s a lot of just sour grapes. Let’s give the guy a chance; let’s see how he performs.”

The libtards sling the "racist" term around like it is all-encompassing of everyone who merely opposes them. F**k them.

Of course Obama can have Vann Jones in his administration, the racist black socialist. Yeah, that's just peachy.......

glocktogo
11-17-16, 19:23
The left is very good at saying very bad things about anyone who disagrees with them. Case in point, Harry Reid.

Firefly
11-17-16, 19:28
At the end of the day.....

FIDO

tb-av
11-17-16, 20:23

Oh, I'm not freaking out, I'm thinking Trump has called them to say... look, you turned your back on the family, but I'm going to forgive you,,,, however, one day the family may call on you for a favor, type deal.

It's one thing when a competitor trash talks you. Neither of them were in the running. ... and speaking of bizarre... How about the relationship between Christie and Trump's SIL. Man their story sounds like something out of a movie.

tb-av
11-17-16, 20:26

I guess everyone on the left thought Valerie Jarrett was a little angel.

Waylander
11-18-16, 00:09
They think by repeating lies over and over they will eventually be accepted as truth. They're grasping at straws as usual.

I think it speaks volumes that Rand Paul went on CNN to vouch for the man. I know Paul and Trump have plenty of differences but I think it would be good for Trump to find a cabinet position for him if Paul would accept it.

Moose-Knuckle
11-18-16, 03:15
The Breitbart UK editor Milo, is gay and Jewish. He has pinned an article stating that his entire career is thanks to Bannon.

The fourth estate is attempting to paint Bannon as a homophobic antisemite. No surprise as they do that to anyone they don't like that is not on the left.

Firefly
11-18-16, 04:38
The Breitbart UK editor Milo, is gay and Jewish. He has pinned an article stating that his entire career is thanks to Bannon.

The fourth estate is attempting to paint Bannon as a homophobic antisemite. No surprise as they do that to anyone they don't like that is not on the left.

Milo 'doesn't count' because his opinions are 'wrong'. If you aren't in the cult you are wrong. It's like that movie Freaks

Moose-Knuckle
11-18-16, 04:42
Milo 'doesn't count' because his opinions are 'wrong'. If you aren't in the cult you are wrong. It's like that movie Freaks

Oh I know.

His "gayness" is even questioned by the "tolerant" leftards. Isn't that homophobic lol?

Hell, there are "conservatives" on here who label him and Breitbart as tinfoil, conspiracy theory, etc.

chuckman
11-18-16, 07:52
Jeff Sessions for AG, Mike Pompeo for CIA. Both very conservative, both former Army officers. The Sessions pick makes sense; the Pompeo one does not, except that he has supported the NSA surveillance programs.

chuckman
11-18-16, 07:55
The thing I don't like about Webb is that he is a Virginia Democrat. So if he holds high office and does well, then the next election he will endorse someone on the other side or even run again.

I wish Webb would just switch parties. Hell, I wish he would run against Kaine for his Senate seat. At least he's pro 2A.

I like Webb. Always have, even if he is a "D". But I agree, I would like him more if he switched parties.

Moose-Knuckle
11-19-16, 05:36
SECDEF "Mad Dog" Mattis, man I like the sound of that!

Donald Trump Considering Retired General James Mattis for Defense Chief
http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-considering-retired-general-james-mattis-for-defense-chief-1479502633

Wake27
11-19-16, 11:15

Donald Trump Considering Retired General James Mattis for Defense Chief
http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-considering-retired-general-james-mattis-for-defense-chief-1479502633

I'm trying very hard not to get my hopes up for that one.

ralph
11-19-16, 17:33
The left is very good at saying very bad things about anyone who disagrees with them. Case in point, Harry Reid.

It's all they have left..Cankels did'nt get elected, in fact her policys were rejected, After 8 years, shit- stain's rein of terror is now down to just a few weeks, Over the last 8 yrs using the term "racist" has worked well, especially with a black president saying it. Those days are over. I don't think it's dawned on them yet, just how irrelevant they are about to become..

skydivr
11-21-16, 16:12
The nice part about a tyrant using "a phone and a pen" is that it can be undone just as quickly/easily. Harry Reid frogged the dog when he went full 'nuclear' and changed the senate rules, it's now about to come back and haunt him...

WillBrink
11-21-16, 18:15

Do you have a good article on Mattis? I don't know that much about him and would like to get more intel on the man.

ABNAK
11-21-16, 18:21
The nice part about a tyrant using "a phone and a pen" is that it can be undone just as quickly/easily. Harry Reid frogged the dog when he went full 'nuclear' and changed the senate rules, it's now about to come back and haunt him...

I have my doubts the GOPe has the balls to do it. Precedent has been set by the Dems but we all know the "Moral High Road" the RINO's try to take. "Elections have consequences" comes to mind. It's our turn now, eat it bitches.

platoonDaddy
11-21-16, 18:25
Trump releases transition message, by passing state run media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xX_KaStFT8

ABNAK
11-21-16, 18:36
Trump releases transition message, by passing state run media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xX_KaStFT8

Not bad. I've heard worse from others. Hope he keeps his word.

djegators
11-21-16, 18:37
BWAHAHAHA

Donald Trump’s media summit was a ‘f—ing firing squad’

“Trump started with [CNN chief] Jeff Zucker and said ‘I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed,’ ” the source said.

“The meeting was a total disaster. The TV execs and anchors went in there thinking they would be discussing the access they would get to the Trump administration, but instead they got a Trump-style dressing down,” the source added.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/21/donald-trumps-media-summit-was-a-f-ing-firing-squad/

Firefly
11-21-16, 18:40
The only issue I have with that video is that God Emperor Trump did not mention cash and carry suppressors, free CMP M16A1s for people's birthdays, and when my free fat chick arrives in the mail.

Eurodriver
11-21-16, 19:14
The only issue I have with that video is that God Emperor Trump did not mention cash and carry suppressors, free CMP M16A1s for people's birthdays, and when my free fat chick arrives in the mail.

Fo sho.

But I think it's best to not make a big issue about those things though. At least not yet. Trump was not elected to overturn gun bans. Most Americans would be like wait what silencers are for sale at Dicks now?!?!

Just do that shit on the DL. Look how far suppressors have come in just 5-10 years.

Dist. Expert 26
11-21-16, 19:44
^^^ what he said ^^^

The less outside attention we draw to ourselves, the more rights we can reclaim. Then sit back and sip the liberal tears once everything is said and done.

Firefly
11-21-16, 19:53
I guess you have a point. I hate to sound like a horny kid on prom night, but for the first time in my adult life, I feel like a horny kid on prom night about an election result

soulezoo
11-21-16, 22:34
Article on Fox News regarding gun sales slowing, specifically mentioned that Trump was going to "do away with the special tax on silencers".
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/21/trumps-pro-second-amendment-platform-could-end-gun-sales-boom.html

SeriousStudent
11-21-16, 22:57
^^^ what he said ^^^

The less outside attention we draw to ourselves, the more rights we can reclaim. Then sit back and sip the liberal tears once everything is said and done.

Indeed. Kek has willed it.

jpmuscle
11-22-16, 00:24
Article on Fox News regarding gun sales slowing, specifically mentioned that Trump was going to "do away with the special tax on silencers".
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/21/trumps-pro-second-amendment-platform-could-end-gun-sales-boom.html
Good good my pretty... More for me.

A run on cans would suck. But I'd still weep tears of freedom.