Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you know Holosun is made by China?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Same for me. Aimpoints and Trijicons may be higher quality, but my astigmatism makes them difficult to use on a good day. Holosun's circle dot reticle, however, is a game changer for me.
    Same here. old eyes. Let the naysayers post from their iPhones.

I am totally 100% pro USA but... life is complex but a singular source creates a situation where there will be the have and the have not.

So "no red dots for you!" said the RD NAZI. Now that mentality supports people like Ralph "Coonman" Northam the blackface governor from Virginia.

Just do what works for you and get over it.

Always support USA companies. You must put them in your 'arms portfolio" so to speak.

You want some Aimpoint, you want some BCM, you want some some DD, Geisele, Magpul, etc... Buy something from them so you appreciate what they bring to the table. SOLGW, SureFire, all the names you hear here. They are all top shelf and you need them. Unless of course you don't care about your right to the 2nd.

Buy the USA products when you can but use the Chinese stuff when it's necessary. Save your money for Black Friday... all the top USA brands give you a chance to get in the door at that time.

Sell China in August and buy USA in October.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    >Aimpoint - P1 battery is trash
    >Trijicon - pooched RMR closed emitter
    >Holosun - I got you fam

It’s basically that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    >Aimpoint - P1 battery is trash
    >Trijicon - pooched RMR closed emitter
    >Holosun - I got you fam

It’s basically that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, the Holosun pistol optics interested me, but unfortunately I had the opposite problem as some of the other posters here. The 207 made me think I have astigmatism, but a buddy said it was crisp for him. RMR works fine for both of us. I wanted to like it, because it is inexpensive and Cowan said it was durable. Try before you buy, I suppose.

Edit: I also like the idea of the circle dot because it might be a little easier to find on a less than perfect presentation. This is just hypothetical, though, because I didn’t play with it enough to test that idea.

Edit 2: I used a Holosun pistol optic yesterday, and the circle dot was perfectly clear.
    Last edited by 1168; 03-02-20 at 03:13.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Holosun is pretty much to pistol optics as BE Meyers is to IR laser/illuminators.

If the MAWL were $1000 and made in China. And literally nothing else changed. (Except that you could then buy a MAWL-DA without letterhead.)
    Uh. What?
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I guess you could call me a fence-sitter on this topic. I've seen Aimpoints, Trijicons, and EOTechs fail. I've seen the "others" fail as well. Everyone has their own idea of what is acceptable based on his or her own list of risk/reward factors.

I say figure out your own level of risk based on your own priorities. Want to run an ELCAN? Go for it. Want to run a budget optic? More power to you. It's your money and time you spent earning it. Do what you want. Don't want to run an optic? Feel free.

I just try to remember that some people can easily put out thousands of dollars for name-brand optics. Others have to "eat ramen" just to save up for a <insert budget optic here>. Some can't even afford anything more than irons. To each his own. It's your stuff, run what you want.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5whiskey View Post
    I guess you could call me a fence-sitter on this topic. I've seen Aimpoints, Trijicons, and EOTechs fail. I've seen the "others" fail as well. Everyone has their own idea of what is acceptable based on his or her own list of risk/reward factors.

I say figure out your own level of risk based on your own priorities. Want to run an ELCAN? Go for it. Want to run a budget optic? More power to you. It's your money and time you spent earning it. Do what you want. Don't want to run an optic? Feel free.

I just try to remember that some people can easily put out thousands of dollars for name-brand optics. Others have to "eat ramen" just to save up for a <insert budget optic here>. Some can't even afford anything more than irons. To each his own. It's your stuff, run what you want.
    Most of the guys I see using NCStar crap drive top-of-the-line Camaros or F250s. It baffles me, especially if its a duty weapon.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Most of the guys I see using NCStar crap drive top-of-the-line Camaros or F250s. It baffles me, especially if its a duty weapon.
    Fair enough. I guess that's what fit into their risk/reward matrix. It's most definitely not my first choice--in fact, I'd go without an optic at all, rather than buy something like that. But, again, that's me. I'm a buy once, cry once type. Within my parameters, I would choose something built a bit better, and still drive my 8yo Honda. Honestly, however, an optic is more of a want than need. I'm pretty comfortable running my irons out to the distances at which I'd need to engage. Therefore, I don't necessarily have a need for super high-end glass, and am just fine with something mid-range.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Uh. What?
    Holosun makes durable, reliable pistol optics.

They make pistol optics that don't shit the bed as often as RMRs or Deltapoint Pros and they don't blow through batteries like Acros.

They make pistol optics that offer improvements over the American and Swedish options that are not likely to be on the drawing board for those other companies (or, if they are, they weren't until Holosun showed up).

Holosun pistol optics do all this while being 25% or more less expensive than their American and Swedish competition.

And if the BE Meyers MAWL were made abroad, you could buy a full-power unit without letterhead.

I don't own a Holosun and I will not own a Holosun until the communist government of China collapses. But pretending that they aren't quality options is snob-ish, self-enforced ignorance; like burying your head in the sand and hoping this whole Austrian Tuperwear pistol nonsense will blow over and real guns will reign once more.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It's true that Holosun red dots are at least 25% cheaper than Swedish or US sights, but so are the Vortex dots made in the Phillipines. The only way we can move production from China is by voting with our wallets.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-02-20 at 08:06.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    It's true that Holosun red dots are at least 25% cheaper than Swedish or US sights, but so are the Vortex dots made in the Phillipines. The only way we can move production from China is by voting with our wallets.

Andy
    Labor unions completely disagree. Here in the states at least.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast