Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement - Patch in memory of our moderator, Army Chief.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Announcement - Patch in memory of our moderator, Army Chief.

As most of you know, Chuck Petrie, aka our moderator Army Chief/AC passed away on 12-7-13. Back in 2012, when we first learned of Army Chief's situation, jaxman7 PM'd me and suggested designing a patch to help raise funds for Chuck. We never did get a patch off the ground, but we did have a fundraiser for Chuck's birthday present, and M4C members showed their support and generosity.

When Chuck passed, jaxman7 again contacted me and brought up the idea of a patch to honor Chuck. I ran with the idea and came up with a design which honors his rank (the CW5 bars at the bottom), service as a helicopter pilot in the Army, his faith, and his extended family here at M4Carbine.net. It will be a 3" x 2" PVC patch, with a khaki background.

mmacpatchfinal.jpg

I'm funding the production of the patches myself, and Milspecmonkey.com will be producing the patch, and will be taking orders when they come in. There will be 250 patches available for sale, at $10 each. All proceeds from the sale of the patches will go to Terri, Chuck's widow. Thanks to jaxman7 for bringing it up again, and to milspecmonkey for helping by taking orders and selling them.

Update: All patches were sold - thank you all so much for your generosity and support for the Petrie family. original patch on milspecmonkey web store: http://milspecmonkey.com/store/patch...-d-petrie.html

chuck.jpg

I'm not sure what else I can say about Chuck that hasn't already been said here more eloquently by other members, but his presence will be missed. We were fortunate to have him amongst us, especially over the past year. His posts during his illness have made me more reflective, and I hope to think; I'm a better person for it. Thank you, AC. RIP, my friend.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Awesome. Standing by for February! Fingers crossed!

Feedback Score
    Good idea. Thanks for putting it together.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Excellent idea. I am sure they will sell out fast. You may want to consider an option to donate additional funds above and beyond the cost of the patch. I am sure they will sell out quickly. Thanks for putting this together.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    Excellent idea. I am sure they will sell out fast. You may want to consider an option to donate additional funds above and beyond the cost of the patch.
    This. If I miss out on the patch I'd still like to help out.
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I'm definitely in!

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I'll be in. Tagging this thread in the hopes of updates appearing here so I don't miss the purchase opportunity when it does become available.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I'm definitely in as well!

Sent from my DROID X2

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    MM, thank you very much for all the work and monetary resources you are putting into this.

ETA: Since MM is taking a mental headcount, I'd like to buy three. I have several friends that lurk here, but are not members. I'd like to buy a patch for them as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In for one, and thanks for doing this.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast