PDA

View Full Version : Value of an original Colt AR15A2 Gov't Model RIFLE?

Rmplstlskn
01-26-09, 18:25
Just wondering what the Obama-nation buying frenzy is doing to the value...

Specs:
Original Colt 6550 (AR15 A2 Gov't Model) Rifle, not Carbine.
Low serial number (GS0019xx)
Slab side, A2, all the evil features. No sear block.

In PRISTINE condition... no box.

So what do you think it would sell for?

It is a safe queen and I am pondering another purchase that I actually shoot...

Rmpl

scottryan
01-26-09, 21:21
I'd start out at $1500 to $1800

Rmplstlskn
01-26-09, 21:27
I'd start out at $1500 to $1800

Are you thinking of the correct model? Not many 6550 RIFLES out there for sale... Lots of CARBINES though. Matter of fact, I have found NONE for sale going back three months search... I was thinking $2000 or more...

Robert

EvilSpeculator556
01-27-09, 10:43
If it is a slab side I would say you may be a little overpriced. However with an anti gun administration it may soon be priceless.

pah151
01-27-09, 12:02
The value of a R6550 depends on several factors. First, there are 5 versions of the R6550. The first version is a AR15-A2 Sporter II with 800m sights. This version is fairly scarce as compared to most of the other versions. The second version is the AR15-A2 Government Model with a bayo lug. (most common) The third version is the AR15-A2 Government Model with out a bayo lug. (later models before the Sporter Target model) The fourth version is the R6550K which is the same as version 2 except that is came with a .22lr kit included with the rifle. The fifth version of the 6550 and most scarce is the R6550CC-Z. This model has a tiger-stripe coating (from the factory) and comes with a camo carrying case. All models are slabsides. The average price for version 2 should be some where around $1400 depending on condition. The CC-Z version is about $2500. The others range anywhere between $1400 and $1800 depending on condition.

scottryan
01-27-09, 15:14
Are you thinking of the correct model? Not many 6550 RIFLES out there for sale... Lots of CARBINES though. Matter of fact, I have found NONE for sale going back three months search... I was thinking $2000 or more...

Robert

I'm well aware of what model it is.

A used Colt with no box and slabside lower is not that desirable.

Jay Cunningham
01-27-09, 15:17

Robert

:cool:

Despite whatever else anyone might think of scottryan, I think he has his Colt model numbers down pretty good...

:D

eflatlander
01-27-09, 16:15
A little off subject but I picked up a SP1 the other day ser# range sp1819xxx no forward assist but bolt has cuts for one??
Thanks for any info!

kluxman45
08-29-10, 21:24
The value of a R6550 depends on several factors. First, there are 5 versions of the R6550. The first version is a AR15-A2 Sporter II with 800m sights. This version is fairly scarce as compared to most of the other versions. The second version is the AR15-A2 Government Model with a bayo lug. (most common) The third version is the AR15-A2 Government Model with out a bayo lug. (later models before the Sporter Target model) The fourth version is the R6550K which is the same as version 2 except that is came with a .22lr kit included with the rifle. The fifth version of the 6550 and most scarce is the R6550CC-Z. This model has a tiger-stripe coating (from the factory) and comes with a camo carrying case. All models are slabsides. The average price for version 2 should be some where around $1400 depending on condition. The CC-Z version is about $2500. The others range anywhere between $1400 and $1800 depending on condition. not version 2 its version 3.i have one with green label box and 22 conversion and its for sale.22conversion has never been opened.

djegators
08-29-10, 21:41
Generally speaking, the AR market is rather soft right now. I did have good luck earlier this year selling some pre-ban ARs, including a Colt HBAR, to buyers in ban states. Made some profit off of both.

kluxman45
08-30-10, 13:14
theres a lot of gun shops here in nebr. that would buythis but you know how it goes,thet ll give ya half what its worth.ya know i reallydont know what its really worth.what would you be asking for this rifle.its a colt goverent model a-2 6550 with out the lug.it has the green label box,cleaning rods in plastic inside of stock,manual,sling and plastic base platefor scope in plastic bag.22 conversion also in the arigenal wrapper that has never been opened.just wondering what i should stick at for price.ya cant find these on the comp.no more.or any where else.the box is still in great shape and people told me the box alone is gold.apply appreciated steve.

ryanm
08-30-10, 13:38
I bought the third version last year without a box for 1600 in like new condition. I have gunbroker searches for this model that e-mail me whenever they pop-up. They are very hard to find in like new condition. I saw a 6550K like new with box for 2999 last year (and it sold in 2 days). Your almost better off buying a Delta HBAR for that kind of investment.

kluxman45
08-30-10, 13:52
ya ,but mines like new too.i onlyshot a few boxes of shells through it.bought it in 02.i should of waited.i wanted one with the sear block cause it was a pre ban,figured it would hold its value.i think i gave like 1800 for it then.i have all the print outs on the comp when this gun shop had it for sale new.plus i kept my reciept.but it shouldnt go down in the years to come.i never shoot it.im shooting a remington mil spec 5r 308 heavy barrel rifle with a night force bench rest scope.i had a zeiss on it now im putting on the night force.i just didnt care for the conquest.4x14.seemed like the bolt hit the side of scope and rubber eye peice.i like to shoot paper 200 100 yrds justto see how close i can cut bulletholes.right now being a new rifle at 100 yards off a lead sled its not to good.1 moa with factory black hills 175 match.maybe with the night force 8x32x56 i can see my bullet holes better.plus i ll get the barrel broke in better.ill reload for it later.any ideas on this rifle.they told me its scaryaccurate right out of the box.sure wasnt with the conquest scope. inch orange target,quarterblack mark in target,shots were 1 oclock second one was 11 oclock third dead center.center to center was around a inch.this was with only around 10 bulletts shot out of it.

rychencop
08-30-10, 15:18
without pics? $200

kluxman45
08-30-10, 16:59
with out pics? 200 bucks,what do you wanna buy the box?id sell it but un till then ill get pics.you ll find out since ya seem like ya dont know what it is that it will look just like all the others and just like i explained it on the upper post.