Thread: Other options for LOW and forward scope mounting on an AR15 ????

Feedback Score

Other options for LOW and forward scope mounting on an AR15 ????

Curious if anyone is aware of any options/products I have not found yet.

Looking to mount the scope forward for eye relief but approx ½” lower than the common 1.5” high ar15 mounts such as Bobro and ADM. They are just too high for my preference.

Desired height as seen in pic below: (Scope has a 30mm tube)

From rail top surface to scope body: approx ½ “= 13 mm
    From rail top surface to center of eyepiece approx : 1 1/32” = 27 mm

Below are the best two options I've found so far, but they are not quite low enough.
    __________________________________________________________________________________

Option 1: Center of eyepiece 1.3 “ = 33mm high using (PRI) Precision Reflex Inc. extended cantilever mount – only mount I could find lower than 1.5”. Not sure of quality of this mount and still higher than I prefer)

Link to pri mount:
    Precision Reflex - Product Detail - 30mm Cantilever Low Ring Set - $148.50

__________________________________________________________________________________

Option 2: Center of eyepiece 1.2 “ = 30mm high using Valdada Low extended riser rail (1/4”=6.35mm) plus low rings or unimount ( an additional .3“ = 7.6mm). Rings used for this rail need provide Ό” plus height for the riser rail between eyepiece and receiver rail.

Link to valdada low (.25") extended rail/ riser: Also not sure if mounting on extended riser rail is secure

Valdada Low Profile Extended Riser - Rifle Scope Rings and Mounts - Cactus Tactical Tactical equipment, self defense gear, shooting supplies AR-15

_____________________________________________________________________________

Option 3…..?

Thanks for any suggestions…

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    These rings and the Valdada extended riser would get you to 1.12 center height. That is just shy of 1 1/8" http://www.webyshops.com/brand/Vorte...FRRk7AodWygAnA
    GH

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Nightforce lists their A190 Ultralite Uni-mount at 1.125" (http://nightforceoptics.com/accessor...lite-unimount/). I'm not sure if this a center of the scope measurement, but it might be worth a call to Nightforce if the 20moa feature is acceptable for your application.
    Last edited by Tooth & Nail; 09-05-13 at 12:22. Reason: Correction