Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
I've lived far enough north where the sun doesn't really rise high enough in the winter to do much, and it really messed with me. The sun rose at like 9am and set at 3pm, and at noon it would be just high enough you could see the whole thing over the tall buildings. Of course it was overcast ninety five percent of the time, so you never saw it anyways. I never appreciated how great it is living in a southern latitude until that experience. I also used to live in an apartment that had a tanning bed in the gym, and that did make a noticeable difference in winter.

Honestly, though, it's really hard to get past the mental part, even with the tanning bed. I think the effects of living in a northerly latitude are almost entirely psychological.
Sounds like somewhere in Alaska. I won't credit Vite D with Alaska's highest in the nation suicide rate since we also have about the highest drug and alcohol abuse rates as well (maybe that's because of lack of Vite D).. who knows (shrug).. I don't take a Vite D supplement, but I probably should. Lack of light doesn't bother me. I make sure I get outside every day regardless of the weather.