Thread: 1st Custom AR Build/ 2nd total Custom Build

Feedback Score

Cool 1st Custom AR Build/ 2nd total Custom Build

Hey All,
    I am putting together a custom build and have the lower reciever bought already. I am going with a Matrix Aerospace Lower in multi caliber. I have 2 lowers. One I am looking at doing in 7.62x40, probably go with Wilson Combat Match Grade Barrel, 7.62x40 WT, Recon Tactical, 16", 1-12 Twist, Stainless. For no particular reason, I just don't really want a stainless barrel. What research I have done has not provided any other results by other companies. I am trying to decide whether to get a matched upper for the lower or go with a different upper. I know I should probably get a matched upper. Then theres the question of a trigger assembly and BCG. I like most the options that Geissle has but not sure if for my 1st build if Iwant to go that in-depth yet. I have also looked at Timney Triggers. Guess it doesn't matter since they are both about the same price. I think I know what rail system, pistol grip, and buttstock I want.

Any sugestions? I am looking to it being a everyday shooter and possible build into competion shooting when the Army quits deploying me and let's me retire in the next year or two. Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you for your service!

Check out the AR pic thread, lots of nice rifles to give you ideas for your build.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...hread/page1217
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    Thanks AirHasz. I have visited that site multiple times and gather ideas and wants everytime. I will be visiting again to get ideas on which rails and accessories I may want. Right now it's just geting the parts and it together.

Feedback Score
    They're never going to let you go

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeek020 View Post
    They're never going to let you go
    It seems that way some days

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Matched receivers aren't needed for anything but to satisfy your sense of CDO. If it' what you want tough, go for it.

There's no reason to avoid a stainless steel barrel, nor is there any reason to require one either. Pick a good quality barrel and you'll be fine either way.

The standard AR trigger with it's long pull and the G trigger are both better for self loading rifles than any single stage trigger with the creep taken out. The long sear engagement is there to prevent sear bounce so the rifle doesn't double. Single stage triggers like the the Timney rely on a half cock notch to catch the hammer if there is sear bounce

I nearly forgot- Just go ahead and get the A5 style receiver extension assembly right off the bat
    Last edited by MistWolf; 02-13-15 at 18:19.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score

Update

Well here is what I am going to be working with. They are Matrix Aerospace Corps. lowers and upper. I have been pick out the accessories for them and deciding what the second upper is going to be. Whether it is a complete upper set-up or ground up build. either way I have time for I can't get all the peices at once so it will be a slow process. I have decided against my orginal idea of doing a 7.62X40 for all the reviews for the magazine have been iffy at best. So I am going with 556/223 and 300BLK. Think as of now going with 16" mid length by spikes for the 556/223 and 14" mid length for the 300BLK but not sure from who... looking at spike and DD at the moment, but time will tell. But anyways here they are...Aero_3.jpg Aero_2.jpg