Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boker Cop Tool

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Boker Cop Tool

I was looking at one of these as GP type tool.

They are pretty cheap at around $35.

The leather sheath kind of sucks but their is a kydex sheath available for it.

Anyone have one?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Not me personally, interested in a second-hand review?

An acquaintance is a police sergeant, and he purchased one of the original ones from Wilson. He liked it, as he spent a lot of time scraping stickers, prying open screen doors, cutting wire, etc. He has a nice Emerson I sold him, and prefers not to hork up the edge on it, saving it for weapon retention duties.

I can ask him if he's still got it, and likes it.

I have thought about getting one of the Boker ones for the glove box several times.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    He has a nice Emerson I sold him, and prefers not to hork up the edge on it, saving it for weapon retention duties.
    That is why I was thinking about it.

Feedback Score
    I have one on the way from SMKW. $31 on sale.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Feedback Score
    I bought one back in June and I love it. I was dissapointed in the case.

I was wearing it IWB and blade started to get some discoloration on the blade. Had to start cleaing it daily to prevent any damage. I had a local knife shop make me a IWB kydex sheath. That has helped.

When wilson had made there original tool they had a kydex sheath with the tool now that Boker has it now you have to buy the kydex sheath seperate.

Wilson should have told Boker to sell the kydex sheath with the knife or keep selling the tool themself's.

Feedback Score
    My cop tool came with a threaded glass breaker on the tang. I attempted to break the passenger side window on a junked 9 year old Grand Am that was being hauled off to the crap yard. After several blows to different parts of the windows the glass breaker tip became unusable. I removed the six sided glass breaker with a wrench and contacted Boker to see if I could buy a replacement breaker. The CS/repair rep said there is no removable glass breaker on the cop tool. It is listed in some descriptions of the Cop Tool and not listed in others. I noticed that there are 2 different product numbers for the Cop tool 02BO300 and BKBO300. The left side of the "blade" on my Cop Tool says 4100. Are there different versions of the Cop Tool?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Any pics?

Feedback Score
    Boker CS rep emailed me back. I have the new version of the Cop Tool that she didnt know existed. She said to send it back for replacement since they dont have any replacement glass breakers.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Any pics?
    Let me try to find my camera before I package the CT up to return to Boker.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought a Boker cop tool last summer and I thought it was okay. The metal was soft but as a pry bar and utility tool/cutter to use instead of using your knife it is a good alternative. I broke the tip of my Emerson prying open a window! The sheath is OK if you are wearing a thin belt but it won't fit a 2" duty belt. I believe kydex is available now. I have a Air Force SP who was deploying and thought he would use it more than I so it given to him

I should of bought the original Wilson tool before the price skyrocketed a couple years ago. Last month, I saw an original Wilson on the TOS EE and I got it for a great price. It is D2 steel and you can feel it in your hands, as it is heavier. The sheath is a nice kydex and it holds it securely in place. It has cut /pried everything thrown at it. The only thing I see is the Wilson has para-cord which I personally like but for cleaning after getting dirty(body fluids) I could see the handles of the Boker model easier to clean/sterilize than para-cord. It would be nice if the Wilson came with this handle option.
    Now does anybody have a Wilson Tanto cop tool for sale.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast