Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best handguard removal tool?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    A guy showed me the Delta Kwik handguard removal tool. It's quick and easy to use.

Their website- https://deltakwik.com/

Downside is cost- $80
    https://godubbys.com/delta-kwik?olsPage=products
    I think that's exactly what I need. Thanks for the post.

My goal is not wanting to mar the finish on the delta ring and that tool looks to be the least likely to cause any issues.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 03-14-19 at 11:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Doc, I say this with brotherly love, but the doctor can prescribed meds for OCD......for goodness sake, it is a Colt, Colt makes war horses not show ponies.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Doc, I say this with brotherly love, but the doctor can prescribed meds for OCD....
    Wannabes call it OCD. Those who are actually part of the fraternal order have CDO, which is very much like OCD but is in the proper alphabetical order.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Doc, I say this with brotherly love, but the doctor can prescribed meds for OCD......for goodness sake, it is a Colt, Colt makes war horses not show ponies.
    Well, why put scratches on it if you don't have to? I've posted this before, but I'm over 50 years old and ten years from now I may sell off most of my collection because I won't live long enough to wear out all my firearms. It'd be nice if I had been able to keep most of them in really nice condition. I'm willing to have one or two that get beat up, but I don't want it to become the norm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Well, why put scratches on it if you don't have to? I've posted this before, but I'm over 50 years old and ten years from now I may sell off most of my collection because I won't live long enough to wear out all my firearms. It'd be nice if I had been able to keep most of them in really nice condition. I'm willing to have one or two that get beat up, but I don't want it to become the norm.
    I guess we are all different, just getting ready to cross the divide to 65, I figure that I have 10 years of literally running around before I need to worry about slowing down enough to downsize.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    A guy showed me the Delta Kwik handguard removal tool. It's quick and easy to use.

Their website- https://deltakwik.com/

Downside is cost- $80
    https://godubbys.com/delta-kwik?olsPage=products
    Sounds like a good reverse group buy. Everyone puts in a dollar and whenever you need it you post up and whomever has it ships it to you.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I'm resurrecting this one. I don't have the packaging anymore so I can't tell you what brands I've been using, but I've thrown out two different makes of handguard tool over the last few months because the rubber coating tears and eventually causes scuff marks on the delta ring.

This is frustrating!

Isn't there one tool universally acknowledged as "the best" and won't mar the rifle?

Your local big box home improvement warehouse stores and even some Walmart locations will sell a product called PLASTI DIP. It is an air dry specialty rubber coating originally invented to dip hand tool handles in to give them a non-slip insulated gripping surface. Now dudes do their whole cars in the stuff LOL. Should work famously on your AR handguard removal tool.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I like the Midwest Industries tool other than the rubber coating ripping very easily. I figure some duct tape will fix it. Only really needed it once or twice either way.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234