Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A bombproof but reasonably lightweight adjustable stock?

Feedback Score

A bombproof but reasonably lightweight adjustable stock?

Looking to replace the milspec stock with a new one that’s much tougher but reasonably lightweight. After some searching I narrowed it to BCM Gunfighter and Magpul SL, so I’m looking to see if anyone has experience with these. The BCM latch and lock pin design looks interesting and very strong, though not sure how the Magpul compares. However in the wild I seem to not see very many BCM stocks, while quite a few Magpul SL out in the field. How do they compare?

If not these, what is the strongest stock that goes on a carbine buffer tube?
    Last edited by a9862; 07-16-20 at 11:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Really 6 of 1, half dozen of the other.

If I remember correctly, the BCM will avoid breaking by letting the latch jump out of engagement on a drop. Also, IIRC, the Magpul is at least as strong as their older designs which did well in the buttstock bash fest test.

The first BCM I had wiggled as much as an N or waffle stock and I wasn't too impressed, but i picked up another last year and it is probably my favorite stock.

I have 2 SL stocks and they lock up solid, but now in the parts bin due to not really lending themselves to a piece of inner tube for sling management which is a gripe i have with any of the A frame type stock designs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    The first BCM I had wiggled as much as an N or waffle stock and I wasn't too impressed, but i picked up another last year and it is probably my favorite stock.
    Was this the same buffer tube or different? If same buffer tube, then quality control of the BCM stock might be in question.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a9862 View Post
    Was this the same buffer tube or different? If same buffer tube, then quality control of the BCM stock might be in question.
    Same extension, but stocks purchased several years apart. The first 1 was 6 months to a year after BCM brought them out. I assume just a fluke because I have never read about anyone else having a sloppy one and the 2nd one is as good as I could want.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Or they tweaked the ID of stock where it joins BT.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    BCM Gunfighter - locks up like a bank vault on LMT and BCM REs.

I have them on all of my ARs, they have all been great.

Feedback Score
    I like both. But the BCM doesn’t work as well with my sling set up. It won’t let my QD swivel sit right.

Good like finding any AR furniture right now.

Feedback Score
    How does the BCM do in extreme weather and temperatures? It can be quite chilly here in North Dakota.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There are also the B5 Bravo and LWRC UCIW stocks.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    ive seen a BC stock break during a mortaring exercise. On the top where the two pieces come together.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast