Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: This is just painful to look at: Beretta APX

Feedback Score
    I don't want to go too much into detail,
    But I was wrong about the for looks only slide serrations, they work really good.
    Sights are.... underwhelming. Shape is great, but these are not night or comp sights. Which is fine, but proprietary drives me nuts.

Grip and texture are great. Not the slick fest the 90 Two and PX4 are.
    Points very nice.

Trigger is maybe a skosh better than stock Glock. But the 1mm raised ridge in the center that does not go flush drives me nuts. Reset is a little long for those that are masters of striker reset in my opinion. But again, the ridge drives me nuts. Maybe it is an awesome trigger and I hate the ridge too much to appreciate.

In a day of slide mounted optics, that thingy that goes up, when you pull the trigger is an idiotic feature.

They undercut the trigger guard a little, but at the end of the day we are faced with a huge trigger guard and mag release position that takes up most of the front of the grip like the 92. This ruins the potential for trimming the grip into compact, let alone sub compact frames. My hand takes up the whole grip as it is.

The slide function is typical of this genre. No ball bearing slickness here.

Slide release is flatter than stock Glock. Not at all to my liking.

Mag release shape is nice, but a tad higher would have been sweet spot ergonomically and save some grip space. Not as bad as a 92 with stock release, but I have to break perfect grip a touch to actuate.

I still have to go shoot the gun, and the grip does feel great in my hand, and I like how it points,
    But just too many misses and repeats of past mistakes in my opinion.

This gun would have blown me away in 1995. I would have been in awe.
    In 2000 I still would have been impressed.
    Perhaps in 2005 I would not have been as critical.

But for a gun hitting the market in 2017,
    I am just in awe at how much they got wrong.

These are my personal opinions.
    I am not an operator or shooting instructor or GM champion. I have never killed anyone with a pistol.
    I am not a firearms reviewer.

Maybe it will shoot great.
    The XDM is a gun that for some reason I like the feel in my hand and how it points and shoots great for me. But it is not my choice of pistol due to other reasons. So shooting great is not the end all be all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    And Glock is... just a VP70 with better trigger and 12 years later

BTT I handled APX at IWA. I think it is decent gun. Trigger is OK and I actually like those big charging serrations. Not that I'm going to dump my SFP9 (VP9) for it and if I would, I would go rather toward CZ P10, but still APX looks and feels like decent enough gun to bring Beretta good sales.
    ;-) Ya' got me !

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    http://www.all4shooters.com/en/home/...DEX-Abu-Dhabi/

I predict it will have the same rousing success found with their PX4 series and the "improvement" and update to the 92 series, that they were dumb enough to call the "90-two."
    Very busy looking for me, but looks do not matter as much as performance.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I really can't see this one selling much better than the Pico does. Nice guns they are, but there is really nothing to them that truly sets them apart from most other makes. JMHO.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    I don't want to go too much into detail,
    But I was wrong about the for looks only slide serrations, they work really good.
    Sights are.... underwhelming. Shape is great, but these are not night or comp sights. Which is fine, but proprietary drives me nuts.

Grip and texture are great. Not the slick fest the 90 Two and PX4 are.
    Points very nice.

Trigger is maybe a skosh better than stock Glock. But the 1mm raised ridge in the center that does not go flush drives me nuts. Reset is a little long for those that are masters of striker reset in my opinion. But again, the ridge drives me nuts. Maybe it is an awesome trigger and I hate the ridge too much to appreciate.

In a day of slide mounted optics, that thingy that goes up, when you pull the trigger is an idiotic feature.

They undercut the trigger guard a little, but at the end of the day we are faced with a huge trigger guard and mag release position that takes up most of the front of the grip like the 92. This ruins the potential for trimming the grip into compact, let alone sub compact frames. My hand takes up the whole grip as it is.

The slide function is typical of this genre. No ball bearing slickness here.

Slide release is flatter than stock Glock. Not at all to my liking.

Mag release shape is nice, but a tad higher would have been sweet spot ergonomically and save some grip space. Not as bad as a 92 with stock release, but I have to break perfect grip a touch to actuate.

I still have to go shoot the gun, and the grip does feel great in my hand, and I like how it points,
    But just too many misses and repeats of past mistakes in my opinion.

This gun would have blown me away in 1995. I would have been in awe.
    In 2000 I still would have been impressed.
    Perhaps in 2005 I would not have been as critical.

But for a gun hitting the market in 2017,
    I am just in awe at how much they got wrong.

These are my personal opinions.
    I am not an operator or shooting instructor or GM champion. I have never killed anyone with a pistol.
    I am not a firearms reviewer.

Maybe it will shoot great.
    The XDM is a gun that for some reason I like the feel in my hand and how it points and shoots great for me. But it is not my choice of pistol due to other reasons. So shooting great is not the end all be all.
    Thanks for he good initial review. I don't think I'm interested although I'm sure Beretta Fans will be lined up to buy this pistol. Like some I'm waiting to see the CZ P10C.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .XL View Post
    Thanks cause everyone on this board definitely speaks Italian

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    MrG&G has one. Here's his first look. I must say that after watching his video, I dislike it far less than I did before.

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    MrG&G has one. Here's his first look. I must say that after watching his video, I dislike it far less than I did before.

Thanks

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819