Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry...citizens are entitled to compensation only under eminent domain.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sorry...citizens are entitled to compensation only under eminent domain.

Too bad, so sad.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/po...cid=spartanntp

This is wrong on so many levels. Would insurance even cover the damage?
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That is wrong.

They should, however, also sue the guy who the cops were after (at least see if he has anything to take).
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd bet Mr. Upstanding Citizen is judgment proof.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    wow. Not surprised given our current state of rights versus the all knowing and powerful government but sad.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    This is incredibly disgusting.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not surprised at all. Disgusted, yes. But no surprise here.

As long as your home/property is destroyed by LEO's, fvck you, deal with it! That certainly makes sense...

The shittier thing here is this guy is going to appeal, and waste more of his time and money and everyone is going to tell him to pound sand and EAD.

Sad thing, by law you aren't even allowed to harden your home to stop people from getting in to avert these situations.

You can't be allowed to do anything that would make it harder for the State/LEO's to bust in if they deem so fit, you know, for the greater good and all...
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    You couldn't write a Monty Python skit more stupid than that.

ETA
    Sad thing, by law you aren't even allowed to harden your home to stop people from getting in to avert these situations.

You can't be allowed to do anything that would make it harder for the State/LEO's to bust in if they deem so fit, you know, for the greater good and all...
    What?
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 10-30-19 at 13:07.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    You couldn't write a Monty Python skit more stupid than that.

ETA

What?
    I'll have to dig it up, but most municipalities have laws against certain fortifications of homes. The justification is that LEO's should not be stopped from getting in if they need to.

ETA: I can't find the statute for CO, The ones for New Jersey and Illinois come up easily on duck duck go reach, but I believe there is one stating it is illegal in CO to maintain a fortified residence. The specific language is "Designed to keep law enforcement from entering..." Which is ambiguous, because a fortification made to keep anyone from entering would also keep LEO's from entering.

This was a topic of discussion here on M4C a long time ago, hadn't thought of it much until this happened in GWV.
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 10-30-19 at 13:31.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    So I am not allowed a deadbolt lock?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    And people wonder why cops are hated.

40mm grenades, armor cars.

For a shoplifter. Yeah that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast