View Poll Results: Want a SC Training Group?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, about time.

32 100.00%
  • Training Group?, We don't need no stinking Training Group.

0 0%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: SC "Palmetto State" Region Train Forum

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm up in Asheville and so only about an hour away if you put something together around Greenville I would be interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

Feedback Score
    I'm in Aiken and willing to travel, I'm new to the AR world so i would love to learn somethings.

Feedback Score
    Is this still going to happen? I'd definitely be interested if so.

Feedback Score
    Keeping the thread alive, also live in the upstate and would be interested in joining in a shoot in the area! Also, live in the upstate.
    Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    OK guys, I have been freaking slammed at work since I first posted about getting something together. I also got handed a great opportunity for us. I am directing a new carbine match at the Skip J Range in Anderson. I really want to thank the Club Director Jerry James for this opportunity, as it is something our area sorely needed.

I didn't announce the 1st match just to see what kind of turnout the club roster would bring and we did pretty good. So, for now, the 3rd Saturday of the Month will be the Skip J Range Tactical Carbine match here in Anderson. Here is a posted AAR I just did up on this past weekend's match.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=83423

here is an cool video some shooter took with his helmet cam...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrFZ-61mktM

This will be a carbine only match for now. The match fee is $12. We do have a great shotgun and IDPA pistol match every month as well, so if you have interest come out for those too.

As far as a meet date goes, when will be a good date for you guys? Possibly the 29th of July? This date is not a date announcement, just checking to see if it is a good one for you all?

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I was going to be there but had to back out.
    I plan on being there for the next one.

What are you planning for a "meet" on the Friday the 29th? Would this be a shoot or just a meet and greet?

Great video by the way and thanks for all the effort of getting folks together.

Looking forward to participating.
    Scoby

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”, 1764

Feedback Score
    That date works for me.

On another note, anybody around Columbia that would like to train at MCRC, let me know. Current shooting buddy has schedule (work) problems.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just join MCRC in April. I've shot a couple IDPA matches and spent some time with the plate machine and with the AR in the plinking bay this past weekend. I might be interested in meeting up to run some drills sometime.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Only ever so slightly related, gents: I'm going to be in Charleston, SC, from 7-14 July.

I'll be staying over the 9-10 July weekend, and was wondering as to whether there are any worthwhile shooting venues within the Hilton Head/Columbia/Myrtle Beach arc. Trying to stay within a 2hr drive.

Also interested if there are any worthwhile training entities conducting pistol classes in the same area, just in case I find myself in the mood for something structured.

I'll be working around the geeks at SPAWAR, and I don't expect them to know dick about the practice/use of firearms outside of an XBOX controller, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    There is a USPSA match at Mid Carolina Rifle Club in Columbia. Not sure what else is available in the low country.

As a general heads up, be careful driving through small towns - speed enforcement generates revenue and many towns are pretty strict. North Charleston is a high crime area as well.

http://www.midcarolinarifleclub.com/...11/07/29/40|39

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast