Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parkland Event, THE comprehensive report

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Parkland Event, THE comprehensive report

This the most comprehensive report available to the public on the Parkland event I'm aware of. Time lines, vids, 911 calls, maps, all of it. However FUBAR you may think it was, it was worse then that. The opportunities to stop that kid before it ever started, and or, greatly reduce the death toll, missed by the staff and LE, is staggering.

A must read:

Two decades after Columbine and five years after Sandy Hook, educators and police still weren’t ready for Parkland.

http://projects.sun-sentinel.com/201...V7cn1nFCGF4mLI
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-04-19 at 10:48.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    This the most comprehensive report available to the public on the Parkland event I'm aware of. Time lines, vids, 911 calls, maps, all of it. However FUBAR you may think it was, it was worse then that. The opportunities to stop that kid before it ever started, and or, greatly reduce the death toll, missed by the staff and LE, is staggering.

A must read:

Two decades after Columbine and five years after Sandy Hook, educators and police still weren’t ready for Parkland.

http://projects.sun-sentinel.com/201...V7cn1nFCGF4mLI
    The only issue I see is that the people who really need to read this report will not because it, the truth, does not support their disarmament agenda.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    The only issue I see is that the people who really need to read this report will not because it, the truth, does not support their disarmament agenda.
    Agreed. I have never seen a better example of the futility of gun free zones, relying solely on LE, etc than this event. At no time did the shooter face any resistance at all. He simply ran out of ammo, and walked out of the school. The school staff aside, the level of fail from the top down by that PD borders on criminal negligence, but I know that will never happen. Best we will see may be a house cleaning of the PD, and a focus on the tool used and the NRA.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Just reading it now but I'd like to point out Chris Hixon, and athletic director and campus monitor that was unarmed and charged Cruz down a hall way and paid for it with his life.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Something else bizarre is that idiot Peterson getting on the radio and telling other officers to stay back 500 feet.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The tragedy of someone observing this guy coming on to campus with a rifle case and essentially doing nothing about it allowed this to happen.
    So you've got an armed shooter with a cased rifle coming on to a "Gun Free Zone" with no security or no one willing to enforce the security policies in place. It's honestly surprising we haven't had more of this.

Feedback Score
    I put this up in the other Parkland thread yesterday and feels it should be mentioned here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    The Sun Sentinel dropped this gem today. Sheriff Scott Israel: Big Talker, Disasterous Response In Parkland Shooting

TLDR version: The Sheriff still believes that he and his agency really did nothing wrong both at Parkland and the airport shooting event that preceded it. He constantly passes off the blame to deputies on scene, accepting no responsibility himself.

"As I’ve said before, I’ve done nothing wrong,” he said. “I’m not considering resigning or anything like that. I will remain the sheriff as long as the people of Broward County want me.”" - BSO Sheriff Scott Israel.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    I also have difficulty wrapping my mind around the multiple times this could have been stopped starting with he first useless "security" sighting of the shooter walking onto campus with a rifle bag. No one said a damn thing to anyone else even though they called him the "crazy kid" and seemed to know of his history there.
    Last edited by Vandal; 12-30-18 at 14:10.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    Just started reading it, but they don't even go over all the police calls to his house and the other disciplinary actions at school. What a complete cock-up.

Peterson is an un-indicted co-conspirator in this.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    The tragedy of someone observing this guy coming on to campus with a rifle case and essentially doing nothing about it allowed this to happen.
    So you've got an armed shooter with a cased rifle coming on to a "Gun Free Zone" with no security or no one willing to enforce the security policies in place. It's honestly surprising we haven't had more of this.
    It's insane, but people actually believe "gun-free zones" are exactly that - there's no other rational explanation for it. It's one thing to see him with a rifle case (and, honestly, how many "average" people would recognize it as such), it's another to comprehend that someone could actually bring a gun into a place you've declared "gun free". It's all part of the growing disconnect between being ultimately responsible for one's own safety and the idea that laws alone can protect us.

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Just started reading it, but they don't even go over all the police calls to his house and the other disciplinary actions at school. What a complete cock-up.

Peterson is an un-indicted co-conspirator in this.
    Peterson gets called out in the report for not recognizing the warning signs, in addition to him being assigned as SRO for a decade plus. Not having meaningful training/experience with the law enforcement aspect of a SRO can make someone go soft - add to this that many of the deputies interviewed don't recall ever receiving active-shooter training. When I was in LE, the SRO jobs went to the guys at the end of their career because it was seen as an easy gig to wile away their last few years. It's just dumb-luck that something didn't happen at any of those places, because those guys would've been just short of useless (the ones I knew). I certainly hope that's changed elsewhere, though it clearly didn't in Broward.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast