Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T3TIKKA ?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The rifle is a 30-06. Those were handloads but the rifle shoots MOA with factory loads as well...

On the same trip to SE Alaska, there was a stainless Kimber, Ruger, and a Winchester that looked just as bright as they left the safe. I've also got a few buddies that have SS Tikkas that don't have the same issue as I had...Monday barrel, but man it shoots well!
    www.thealaskalife.com www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Posers buy guns. Shooters buy ammo.
    Okie John

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Here it is again on the side of a mountain on the Kenai Peninsula while black bear hunting. After an absolute death-march to the top, ol' blackie gave us the slip...

Okie John

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post

Only beef I had with it was my stainLESS steel barreled action was actually a stainFULL steel barrel...pissed me off...
    So what is advertised as a stainless barrel, really is steel? Dang. great job on your barrel, will mail mine to you.

Also thanks for the Tikka shooters.com site, great sticky on the 270WSM and the bullet recommendations.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    So what is advertised as a stainless barrel, really is steel? Dang. great job on your barrel, will mail mine to you.

Also thanks for the Tikka shooters.com site, great sticky on the 270WSM and the bullet recommendations.
    I dont think what happned to his barrel is normal at all. There is a new stock by B&C comming out soon there are very well made and cheep to boot. I am thinking about getting one. I used to hate .277 bore but I'm starting to change my mind. Also Berger is releasing a 190g VLD in .277.

Biggreen over at longrangehunting has realy been pushing his 270wsm this last year. Its good reading if your ever over that way.

Jon
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post

I gotta agree that mine (and I hope its true) was a isolated incident of bad QC or something...that said, I will gladly paint your barreled action and bolt if you want! Heck, I even do it for a side business!
    Okie John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12