Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value of an original Colt AR15A2 Gov't Model RIFLE?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Value of an original Colt AR15A2 Gov't Model RIFLE?

Just wondering what the Obama-nation buying frenzy is doing to the value...

Specs:
    Original Colt 6550 (AR15 A2 Gov't Model) Rifle, not Carbine.
    Low serial number (GS0019xx)
    Slab side, A2, all the evil features. No sear block.

In PRISTINE condition... no box.

So what do you think it would sell for?

It is a safe queen and I am pondering another purchase that I actually shoot...

Rmpl
    Last edited by Rmplstlskn; 01-26-09 at 18:27.
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'd start out at $1500 to $1800
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I'd start out at $1500 to $1800
    Are you thinking of the correct model? Not many 6550 RIFLES out there for sale... Lots of CARBINES though. Matter of fact, I have found NONE for sale going back three months search... I was thinking $2000 or more...

Robert
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Feedback Score
    If it is a slab side I would say you may be a little overpriced. However with an anti gun administration it may soon be priceless.
    Last edited by EvilSpeculator556; 01-27-09 at 10:46.

Feedback Score
    The value of a R6550 depends on several factors. First, there are 5 versions of the R6550. The first version is a AR15-A2 Sporter II with 800m sights. This version is fairly scarce as compared to most of the other versions. The second version is the AR15-A2 Government Model with a bayo lug. (most common) The third version is the AR15-A2 Government Model with out a bayo lug. (later models before the Sporter Target model) The fourth version is the R6550K which is the same as version 2 except that is came with a .22lr kit included with the rifle. The fifth version of the 6550 and most scarce is the R6550CC-Z. This model has a tiger-stripe coating (from the factory) and comes with a camo carrying case. All models are slabsides. The average price for version 2 should be some where around $1400 depending on condition. The CC-Z version is about $2500. The others range anywhere between $1400 and $1800 depending on condition.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmplstlskn View Post
    Are you thinking of the correct model? Not many 6550 RIFLES out there for sale... Lots of CARBINES though. Matter of fact, I have found NONE for sale going back three months search... I was thinking $2000 or more...

Robert

I'm well aware of what model it is.

A used Colt with no box and slabside lower is not that desirable.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmplstlskn View Post

Robert

Despite whatever else anyone might think of scottryan, I think he has his Colt model numbers down pretty good...

Feedback Score
    16 (94%)

sp1

A little off subject but I picked up a SP1 the other day ser# range sp1819xxx no forward assist but bolt has cuts for one??
    Thanks for any info!

Feedback Score

Wink version 3

Quote Originally Posted by pah151 View Post
    The value of a R6550 depends on several factors. First, there are 5 versions of the R6550. The first version is a AR15-A2 Sporter II with 800m sights. This version is fairly scarce as compared to most of the other versions. The second version is the AR15-A2 Government Model with a bayo lug. (most common) The third version is the AR15-A2 Government Model with out a bayo lug. (later models before the Sporter Target model) The fourth version is the R6550K which is the same as version 2 except that is came with a .22lr kit included with the rifle. The fifth version of the 6550 and most scarce is the R6550CC-Z. This model has a tiger-stripe coating (from the factory) and comes with a camo carrying case. All models are slabsides. The average price for version 2 should be some where around $1400 depending on condition. The CC-Z version is about $2500. The others range anywhere between $1400 and $1800 depending on condition.
    not version 2 its version 3.i have one with green label box and 22 conversion and its for sale.22conversion has never been opened.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Generally speaking, the AR market is rather soft right now. I did have good luck earlier this year selling some pre-ban ARs, including a Colt HBAR, to buyers in ban states. Made some profit off of both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast