Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surefire's customer service is the worst.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Surefire's customer service is the worst.

My buddy had his x400v light die on him a while ago. Wouldn't you know mine died too.

It took 3 days to get Surefire on the phone. Unfortunately, I can't spend hours of my life on hold. 45 minutes or so is my limit

I was told my RMA over the phone and that I would be receiving an email. It never came. They have had the light over a month and I spent all day calling on Friday to see what's going on to no avail.

1. Two new (<2 months old) x400v lights completely died within a few weeks of each other. No hard use whatsoever.

2. Surefire takes days to get in touch with.

3. SF says they are sending out an email (contact info, make sure they have the right return address) which never comes.

4. SF has had the light for over a month and there is still no word on what's going on. (See point 2)

Am I right to be ****ing mad? A Google search says this is pretty common and there have been guys who've gotten their lights back still broken. I still have no idea if they even have the right return address.

It's enough for me to swear off SF altogether.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-28-16 at 06:10. Reason: They've had it "over" a month, not almost.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    In my experience they were rather easy to get in touch with. They did however take about 2 months to get me the lights back on two separate occasions..

Old X300 the lens cracked on they replaced with an Ultra head and sent it back. Second was an older LX2 Lumamax they replaced the head and the tail cap and sent it back.

No communication however after they received it and I didn't receive any notice it was being shipped back. They just showed up one day.

If I was in your shoes I'd be pretty pissed right now.

Feedback Score
    I've had bad luck with calling them, but whenever I've emailed them, they've been pretty receptive.

And your case does not sound acceptable at all.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Surefire's customer service has sucked for years.
    However I will not use any other brand of handheld light.
    So I only purchase good deals off of ebay and if it breaks I just throw it out.
    Up to this point the only thing that has broken are tailcaps and pocket clips.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBond View Post
    Psst-- please feel free to send them to me for discard in the future if that's the case.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Who are you guys emailing? I got no contact info whatsoever from them. I tried staying on the phone with him as I wanted the email in my inbox before I hung up but after about 10 minutes I let him off the hook. He said it was "in his outbox and he was having trouble sending it". True? Probably. The guy seemed honest and upfront, but it's still another tick mark in the "Problems with SF" list...

Quote Originally Posted by BillBond View Post
    Surefire's customer service has sucked for years.
    However I will not use any other brand of handheld light.
    Unfortunately, I have a $120 holster for my pistol with an x400v and that is the only reason I plan on keeping this light - that and there is really no other white light, ir illum, and ir laser combo pistol light on the market except the DBAL PL which has retarded switching. I have used Streamlight for almost a decade now with zero issues - ever. I'm sure many can say the same about SF (I have an M300 from ~2011 that is still G2G) but I have never had a SF Pistol light until this and it left a bad taste in my mouth.

My point is that I would be right there with you, but I have no other choice.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-28-16 at 09:46.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I've only dealt with their CS via email and it has always been quick responses. All I've had to replace is bad switches though and they just sent them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    My buddy had his x400v light die on him a while ago. Wouldn't you know mine died too.

It's enough for me to swear off SF altogether.
    This mirrors my experience with Surefire as well. If Elzetta is an option, then that is what I go with or Streamlight. The customer service is better with both companies and frankly Surefire lights have a horrible record with me, worse than Streamlight at this point. I honestly can't think of one item from them that has not broken within a year. My two 60 round mags from them did not even arrive working and I was totally unsatisfied with how they handled that situation. I wish that some other companies would get into the pistol light game and shake it up a bit.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    That's weird, I thought SF was well known to have great CS. I only used them once, and I think it was over email, but I remember being pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Excellent luck with SF customer service, warranty work, overhauls, and small parts.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast