Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CR 123 Photo Batteries in SF Lights

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

CR 123 Photo Batteries in SF Lights

How is a "Photo" battery harmful to a light?

From SF's web site:

Will using non-SureFire brand batteries void my SureFire warranty?
    Using genuine Panasonic®, Duracell® or Energizer® batteries will not void your warranty, but using any other non-SureFire brand will void it.

and

SureFire recommends the use of only SureFire-brand 123A lithium batteries or those manufactured by Panasonic®, Energizer®, and Duracell®. However, do not use any batteries marked "Photo" or "Camera" in SureFire illumination tools.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    So 123 batteries are not all a like? Is it that they are the lithium versions?

In CR123A, what does the CR and A mean, and what does it mean if they aren't there?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All I know is that all batteries are not created equal. I have had a few Energizer AA Lithiums blow on me. Unfortunately I still have cases of Energizer Lithiums and still use them, but prefer Duracell.

CR123A I just buy from SF and don't have to think about it. If you get on their news letter they sometimes have battery specials and I usually just grab a few boxes then.
    Last edited by M4Fundi; 11-09-09 at 22:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    So 123 batteries are not all a like? Is it that they are the lithium versions?

In CR123A, what does the CR and A mean, and what does it mean if they aren't there?
    check this data out...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ad.php?t=67078

I think the surefire batteries are made by Energiszer?

ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It has been awhile since I read the candle power forum report, but I think all the Made if USA batteries are made at one factory by duracell?
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Hello Mr. Submariner,

The reason is that photo/camera 3 volt lithium batteries can be drawn from on by cameras differently than our flashlights. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at the below telephone number.

Thank you,

James Scannell
    Technical Support Representative
    Can anyone explain this?
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Camera has less power requirements than a SF flashlight I guess. Camera batteries are not as robust and not designed for a flashlight's power requirements.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Sub,
    It's probably not a direct analogy, but think about a standard car battery vs. a deep cycle battery you'd use for a trolling motor. They both may be 12 volts, but different applications draw power differently. A light needs power at a relatively constant rate on-off but a camera needs both a small draw constantly and then big "bursts" for a flash.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My brother in the AF gets issued Kodak CR123 batteries.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    They are in the stock system and we ordered them as well when I was in the USCG in the middle east. We never had issues with lights exploding or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    My brother in the AF gets issued Kodak CR123 batteries.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast