Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt AR6721 Ten-Step Transformation

Feedback Score

Colt AR6721 Ten-Step Transformation

Colt AR6721 Ten-Step Transformation

Start with a stock Colt AR-15 A3 Tactical Carbine (AKA a Colt AR6721) . . .

Step 1. Replace the factory barrel assembly with a Noveske stainless-steel Recon barrel assembly including a set-screwed and taper-pinned low-profile gas block.

Step 2. Replace the factory handguards with a Geissele 13” SMR MK8 M-LOK free-float handguard.

Step 3. Replace the A2 flash-hider with a Smith Enterprise Vortex flash-hider.

Step 4. Install Knight’s Armament front and rear back-up iron sights.

Step 5. Replace the factory fire control group with a Geissele SSA-E fire control group.

Step 6. Replace the A2 grip with a Magpul MIAD grip.

Step 7. Replace the factory trigger-guard with a Magpul aluminum enhanced trigger-guard.

Step 8. Replace the factory buttstock assembly with a Magpul UBR buttstock assembly.

The transformed carbine (without a weapon mounted light or optic mounted) weighs-in at 7 pounds, 12 ounces.

Step 9. Install a Schmidt & Bender Short Dot LE in a LaRue Tactical SPR-E mount.

Step 10. Add a weapon mounted light, sling, bipod or fore-grip as needed.

Arisaka In-Line M-LOK mount.

Magpul cantilever M-LOK mount.

Magpul off-set M-LOK mount.

….

While evaluating the accuracy of various hand-loads from the Recon barrel, shooting from a bench-rest at a distance of 100 yards and using the Short Dot LE set at 4X magnification, the Recon barrel produced the 10-shot group pictured below using Sierra 55 grain BlitzKings. The group has an extreme spread of 0.77".

Last edited by Molon; 01-09-16 at 12:42.
    All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    Sweet blaster!

That rail is on my very short list...
    NRA & GOA - Join the fight!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That is seriously a sweet set-up.
    I am just wondering why you didn't build on a stripped upper if you were going to swap out so many of the original parts.

Feedback Score
    I think I remember you saying in an old post that you zero the Kac sights at 50 yards using the "2" setting on the rear, is that still the case?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    That is seriously a sweet set-up.
    I am just wondering why you didn't build on a stripped upper if you were going to swap out so many of the original parts.
    I agree with this.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Why? You spent more money replacing parts than it would have cost to build it. Nice gun though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice setup Molon!
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    Why? You spent more money replacing parts than it would have cost to build it. Nice gun though.
    Sometimes it's not about the money. It's about the experience.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    Maybe he already had the 6721. I'm in the process of refreshing a 6721 too. I went in a different direction, but Molon, that has to be one of the best looking rifles out there. The MK8 is so clean looking.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    True

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast