PDA

View Full Version : NEW: Centurion Arms Free Float Rail System...

Pages : [1] 2 3

SMGLee
01-29-10, 00:32
This is Centurion Arms Free Float Rail System, build in house by the good people there.

The extruded rail system weights ion at a mere 8.5oz and it is onle of the lightest and one of the more rigid rail on the market with a price that can not be beat....

this prototype rail system will be available soon...price and ETA please contact Centurion Arms.

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/clt2/huge/P1020438.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/clt2/huge/P1020399.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/clt2/huge/P1020437.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/clt2/huge/P1020392.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/clt2/huge/P1020394.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/clt2/huge/P1020397.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/clt2/huge/P1020406.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/clt2/huge/P1020408.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/clt2/huge/P1020424.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/clt2/huge/P1020418.JPG

SPDGG
01-29-10, 00:37
Thank you for posting the pics & preview "SMGLee". These look LIGHT :D

Will there be any longer length models?

SWATcop556
01-29-10, 00:40
Looks like DD and Troy rolled into one. I like it. Especially the weight.

Mark71
01-29-10, 00:59
Looks good! Curious about the price and what other sizes will be available.

Col_Crocs
01-29-10, 03:25
Just what Ive been waiting for. :) Ive been trying to dig up info on these since the SHOT Colt pics came out.
Looks absolutely awesome and I really like how light it is. Glad to see it mounts directly on standard barrel nuts.
When are these set to come out and what length options?

HeavyDuty
01-29-10, 07:42
Nice design, especially how the rail integrates with the stock barrel nut!

CaptainDooley
01-29-10, 08:00
I'd be interested in a 9-12" with the carbine length FSB cutout...

Jay Cunningham
01-29-10, 08:05
Nice, clean rail.

Al U. 5811
01-29-10, 10:09
That looks like another great option. Monty and Co. have really got there shit together.

With all the poo thrown at the ACR at shot this year, it really took alot of attention away from all the excellent offerings from other companies and dealers. I'm going to continue to stay broke in 2010.

eternal24k
01-29-10, 10:09
looks good, would hope for a QD mount, but other than that, i like it

geminidglocker
01-29-10, 10:21
Very nice. I really like the design. 8.5oz is pretty sweet too. Might have to get one of those 16in. "Pencil Bbls" and consider doing a lightweight build. I'll definitly be keeping an eye on this.:)

grinch
01-29-10, 10:51
Guy,

Thank you for the kind words. There will be a few changes for the production rail it will have Q.D. sling swivels on each side and the rail cut outs in the front to allow the use of the knights rail panels. This is a prototype we did from sold billet and the production rail should be a little lighter as well. The next two sizes should be a 10in and a 12in from there we will go into doing 9in and versions with front sight post cut out.

I'm considering starting a pre-order deal on my website with a special price to get things moving. What do ya think?

Thanks
Monty

spamsammich
01-29-10, 10:53
I think I need to start saving for a new upper. and I thought I was done building rifles.

CaptainDooley
01-29-10, 10:59
Just so I make sure I actually know what I'm looking at - this is a 2-piece free-float that attaches to the standard barrel nut, without the Delta-ring, right? Or am I seeing this wrong?

If that's the case, I'd consider a pre-order, especially with some special pricing thrown in...

C4IGrant
01-29-10, 11:13
Guy,

Thank you for the kind words. There will be a few changes for the production rail it will have Q.D. sling swivels on each side and the rail cut outs in the front to allow the use of the knights rail panels. This is a prototype we did from sold billet and the production rail should be a little lighter as well. The next two sizes should be a 10in and a 12in from there we will go into doing 9in and versions with front sight post cut out.

I'm considering starting a pre-order deal on my website with a special price to get things moving. What do ya think?

Thanks
Monty

Good to meet you at Shot Monty!

Your rails look good as well.

C4

rob_s
01-29-10, 11:57
Looks good, and I am interested in trying one.

I do hate when there are posts about FF systems that attempt to measure durability, strength, rigidity, etc. If you don't have empirical data about this, don't post it.

Also, while the rail pictured may weigh in at 8.5 oz you have to add 2 oz. for the barrel nut which remains which means that it is actually about middle of the road in terms of weight, as pictured. To compare apples:apples this weighs 10.5 oz to the DD Omega 7.0 at 10.28 oz.

kwelz
01-29-10, 12:42
Nice. 12-13 inch version please though. :D

SMGLee
01-29-10, 13:00
I think I need to start saving for a new upper. and I thought I was done building rifles.

Centurion Arms are also one of the few companies that offer a hammer forged barrel build from the FN machine. so if you want an upper, this might be a good chance to get one build with their barrel and rail...:)

Looks good, and I am interested in trying one.

I do hate when there are posts about FF systems that attempt to measure durability, strength, rigidity, etc. If you don't have empirical data about this, don't post it.

Also, while the rail pictured may weigh in at 8.5 oz you have to add 2 oz. for the barrel nut which remains which means that it is actually about middle of the road in terms of weight, as pictured. To compare apples:apples this weighs 10.5 oz to the DD Omega 7.0 at 10.28 oz.

Taking a knock at my post? :D

The weight is based on a prototype rail, so more weight savings will be forth coming.

With the barrel nut included, the CA rail should be lighter than the Omega in production form.

rob_s
01-29-10, 13:04
No knock, I just don't like unsubstantiated marketing hype. Out of curiosity, what is it that led you to use the phrase "most rigid rail on the market"? Compared to what other products, and how did you arrive at this conclusion?

While we're at it, do you have the overall width and height.

RancidSumo
01-29-10, 13:11
No knock, I just don't like unsubstantiated marketing hype. Out of curiosity, what is it that led you to use the phrase "most rigid rail on the market"? Compared to what other products, and how did you arrive at this conclusion?

While we're at it, do you have the overall width and height.

I believe that was meant to be included under "one of the most". Something just got lost in the reading/writing.

SMGLee
01-29-10, 13:14
no measurement as to the height and width..

One of the more rigid...not the most rigid...my bad as to the typo...

as far as knock.. come on, we both know it was a knock on my popst so admit it.. but you are right, my mistake as to the typo...:) I will be more careful as to how fast I type...

SPDGG
01-29-10, 14:39
Guy,

Thanks
Monty NICE !!! :D, Sounds like a Great Deal to me. Please keep us posted. Thanks.

eternal24k
01-29-10, 14:43
Guy,

Thanks
Monty

1) awesome
2) sweet
3) win
4) hells yeah :D

tsconver
01-29-10, 14:53
Guy,

Thanks
Monty

I am interested, especially if it means I do not have to have to remove the barrel to install it.

Does it fit over the standard handgaurd delta ring? Or do you have to remove pieces which means you would need to remove the FSB and remove the un-used pieces from the standard handgaurd?

LAWMENS
01-29-10, 14:55
SMGLee

Personally I say you go ahead and make your posts how ever you like. I personally like and own stuff from Centurion. Also according to every other rail maker out there, they all have the lightest, most rigid, durable, answer to all things rails out there. So what does one more hurt.

rob_s
01-29-10, 14:59
Also according to every other rail maker out there, they all have the lightest, most rigid, durable, answer to all things rails out there.
that's kind of exactly my point.

and obviously he can make a post however he wants, and I can follow up with pointing out how silly it sounds.

and despite whatever paranoia leads to beliefs otherwise, it's nothing personal against him or the company. I said I like the look of the thing for crying out loud.

LAWMENS
01-29-10, 15:08
Ok I wasn't trying to stir the post or make anybody the enemy. I also agree with the point of calling people on the statements made, but if you're going to call every person on all the silly statements made then you're going to have your hands more then full on ARfcom alone. :D But in the end it doesn't really matter. Either way another good product is going to be released into the AR market and everybody benefits from it.

SMGLee
01-29-10, 16:01
I am interested, especially if it means I do not have to have to remove the barrel to install it.

Does it fit over the standard handgaurd delta ring? Or do you have to remove pieces which means you would need to remove the FSB and remove the un-used pieces from the standard handgaurd?

You will have to remove the delta ring and the leaf spring behind it. It is two simple and easy cuts with a dremel, you could even do it with a hacksaw.

The rail locks into the existig barrel nut.

Slippers
01-29-10, 16:16
I kind of wish it didn't leave the barrel nut exposed with the slits. Otherwise, very cool.

Cagemonkey
01-29-10, 16:19
You will have to remove the delta ring and the leaf spring behind it. It is two simple and easy cuts with a dremel, you could even do it with a hacksaw.

The rail locks into the existig barrel nut.It also looks like you have to remove the handguard retaining cup. Would you have to remove the FSB or can you cut it off without damage to the FSB?

RogerinTPA
01-29-10, 17:57
Those are very nice looking rails. I'm looking forward to the production models. Hopefully, the dimensions can be posted, in relation to other similiar rails out there, then added to a comparison "chart" for rails.

scottryan
01-29-10, 18:01

The rail locks into the existig barrel nut.

The FSB must be removed to remove the handguard cap so this point of yours is moot.

BiggLee71
01-29-10, 18:18
Lee, you also stated the rail was made out of "un-obtainium". care to elaborate??? J/K,LOL:D.

The rail looks good. I'm sure Monty makes a product that will fit the requirements of "end-users". Especially the "real" end-users like himself and his brothers. Grinch and Lee, keep all of us up to date with production changes, pre-order lists and the like. thanks, Lee

notorious_ar15
01-29-10, 18:58
Would this be considered a true free floating rail design, or does it give up something to the 1-piece designs like LaRue or DD?

bluedog
01-29-10, 18:58
Lee, you also stated the rail was made out of "un-obtainium". care to elaborate??? J/K,LOL:D.

The rail looks good. I'm sure Monty makes a product that will fit the requirements of "end-users". Especially the "real" end-users like himself and his brothers. Grinch and Lee, keep all of us up to date with production changes, pre-order lists and the like. thanks, Lee

Could be a ceramic alloy. :cool:

SMGLee
01-29-10, 19:07
The FSB must be removed to remove the handguard cap so this point of yours is moot.

Thank you....!

joe-bananas
01-29-10, 19:27
Thank you....!

You can always dremel off the front sight post. It's not fun, but it is do-able.

Nice photos, SMGLee. Interesting design. Exposed barrel nut indexes are, well, interesting.

tsconver
01-29-10, 21:40
You can always dremel off the front sight post. It's not fun, but it is do-able.

Nice photos, SMGLee. Interesting design. Exposed barrel nut indexes are, well, interesting.

could you just cut that front ring off as well just like the delta ring?

grinch
01-29-10, 23:17
Well we may do a version with a recessed cut in the front so you don't have to remove the handguard cap in the front do you just have to cut the delta right off and install.

SMGLee
01-31-10, 01:04
This is NOT a scientific test, but interesting none the less......

After a 210 rounds full auto dump, I stood on the forward grip to see if I can make the rail itself rotate off its centering tabs. you can actually see the VFG start to bend after I started to apply pressure to it.

here is the video posted on youtube.

Link to Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQWWQiXD1dg)

210 rounds full auto dump heat test (http://www.youtube.com/user/CenturionArmsLLC#p/a/u/1/p5T8hz632zE)

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/clt2/huge/P1040264.jpg

justin_247
01-31-10, 04:47
Looks like a *really* stable rail platform. How does it compare to a DD Lite or LaRue?

Any reason not to mount an optic on a rail this stable?

mark5pt56
01-31-10, 04:55
Looks like a *really* stable rail platform. How does it compare to a DD Lite or LaRue?

Any reason not to mount an optic on a rail this stable?

After the test and even before, I would say so. Just avoid bridging the upper and rail, never a good idea regardless of who makes it. I may look into this in a middy format for my next 6.8 build.

wingo
01-31-10, 20:37
I like this concept, maybe the use of the stock barrel nut will keep down the cost on this rail. Any Idea on on Height/With yet. Looks great that you have cuts for the barrel nut, keep the heat down, rail narrow. Might wrap my new HF LW Centurion barrel in one of these.

RAM Engineer
02-02-10, 17:42
12.0 FSP/MRE style rail, please!

And make Colt Tactical use it on a 6920 ;)

grinch
02-03-10, 09:20
We were working on keeping it as slim as possible with this mounting method I'll get some measurements up for it.

RAM- I agree we will get to a version like that.

RAM Engineer
02-03-10, 13:49

Great!

meateater
02-06-10, 04:13
me likey

CaptainDooley
02-06-10, 13:49

2-piece, non-barrel removal install, 12" FSP and I'm in. Though if my current trend of tinkering continues, I may wind up with the tools needed to remove and re-attach a barrel...

eternal24k
02-22-10, 12:07
So when can I expect to find an upper Centurion LW 16" middy with this rail??

spamsammich
02-22-10, 12:14
I might go for a 12" version of this rather than a URX II.

Stickman
02-22-10, 12:46

Cover each side before you start cutting, that way if you slip you are hitting a towel or rag instead of your upper or barrel. The pictures below are poor quality, but show you how easy it is.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Projects/MI17/IMG_1712%20Stick.jpg

Two cuts and pop out the center piece...

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Projects/MI17/IMG_1717%20Stick.jpg

Stickman
02-22-10, 12:48
Grab the spring and twist it off, or cut it if you want. I think its easier to simply twist it off with pliers.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Projects/MI17/IMG_1719%20Stick.jpg

Here is what you have left, and you are ready to go.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Projects/MI17/IMG_1725%20Stick.jpg

notorious_ar15
03-31-10, 12:14
Any updates on this product?

I did not see any mention on the website.

notorious_ar15
03-31-10, 21:37
By the way I tried to watch your "test video" but it says it had been removed by user.

link to mag dump test video (http://www.youtube.com/user/CenturionArmsLLC#p/a/u/1/mdfU_6EHtIQ)

link to flex test vid (http://www.youtube.com/user/CenturionArmsLLC#p/a/u/0/9d0OVH2lSko)

Under 'uploads' on their channel.

C45P312
03-31-10, 22:19
Got the height and width yet?

PrivateCitizen
04-11-10, 22:01
Very interested in more info.

Mid-Length (10"+) planned?

BDavis
04-12-10, 11:37
Looks good, how much does it cost?

joe_sun
04-29-10, 07:51
Any news?

Fontaine
04-29-10, 15:21
It's a beaut!

I want to replace my Omega rail with this!

Frens
06-09-10, 10:46
any news? :p
are those rails lighter than KAC RAS M4?

Frens
06-15-10, 03:24
got an email from Centurion Arms :(

I don’t want to give a hard and fast date as we are still fleshing through the extrusion people to see how it goes. Once we have that worked out we will know a better time line.

Atticus_1354
07-01-10, 23:22
Any word on release dates or preorder possibilities?

Biggy
07-02-10, 11:27
Do you have the height and width dimensions yet ?

Deaj
07-02-10, 12:20
I like this a lot - especially the fact that it mounts up to the stock barrel nut. I plan to purchase a Spike's LE middy later this year and I'd like to use one of these if available in an appropriate length. If it's not available at that time I'll probably install a Magpul mid-lengty MOE handguard until one is available.

SMGLee
07-02-10, 13:42
The rail project is still moving ahead, they are in final stage of pre-production work so you should see some rail info release within the next 5-8 weeks. It has been a long road to bring the rail onto the market and it will be very competitive for those looking for a slim, lightweight rail system that will clamp to the existing barrel nut.

Looking for 7, 10, and 12 inch rail to be released with the first batch of production run.

Mark71
07-02-10, 18:16
The rail project is still moving ahead, they are in final stage of pre-production work so you should see some rail info release within the next 5-8 weeks. It has been a long road to bring the rail onto the market and it will be very competitive for those looking for a slim, lightweight rail system that will clamp to the existing barrel nut.

Looking for 7, 10, and 12 inch rail to be released with the first batch of production run.

Thanks for the update Lee. Looking forward to some pics and more info in the next few weeks.

welchtactical
07-02-10, 18:38
Any idea on if it will pit over any of the piston systems out? Something somewhat easy to remove-reinstall that fits over a LWRC in the 11-13in type would be tits.

Jimbo45
07-08-10, 22:29
...Looking for 7, 10, and 12 inch rail to be released with the first batch of production run.
:( I would think, for the intended target market for this type of rail, a 9" would be in higher demand than al least two of those lengths. I like this rail so far, but if its any wider or close in price, than an Omega, I probably won't spring for it.

Biggy
07-08-10, 22:53
I also think a 9" rail would be popular with the middy crowd using a fixed front sight.

Atticus_1354
07-08-10, 23:40
I also think a 9" rail would be popular with the middy crowd using a fixed front sight.

I would definitely want a 9" rail. I still want a front sight.

grinch
07-09-10, 00:20
I've been holding off on saying anything about this rail till I felt things were getting nailed down. I really hate to give info and be unreliable but right now it seems as though things are shaping up to the point I will say more.

I should have the first ones running off the machines in 12 weeks.

We plan right now to do 7in 9in 10in and 12in rails and will follow up shortly with some front sight post cut out type rails. These will all clamp to standard barrel nut but we plan to include an enhanced barrel nut in the 10 and 12in rails. We do not feel any rail clamping to a standard barrel nut has enough purchase when you get to a 10in and 12in rails. I know there are others that do it but we fell they are not sturdy enough to support the longer rails for hard use.

The rails are 2.1in wide and 2.375in tall we plan at a later date to do one that will will have a lower profile bottom rail but this one was set to be able to do front sight post cut outs so the bottom rail needed to be this low.

Been considering a pre production special purchase price program if guys are interested in something like that please let me know.

Thanks
Monty

Stickman
07-09-10, 01:45
Good info, thanks for the update.

Jimbo45
07-09-10, 03:24
---snip---
Been considering a pre production special purchase price program if guys are interested in something like that please let me know.

Thanks
Monty

If its in a 9" version, then YES! 2.1" wide seems to be slimmer than the pics look like, so yeah, I am in....:)

notorious_ar15
07-09-10, 12:57
been looking forward to the 9" inch model.

;)

Thanks
Monty

CaptainDooley
07-09-10, 13:00

I'd like some details on this if it happens - I'd also be in for a 9" version.

Belmont31R
07-09-10, 13:09
My wife's gun needs a 7".....:)

bkb0000
07-09-10, 13:15
my me's gun needs a 10.

any weight figures yet?

grinch
07-18-10, 01:10
Ok been doing some rough math on this deal and will do a pre sale for all who are interested. I will be talking to my web guy to get it organized.

I do not have weight figured for anything except the 7in rail based on the prototypes but we are working to be as light as possible without giving up functional rigidity.

Thanks
Monty

eternal24k
07-18-10, 15:38
I would be interested in a 10 or 11" flavor to go with the LW barrel I just ordered from you :D

Any pics of the rail with the QD sockets?

rob_s
07-18-10, 15:48
Any ideas on height, width, and ID of the tube?

grinch
07-18-10, 21:48
The rails are 2.1in wide and 2.375in tall we plan at a later date to do one that will will have a lower profile bottom rail but this one was set to be able to do front sight post cut outs so the bottom rail needed to be this low.

rob_s
07-19-10, 04:45
For systems that have four full rails that height is pretty right on par. Width, I assume, is pretty much determined by the mounting system?

Jimbo45
07-19-10, 05:30
Man, i am really digging this rail. I just noticed the little anti-rotation wings, that straddle the upper receiver, very nice feature. This appears to be the perfect alternative to the Omega, for use on uppers with pinned muzzle devices. But, it does appear that the handguard cap needs to be removed to use this rail...bummer, because most of the target market for a drop in rail, will want to leave the cap in place. Short of that, I can't wait to try a 9.0 length! Nice job!

eternal24k
07-19-10, 19:51

still planning on QD mounts?
and what lengths can we expect?

thanks Monty,
btw, got my barrel in today :dance3:

grinch
07-20-10, 00:28
Yup the width is dictated by the mounting system and the height is dictated by the top rail for obvious reasons and the bottom rail is where it is so we can make versions the go around the front sight post and all the user will have to do is remove the sling attachment and the bayonet lug will still clear. There will be a second version where the bottom rail will be higher for use with low pro gas blocks.

Thanks
Monty

outrider627
07-20-10, 00:57
I'm interested in a 9in, depending on the rail weight and price. The college student budget is very limited. :(

grinch
07-20-10, 01:08
Yup sling swivels will be on there one on the front and back on each side.

We will be doing 7, 9, 10, and 12in rails right away and more later.

eternal24k
07-20-10, 06:58
Yup sling swivels will be on there one on the front and back on each side.

We will be doing 7, 9, 10, and 12in rails right away and more later.

thats great, would throw a vote in for an 11" as well :)
I am trying to decide between 12 and 10 for my middy, an 11 would be a great option, the popularity of the Troy TRX Extreme in 11 and the lack of a Lite in 11" should say a little something ;)
look forward to updated pics and some more weight info

buckshot1220
07-20-10, 22:27
I've been watching this thread since it started months ago. I will order a 7" and 10" when they become available. Please keep us posted.

As another member stated, this looks to be one of the best designs for those of us using a pinned muzzle device.

eternal24k
07-25-10, 11:23
bump, would love to hear more about a group buy :D

Stickman
07-25-10, 14:48
Why detract from a Centurion Arms rail thread with complaints about other products or companies? I keep clicking on this thread to find out about the actual topic.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm looking forward to getting a chance to play around with these rails also. The longer rails have more appeal to me, but there are still a lot of guys running basic carbines, and I think the 7" versions will still do well.

grinch
07-26-10, 10:36
Yes guys I'd rather not see anyone bash any companies stuff I take no issues with A.R.M.S. and have used some of there products on deployments with good results.

Lets get this moving I'm working with my web guy to figure out the best way to do the Pre buy but for now just E-mail me with "rail pre-buy" in the subject line.

EMAIL FOR INFO (http://centurionarms.com/index.php?option=com_rsform&Itemid=127)

Also the prices will break down like this:

retail / pre-buy
7in 199.95 / 169.95
9in 219.95 / 189.95
10in 234.95 / 199.95
12in 254.95 / 224.95

Price does not include shipping to 50 States

Thanks
Monty

outrider627
07-26-10, 15:15
Yes guys I'd rather not see anyone bash any companies stuff I take no issues with A.R.M.S. and have used some of there products on deployments with good results.

Lets get this moving I'm working with my web guy to figure out the best way to do the Pre buy but for now just E-mail me with "rail pre-buy" in the subject line.

EMAIL FOR INFO (http://centurionarms.com/index.php?option=com_rsform&Itemid=127)

Also the prices will break down like this:

retail / pre-buy
7in 199.95 / 169.95
9in 219.95 / 189.95
10in 234.95 / 199.95
12in 254.95 / 224.95

Price does not include shipping to 50 States

Thanks
Monty

Awesome. Have you figured out the weight for the 9in?

joe-bananas
07-26-10, 15:32

Glad to see a pre-buy is in the works.

Stickman
07-26-10, 15:33
Great pricing, those are going to do well.

Frens
07-26-10, 16:17
is the 7'' going to be lighter than a KAC RAS M4?

PrivateCitizen
07-26-10, 16:26
KAC RAS M4 weight with required parts: 11.3 oz (googled, no FHK)

rob_s speculated 10.8 based on the info on page 1. So, it would be awfully close. DD Omega territory it would seem.

A second vote for a 11" … but actually I'm looking forward to the low-pro version!

New pics of any when you get 'em!

SMGLee
07-26-10, 16:39
is the 7'' going to be lighter than a KAC RAS M4?

The 7inch version will be closer to the DD Omega. It will definitely be lighter than the KAC RAS.

Frens
07-26-10, 16:54
The 7inch version will be closer to the DD Omega. It will definitely be lighter than the KAC RAS.

thanks,
I like the attachment method...looks very durable.
the vids you posted are nice

Stickman
07-26-10, 18:20
Whoever the mod was, thanks for the cleanup.

notorious_ar15
07-26-10, 22:04
email inbound - want to get on the pre-buy list for a 9" model.

:)

grinch
07-29-10, 23:42
list has been started

Jimbo45
07-30-10, 00:24
list has been started

A few days ago, I sent an email using the link you provided, and simply put "rail pre-buy" in the text body section (didn't see a subject line), with the requisite email address and name. I haven't received a response...can I assume I will be in for a 9" when this thing gets rolling?

grinch
07-30-10, 00:44
jimbo,

I've been shooting everyone and e-mail back letting them know they are in so I'm thinkin something got lost in the mix shoot me an IM with your name and I'll check my list.

Thanks
Monty

Jimbo45
07-30-10, 02:05
jimbo,

I've been shooting everyone and e-mail back letting them know they are in so I'm thinkin something got lost in the mix shoot me an IM with your name and I'll check my list.

Thanks
Monty

You have an IM! :cool:

eternal24k
07-30-10, 08:17
Sent another email, looking forward to these

SMGLee
08-05-10, 02:28
http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/P1040632.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/P1040631.JPG

Centurion Arms rail all dressed with with kits.

eternal24k
08-05-10, 05:24
http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/P1040632.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/P1040631.JPG

Centurion Arms rail all dressed with with kits.
is that the production version?

notorious_ar15
08-05-10, 17:23
jimbo,

Thanks
Monty

Monty,

sent email through the website link & also an IM, but have not received a reply. Are you still sorting through making the list, or do I need to try again?

Thanks for your time!

zukiii
08-09-10, 23:29
any pics of the finished product w/ the qd sockets?

thanks..
rob

PrivateCitizen
08-09-10, 23:44
any pics of the finished product w/ the qd sockets?

thanks..
rob

I think the QD can be seen on page 1 of the thread.

eternal24k
08-10-10, 16:59
I see no pics with QD cups on p1, but am eagerly waiting for some.

uscbigdawg
08-10-10, 17:51
Sweet pics. I've had the exact same style on my M4 since 2006.

Nice to see it in production though. I've got a proto-type from AMS Machine that worked well when I took it to Afghanistan in '07.

Rich

grinch
08-11-10, 13:47
Sorry guys no pics with QD yet they will be in the production ones the prototypes are expensive to make and this is an easy mod so we are waiting for the production material to come to do them and the production will roll out right after they are done.

notorious_ar15- have you gotten a response from me yet on E-mail? I'm responding to everyone I get so I'm thinking it must be getting lost someplace let me know so we can get this sorted out.

Thanks
Monty

eternal24k
08-11-10, 13:53
Sorry guys no pics with QD yet they will be in the production ones the prototypes are expensive to make and this is an easy mod so we are waiting for the production material to come to do them and the production will roll out right after they are done.

notorious_ar15- have you gotten a response from me yet on E-mail? I'm responding to everyone I get so I'm thinking it must be getting lost someplace let me know so we can get this sorted out.

Thanks
Monty

Monty,
can you confirm I am on the list?
Also, do the QD cups have rotation stops?
thanks,
Max

grinch
08-11-10, 14:05
hit me with a PM and give me your E-mail address i will confirm for ya. Yes they will have stops on them I do not want then to 360 rotate.

Thanks
Monty

jeremy stanke
08-11-10, 19:48
will these work with a Adams piston kit?

Jimbo45
08-11-10, 21:08
Hey grinch, I am on the pre-buy list, so can you give us a rough time frame when the 9.0's will be available for the pre-buy? I am in no hurry, just trying to plan the next project, funds wise....:cool:

grinch
08-12-10, 00:51
Jimbo-We are looking at about 6-7 weeks

rob_s
08-12-10, 05:10
Yes they will have stops on them I do not want then to 360 rotate.
Definitely glad to hear this.

eternal24k
08-12-10, 07:49
Definitely glad to hear this.

+1,
I have a feeling these rails are going to be a hit

Stickman
08-12-10, 14:31
Yes they will have stops on them I do not want then to 360 rotate.

Thanks
Monty

Thanks, neither do I. :D

zukiii
08-12-10, 23:48
its going to be a long 6-7 weeks...

jetspeed8
08-13-10, 08:04
Sounds like something I need to get in on. Sign me up for the pre-buy 7".

eternal24k
08-13-10, 12:26
Sounds like something I need to get in on. Sign me up for the pre-buy 7".

gotta email Monty.

Zukiii,
def going to be a long 6-7 weeks, I have a Centurion 16" LW sitting around naked with no rail

zukiii
08-19-10, 02:15
another week down...

jetspeed8
08-19-10, 06:30
Roger that. I'm on the list..

gotta email Monty.

Zukiii,
def going to be a long 6-7 weeks, I have a Centurion 16" LW sitting around naked with no rail

bwaffle
08-19-10, 11:52
gotta email Monty.

Zukiii,

Yeah I have delayed my order of my DMR from Monty until his new rail comes out. :dance3: And in the meantime I have a naked lower waiting patiently.
http://a.imageshack.us/img837/1909/img00253201004022207.jpg

I just noticed I did not have the trigger guard on in the picture.:jester:

RAM Engineer
08-19-10, 16:01
I'll be up for 1 or 2 of the 12" Front Sight Cut-Out models, when available.

deadduck357
08-21-10, 20:00
Very nice, cant wait to see production models.

lmichel75
08-26-10, 14:29
+1, 7"

i used the posted "email for info" link... typed in my info... is this montys email??? :confused:

ps: first post, this site seems to be a good find..

grinch
08-27-10, 01:01
Sorry for any E-mail delay to guys out there I was out of town for a bit and my internet went down there so I was stuck with out comms. I'm back now and responding to all E-mails.

Thanks
Monty

zukiii
08-27-10, 22:17
how about a few more pics to hold us over until the rails come out!!:D

eternal24k
08-27-10, 22:20
how about a few more pics to hold us over until the rails come out!!:D

ugh, did not realize this was a request, logged in so fast after getting that notification expecting some new pics :shout:

grinch
09-02-10, 23:26
12in rail pic from solid model rendering

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/camws12s.jpg

CaptainDooley
09-02-10, 23:28
Is it just the angle of the model or does it taper?

jetspeed8
09-03-10, 08:14
12in rail pic from solid model rendering

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/camws12s.jpg

Grinch, Will this work with a piston system?

rob_s
09-03-10, 08:19
Is it just the angle of the model or does it taper?

Angle. The model is not in perspective which means it doesn't narrow as it goes back in the image, which in turn is why your eye thinks it tapers towards the front. Your eye thinks the front should appear larger than the rear but since they are the same size it makes the model appear to taper.

eternal24k
09-03-10, 09:26
Grinch, Will this work with a piston system?

I doubt it, unless you have a rifle length system, but even then I doubt it

mvician
09-03-10, 12:34
Could the anti rotation "wings" be removed to fit a heavy walled billet upper without ill effects?

SMGLee
09-03-10, 19:09
Could the anti rotation "wings" be removed to fit a heavy walled billet upper without ill effects?

you would run the risk of the rail turning on the barrel nut, have Monty build a complete upper for you, sell you current upper on line. :)

mvician
09-04-10, 01:28
you would run the risk of the rail turning on the barrel nut, have Monty build a complete upper for you, sell you current upper on line. :)

Thanks for the reply, but selling this upper is not an option. It is a "matched" set of billet receivers we had made for our forum. The receivers are made by Quentin Defense. I'm just looking for a FF rail that is a bit different than what everyone else has. :cool:

grinch
09-04-10, 23:00
http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/P1040574.jpg

eternal24k
09-04-10, 23:04
http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/P1040574-1.jpg

can't see the image :confused:

zukiii
09-05-10, 00:17
suspense...:eek:

Frens
09-05-10, 02:23
can't see the image :confused:

I can :dance3:

can't wait to put my hands on a cabine version

rob_s
09-05-10, 07:06
http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/P1040574.jpg

Progress! :D

eternal24k
09-05-10, 09:02
looks great :D

decodeddiesel
09-05-10, 09:36
That is a really attractive looking rail. Really would like to see the "real" 12" version. :D

SMGLee
09-05-10, 15:32
http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/DSC_0741-1.jpg

Patricia Ja Lee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Ja_Lee) posing with the Centurion Arms 7.0 Rail system.

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/DSC_0734.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/DSC_0733.jpg

eternal24k
09-05-10, 22:03
At first I was just going to get a 12 incher,
but now I am thinking one of these would go real nice on a kino....

I love new options:dirol:

PrivateCitizen
09-05-10, 23:22
…thinking one of these would go real nice on a kino....

I love new options:dirol:

Yes!

Any possibility of a render on an FSP model?

zukiii
09-06-10, 14:57
nice thinking eternal..

i too have been having thoughts of a kino set up. :D

grinch
09-07-10, 14:52
http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/P104054.jpg

rob_s
09-07-10, 23:13

Now THAT'S an interesting development to be sure...

uniform64
09-08-10, 13:06
That's a nice FSP. Hope you do a carbine version.

eternal24k
09-08-10, 18:43
yep,
pretty much determined to have a kino with that FSP middy rail, gf is going to kill me :secret:

zukiii
09-09-10, 00:33
monty..

a little off topic, but would the 14.5 lightweight upper you offer be comparable in weight to the bcm 14.5 lightweight upper (.625)?

thanks

PrivateCitizen
09-09-10, 00:37

This is exactly what the mid-length/Kino market needs.

Outstanding!

Standard or modified barrel nut?

mark5pt56
09-09-10, 06:19
Are the 5 holes the QD slots?

zukiii
09-09-10, 09:22
its my understanding that the five holes are used to hold the rail in place when it is being machined.

grinch
09-10-10, 00:57
The holes are an alternate attachment method you can see them on the knights rails too. Many of the other rails have left them off but it does not hurt to have them and we may come out with some stuff that use those holes.

We will do a carbine FSP too.

We can also do your Kino builds since we have plenty of 12.5in barrels on hand.

rob_s
09-10-10, 05:41
Monty, are the holes threaded or are they just straight-through, requiring a backing nut on the inside?

eternal24k
09-10-10, 06:22
We can also do your Kino builds since we have plenty of 12.5in barrels on hand.

I know what I'm getting myself for Xmas :D

grinch
09-10-10, 09:28
Zukii the weight will be a touch more but overall i would not consider it significant.

Rob- The holes are not threaded you would need a threaded backing nut like on the knights RAS. It was a feature we figured bet to have and not need then to need and not have.

Our rails will all fit on standard barrel nuts but for the rails longer then 9in we will include an extended barrel nut since we do not recommend the longer rails to use the standard barrel nut.

PrivateCitizen
09-10-10, 15:14
Does the FSP model pictured qualify as a 9 or 10 inch model?

grinch
09-10-10, 19:10
The top is 9in since its a mid length and the bottom and sides are 10in so I qualify it as a 10in.

Mark71
09-12-10, 17:30
The top is 9in since its a mid length and the bottom and sides are 10in so I qualify it as a 10in.

Any eta on when it will be available?

Thanks

mark5pt56
09-12-10, 19:46
Monty, To confirm, the 9" will have the front and rear QD slots?

Mark

grinch
09-12-10, 20:12
Mark,

Actually we first wanted to do the QD on front and back but are considering just doing it on the back.

What do you guys think?? Got a preference?

The front sight cut out should be avail in say two months or so we believe.

Thanks
Monty

CaptainDooley
09-12-10, 20:15
I'd only use the rear ones.

Stickman
09-12-10, 20:30
Mark,

Actually we first wanted to do the QD on front and back but are considering just doing it on the back.

What do you guys think?? Got a preference?

The front sight cut out should be avail in say two months or so we believe.

Thanks
Monty

Personally, I would only use the rear QD points, but I can understand the front ones for guys who sling up tight.

Jimbo45
09-13-10, 00:47
There are still some of us that like our front attachment points near the front of the rail, for some applications. IMHO, if you run your rear attach point at the rear of the lower receiver, then there is too short of a span to the rear of the rail, to have much sling control. You might as well run a single point sling, in that case, for my purposes.

mark5pt56
09-13-10, 04:56
I prefer the one up front and was one of the interesting points to this rail.

rob_s
09-13-10, 05:17
Monty, from your end what are the cons of putting a QD point up front? Does it affect anything either in your machining or in terms of the rail sections?

I'm thinking it mean at least one less rail slot in the location of the QD swivel, removing one potential mounting spot for a light or similar?

grinch
09-14-10, 21:23
Rob,

No real issue either way to me it will be a program change for the machinist but we are still working on the tooling for the machine and the program for the rail has not been written yet so we can add it. From an end user stand point I don't think you will really lose anything by having it there since the slot you would lose it far enough forward nothing I can think of would go out there except an add on sling mount. It would just add another option I just wanted to gauge if people would use it.

I will probably just have it added it will not hurt anything.

Thanks
Monty

bwaffle
09-14-10, 22:38
Monty,

As the title says it all.

Brian

grinch
09-14-10, 23:50
I dont have hard pics yet but you can see the jpeg renderings on the new page on my website.

http://www.centurionarms.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=123&Itemid=154

Let me know what ya think.

Thanks
Monty

Stickman
09-15-10, 00:42
Monty,

Check your Private Messages when you get a chance.

lmichel75
09-15-10, 19:11
monty,

i noticed on the page(contained in the link u posted above) there is a form to fill out for the pre order. i had sent u a email previously to get into the pre buy. u had replied by email stating i was in.

do u need us to fill in this form on your website also to get into the pre buy?

and any projected date for these models to go on sale?

thanks,:D

grinch
09-15-10, 22:23
lmichel75- nope in that case you are already in.

Thanks
Monty

Atticus_1354
09-16-10, 11:11
I am interested in the 12" model and was wondering if it would have any problems working with the Midwest Industries low profile gas block. You really have made a good looking product.

Stickman
09-16-10, 22:14
http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Centurion%20Arms/868W9840-1024-Stick.jpg

Frens
09-17-10, 01:30
does the HG cap still need to be removed?

5shot
09-17-10, 10:15
I dont have hard pics yet but you can see the jpeg renderings on the new page on my website.

http://www.centurionarms.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=123&Itemid=154

Let me know what ya think.

Thanks
Monty

I don't see an FSP Version on there yet - do you have an ETA by any chance? Will we be able to pre-order it as well?

Thanks!

Stickman
09-18-10, 02:00
http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Centurion%20Arms/868W9844-1024-Stick.jpg

grinch
09-18-10, 10:25
yes right now the cap still needs to be removed.

No FSP version yet we will do it though.

Biggy
09-18-10, 11:41

I use the thumb over the rail grip so I will be looking forward to your quad rail that has the lower profile bottom rail when it comes out. For me most of the quad rails out their are not only wider than I like but also taller than I prefer when using the thumb over the rail grip . What is your best guess as to when this rail will be available and what the height on it will be ?

grinch
09-21-10, 00:22
Biggy,

It will come out but will be awhile.

Thanks
Monty

Stickman
09-23-10, 00:01
http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Centurion%20Arms/868W9873-1024-Stick.jpg

decodeddiesel
09-23-10, 11:42
Monty, are you going to add a cut out on the last slot so that a KAC rail panel will "lock in" to the rail?

grinch
09-23-10, 19:48
decodeddiesel- that is the plan we want to be as compatible with as many panels as we can.

zukiii
09-23-10, 21:50
Monty..
Is there an expected shipping date on the rails yet?

decodeddiesel
09-23-10, 22:45
decodeddiesel- that is the plan we want to be as comparable with as many panels as we can.

Good deal.

justin_247
09-24-10, 11:54
That's a nice FSP. Hope you do a carbine version.

+1

It'd be really nice to have a rail that keeps the FSB but doesn't extend so far out on a 10.3" - 11.5" SBR as to prevent the mounting of a suppressor.

rainman
09-25-10, 10:47
Is it possible to remove the handguard cap without removing the FSB?

Thanks!

-Rainman

Stickman
09-25-10, 10:57
Is it possible to remove the handguard cap without removing the FSB?

Thanks!

-Rainman

Yes, you can dremel it off when you dremel the D-ring to expose the barrel nut.

rsilvers
09-25-10, 16:31
That rifle looks so just right to me.

rainman
09-26-10, 09:01
Yes, you can dremel it off when you dremel the D-ring to expose the barrel nut.

I appreciate the comeback. I have a BCM/BFH 16" middie that's incredibly accurate. I'm currently running an Omega-9 rail but the CA rail looks superior, so I wanted to be able to install the CA and move the Omega to another UR. Since the BCM URs have notoriously tight FSB pins, it's nice to know that I can install the CA rail without pulling the FSB.

Again, many thanks!

-Rainman

notorious_ar15
09-26-10, 10:00
There will be a few changes for the production rail it will have Q.D. sling swivels on each side and the rail cut outs in the front to allow the use of the knights rail panels...
Monty

Sorry if I missed it, but did the Q.D. slots get axed?

I haven't been seeing them in the newest pics.

lethal dose
09-26-10, 10:54

Yes. Please. Oh em gee. I just got done talking to Nathan bell about how desperately I wanted a rail that allowed the use of the fsb while covering it on the bottom and sides... a lot of the reason I don't wanna go dd- I don't like the rail to continue beyond the fsb on top. Unreal. Gimme. This is THE finished product, right? RIGHT?

Stickman
09-26-10, 11:03
Sorry if I missed it, but did the Q.D. slots get axed?

I haven't been seeing them in the newest pics.

The images I'm posting are of the same prototype rail, none of the new ones have been produced yet. When the production rails come out, Monty has made it clear that they will have QD sockets.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Centurion%20Arms/868W9875-1024-Stick.jpg

Frens
09-26-10, 11:36
Yes. Please. Oh em gee. I just got done talking to Nathan bell about how desperately I wanted a rail that allowed the use of the fsb while covering it on the bottom and sides... a lot of the reason I don't wanna go dd- I don't like the rail to continue beyond the fsb on top. Unreal. Gimme. This is THE finished product, right? RIGHT?

Same for me...cant wait to see FSP versions available

I hope Monty doesnt mind but I couldnt resist and made a cheap photoshop of the carbine-FSP version :p

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/6632/c4railm4.th.png (http://img697.imageshack.us/i/c4railm4.png/)

grinch
09-27-10, 00:09
lethal dose and Frens- I think this will be the very next version we do right after we run the batch of 7,9,10, and 12in rails. In fact the plan is to save some of the first batches material to make these so once we get the pre orders filled we will do a FSP carbine and mid length.

Glad you guys are liking it

Just FYI on the sling cups we are planning on doing the front and rear on both sides for the 9, 10, and 12in BUT not for the 7in we feel this begins to take up to much rail space. So the 7in will only have them in the rear.

Oh yea I don't mind the photo shop at all glad you did it thank you.

Thanks
Monty

lethal dose
09-27-10, 00:14
lethal dose and Frens- I think this will be the very next version we do right after we run the batch of 7,9,10, and 12in rails. In fact the plan is to save some of the first batches material to make these so once we get the pre orders filled we will do a FSP carbine and mid length.

Glad you guys are liking it

Just FYI on the sling cups we are planning on doing the front and rear on both sides for the 9, 10, and 12in BUT not for the 7in we feel this begins to take up to much rail space. So the 7in will only have them in the rear.

Oh yea I don't mind the photo shop at all glad you did it thank you.

Thanks
Monty
Waiting patiently.

texag
09-27-10, 07:12
NVM, will use pm.

Col_Crocs
09-27-10, 07:20
Monty, if you dont mind, any reason why youre using a hex screw instead of a flat head?
Will you be doing FDE ones as well?

lethal dose
09-27-10, 07:57
I should state... yes, dd does make a 9.5 fsp lite but I'm wantin' to toss the d ring and go with the more monolithic look... and although I do love dd products (especially their lowers), I have never owned anything from centurian and would like to give 'em a shot.

Stickman
09-27-10, 16:11
That rifle looks so just right to me.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Centurion%20Arms/CTML0152-1024-Stick.jpg

mark5pt56
09-27-10, 18:01
[QUOTE=Stickman;768130]The images I'm posting are of the same prototype rail, none of the new ones have been produced yet. When the production rails come out, Monty has made it clear that they will have QD sockets.

Then I will hold off on the DD Lite 10"

My upper is assembled, just need this rail-------

M4Fundi
09-27-10, 22:04

This is EXACTLY what I want! I've been building that in mind and now I can actually see it...woooohoooo!

don't know why photo didn't show up with quote...

grinch
09-28-10, 09:34
Col- we would like to do a FDE at some point maybe just do them in short runs. Do you not like the hex heads?

mark5pt56- yup QD will be on there but only on the rear for the 7in.

Thanks
Monty

mark5pt56
09-28-10, 16:13
Col- we would like to do a FDE at some point maybe just do them in short runs. Do you not like the hex heads?

mark5pt56- yup QD will be on there but only on the rear for the 7in.

Thanks
Monty

Excellent news Monty! Thanks for the update, I think that feature, it's strength and the ease of assembly will be make this system very popular.

Mark

zukiii
10-02-10, 22:20
monty

by chance do you have a more specific release date on the rails? i'm getting anxious... :D

mark5pt56
10-08-10, 10:58
Indeed! My upper is sitting on the shelf, just got the mod 5 BCM charge handle in for it.

Col_Crocs
10-08-10, 19:18

Not really about disliking but simply thinking in terms of field serviceability, wherein, a flat head would be easier to manipulate. Although, looking at the rail, does it tighten top to bottom at the rear using the same hex key size? If it does, then that pretty much eliminates the convenience of having a flat head as you would still need the allen wrench to manipulate the rear screws anyway.

5shot
10-09-10, 11:12
Same for me...cant wait to see FSP versions available

I hope Monty doesnt mind but I couldnt resist and made a cheap photoshop of the carbine-FSP version :p

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/6632/c4railm4.th.png (http://img697.imageshack.us/i/c4railm4.png/)

Me too, but I want a 12" FSP Version

Stickman
10-16-10, 12:20
Bump for any good news...

RogerinTPA
10-16-10, 12:29
Hey Monty, will these rails be an option on your complete uppers?

Stickman
10-16-10, 14:53
Hey Monty, will these rails be an option on your complete uppers?

He has stated that they will be. :)

zukiii
10-16-10, 20:01
I'd also like to hear some news...

Alex V
10-18-10, 09:17
Looks interesting. I have been looking for an affordable 7" rail that does not feel like an anchor on the front of the gun and does not require the removal of the FSP or bbl nut.

Angle. The model is not in perspective which means it doesn't narrow as it goes back in the image, which in turn is why your eye thinks it tapers towards the front. Your eye thinks the front should appear larger than the rear but since they are the same size it makes the model appear to taper.

In otherword the model is displayed in Orthographic Projection... You want to **** with your Architectural Studio professor? Show him a model of you design in orphographic projection... THey love that during presentations! lol

Frens
10-18-10, 09:51
hey I have the money...where're the rails? :D

johnnychimpo
10-18-10, 10:19
hey I have the money...where're the rails? :D

Hold yer horses!!! It's only been 10 months since these were dangled in front of our faces. PATIENCE!:sarcastic:

OMD
10-20-10, 22:46
Hurry up already! Hurry up already! Meow, that is one funny avatar Johnny!

johnnychimpo
10-21-10, 20:46
Hurry up already! Hurry up already! Meow, that is one funny avatar Johnny!

It's Afghanistanimation.

Dos Cylindros
10-21-10, 21:34
It's Afghanistanimation.

Shenanigans!

Mark71
10-31-10, 00:30
Bump for any updates

zukiii
11-01-10, 14:29
I second that... It's getting harder and harder to wait!!

Stickman
11-03-10, 22:44
..... another shot of the prototype C4 rail.....

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Centurion%20Arms/868W9893-1024-Stick.jpg

The_Hammer_Man
11-03-10, 22:48
You're a friggin' TEEZE!

getting grumpy waiting on these things.. got a build waiting for one.

SMGLee
11-13-10, 03:07
The first batch of rails are rolling off the CNC. this is one of the production rail prior to the laser engraving. As you can see on the electronic scale, the 7" rail will be less than a DD Omega with delta ring assembly.

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/P1030353.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/P1030354.JPG

mark5pt56
11-13-10, 05:34
Chen, I need the middy w/ QD holes up front yesterday! Let us know please------

Mark

eternal24k
11-13-10, 09:01
The first batch of rails are rolling off the CNC. this is one of the production rail prior to the laser engraving. As you can see on the electronic scale, the 7" rail will be less than a DD Omega with delta ring assembly.

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/P1030353.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ca/huge/P1030354.JPG

man those look nice, cant wait to get my hands on some

ctrmass
11-13-10, 09:19
I hope the mid length makes it out before I run out of $$$$.:sad:

M4Fundi
11-13-10, 13:26
SMGLee can we see pics from both ends so we can see what the cross section profile looks like? Thanks!

grinch
11-13-10, 13:35
OK sorry for not updating earlier but the who getting the fixturing made and machines set up is taking longer then expected and there has been a few admin things to clear up as well.

I didnt want to keep strining it along so I decided to stay off the net till we started having rails rolling off the machines.

Now the rail you see in the pic is the first production rail off the machines and it still needs to be laser engraved. This is the 7in version and has the QD mount in the rear and does not rotate 360. The 7in rails will be first out followed by the 9in then 10in and 12in rails. Once these are running good we will do the FSP cut outs then do a 12in with carbine FSP pocket version.

Also just be aware that the Pre order will be closing very soon so if you want a rail at the discounted price sign up now. When you sign up for the pre order you will not be charged till the rail ships.

I think you guys will be happy with the rails I know I am very happy with the way they are turning out. They are extremely well de-burred and tumbled so there are no sharp edges and the rail feels very soft in the hand even with out rail covers. I'm thinking guys are going to find the quality level of these on par with much more expensive rails.

Thanks
Monty

zukiii
11-13-10, 13:44
Woo hoo!! :laugh:

zukiii
11-13-10, 13:47
Will you have a pre order for the fsp version when it is ready for release??

ctrmass
11-13-10, 14:32
I'd like to see a middy length FSP version.:big_boss:

eternal24k
11-13-10, 17:18
+1, i would love to do a build with one

I'd like to see a middy length FSP version.:big_boss:

mark5pt56
11-13-10, 17:45
Since the 7" doesn't have the QD slots up front, my guess the 9/10" ones won't either?

eternal24k
11-13-10, 17:58
Since the 7" doesn't have the QD slots up front, my guess the 9/10" ones won't either?

it's hard to tell on my screen, but it looks like there is a forward QD socket.

grinch
11-13-10, 18:02
We have some wallpaper people can download if they would like here is the link.

https://www.centurionarms.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=50&Itemid=158

No the 9in and 10in will have the swivel up front. We we mentioned earlier in this thread they would. The 7in you begin to lose to much rail space and it took some changing around to get done on front and back. We had to move the tabs back up front on the 9,10,and12in rails so we didn't have a sling pocket and the attachment tabs together. We didn't really want to do this on a 7in rail.

Thanks
Monty

mark5pt56
11-13-10, 18:17
We have some wallpaper people can download if they would like here is the link.

https://www.centurionarms.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=50&Itemid=158

No the 9in and 10in will have the swivel up front. We we mentioned earlier in this thread they would. The 7in you begin to lose to much rail space and it took some changing around to get done on front and back. We had to move the tabs back up front on the 9,10,and12in rails so we didn't have a sling pocket and the attachment tabs together. We didn't really want to do this on a 7in rail.

Thanks
Monty

Ok, cool! I can sleep now. Standing by for the 10"

BrentC
11-13-10, 19:21
i cant wait! i wonder if i should wait for the front sight post model or not?

SuicideHz
11-13-10, 19:31
Nice rail Monty!

Saw you on Tactical Arms with the LAV. Great shooting with the SCAR and SSR!!!

grinch
11-13-10, 23:23
Nice rail Monty!

Saw you on Tactical Arms with the LAV. Great shooting with the SCAR and SSR!!!

Yup and had a good time doing it LAV and the crew were great. The SSR will be that star of the that whole program IMHO it is really the one I'm waiting to hit the civi market.

rob_s
11-14-10, 04:19
Looking forward to seeing these. I also think the mid-length FSP model will be a nice touch.

FishingFool
11-14-10, 08:26
will also wait for the midlength FSP. Need the extra little length for my grip style and lights. Where will be the QD holes for the FSP model? Ahead , right besides, or behind the fsb?