Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Months after BCM ELW / BFH Barrel Hype - Was it warranted?

Feedback Score

Months after BCM ELW / BFH Barrel Hype - Was it warranted?

I've been doing research on a new build lately and have decided to go semi-lightweight since I already have a precise HBAR build.

Through my research, I have decided to make the BCM line of ELW/BFH barrel my top contender, but I have a few concerns. There has been a lot of great feedback about the barrels, the weight, and weight distribution. But my main concern is accuracy. There have not been any rigorous or at least minimally controlled testing of the ELW/BFH barrels' precision. Also, the barrel, which was highly hyped late 2014 and early 2015, has now completely subsided after a large number of people purchased them.

On top of the occasional forum post that say the barrels are picky, the lack of recent positive feedback in the middle of the product's lifecycle indicates that there is a lot of buyer's remorse and that the barrel is not performing to everyone's hype/expectations when they first got it months ago.

So my question is to owners of the owners of these barrels - How have your barrels been performing in terms of accuracy, sustained accuracy with heat, compatibility with different ammunition, and other aspects good or bad. Please also include your barrel length, fore-end setup, and whether or not it's BFH or fluted.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Definitely interested in what people will have to say. I just completed a build with the 14.5" ELW and a Fortis RED brake. Haven't had an opportunity to get it to the range, yet.
    Take it like a man."

This Too Shall Pass

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZipZopBoop View Post
    the lack of recent positive feedback in the middle of the product's lifecycle indicates that there is a lot of buyer's remorse and that the barrel is not performing to everyone's hype/expectations when they first got it months ago.
    In my case it's not buyer's remorse, it's just boring and I figure no one would want to hear it. It's boringly light, boringly accurate, boringly reliable. Exactly what you'd expect from BCM. As with most barrels there just isn't much to say if it performs well.

The fact you're not hearing about any nightmare scenarios is probably a better signal to pick up on than a lack of gushing over it.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Every time I look for a ELW/BFH complete upper BCM is out of them. I just figured it to be a hot item. I'd like to pick one up so am definitely interested in what people will have to say too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZipZopBoop View Post
    I've been doing research on a new build lately and have decided to go semi-lightweight since I already have a precise HBAR build.

Through my research, I have decided to make the BCM line of ELW/BFH barrel my top contender, but I have a few concerns. There has been a lot of great feedback about the barrels, the weight, and weight distribution. But my main concern is accuracy. There have not been any rigorous or at least minimally controlled testing of the ELW/BFH barrels' precision. Also, the barrel, which was highly hyped late 2014 and early 2015, has now completely subsided after a large number of people purchased them.

On top of the occasional forum post that say the barrels are picky, the lack of recent positive feedback in the middle of the product's lifecycle indicates that there is a lot of buyer's remorse and that the barrel is not performing to everyone's hype/expectations when they first got it months ago.

So my question is to owners of the owners of these barrels - How have your barrels been performing in terms of accuracy, sustained accuracy with heat, compatibility with different ammunition, and other aspects good or bad. Please also include your barrel length, fore-end setup, and whether or not it's BFH or fluted.
    A lack of information is sometimes a good indicator that things are going very well and the product in question is delivering as promised. I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Feedback Score
    You and the last person are absolutely right. But when paired with occasional negative feedback, it's not a good sign. Either way, wouldn't it be better to have actual feedback than speculate? I don't expect to lose sleep over it. I just like having more information rather than less. Which is why I asked for that, not more speculation.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barack H. Obama View Post
    A lack of information is sometimes a good indicator that things are going very well and the product in question is delivering as promised. I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
    Would you PLEASE change your screen name and picture. I am sure you did it to get a rise and you succeeded. Not that anyone here gives a shit but I will not open any thread with that commy bastard's picture above it. I will not purchase from any site sponsor who's banner appears above his name or picture. Come on mods.... Take that ass hole's face off of this site.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Deleted.
    Last edited by scooter22; 08-08-15 at 14:52.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have the ELW Fluted barrel NOT BHF in 14.5 Middy. It is my second most accurate rifle next to my 18.5 Lilja.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I have the ELW Fluted barrel NOT BHF in 14.5 Middy. It is my second most accurate rifle next to my 18.5 Lilja.
    Have you done any testing? What's it capable of intrinsically in terms of grouping?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast