Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Guitarists?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My second job.

The wall at the house.

Just a very small sample of the collection.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just received a 2012 Les Paul Traditional. The neck is just a little bit beefier / thicker by about .020 than my mid 70s LP. I'm in the process of relicing with the hardware, Dead Mint Club, Tonepros etc. The chrome has to go. I'm satisfied with the stock pickups, no reason to change. I've got a 59 and JB in my another LP as well as the SG, always liked that combo.

fixit, I responded to your private message.. send the pics, I'll up them for you and email the urls.
    Last edited by jmp45; 09-25-21 at 20:52.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Got a little busy...

Will do JMP. But I don't see a message from you on PM. Did I miss somthing?

Sweet LP, like the pickup combo. The jazz is great with the JB too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey JMP, would you go in to more detail about what you are doing to the LP?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So far Dead Mint Club (DMC) relic'd pup covers and knobs. I have a DMC abr, tail and studs. The ABR doesn't have a wire so I don't think I want to mess with it. I put on a tonepros bridge and tail aged nickel. The tuners are relic'd tonepro klusons, they look it and period correct. With the press in bushings I was concerned about tuning issues, not a problem. Big bends are ok. All hardware will be nickel and relic'd, finish will happen over time. Neck and nut has been plek'd. My first experience with a plek'd instrument. I do all my own leveling and dressing. Out of all the guitars I've owned, this is one of four or five that didn't have any issues. If this is the case for all plek'd guitars I think it should be a standard in building processes for quality instruments. I'm hyper critical about action, setup and playability. I'm sold on that process.

I aged a nickel pickguard bracket using white vinegar overnight, turned out great. Thought I'd update a shot of the top at this stage without the guard. Interesting how the flame disappears in certain lighting and angles.

Last edited by jmp45; 08-02-18 at 20:12.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I know, necro post time, not again.. I picked up a 2016 Firebird this spring and I'm really jazzed about this guitar. I was really surprised that the mini ceramic mag humbuckers sound as good as they do. Just thought I'd post a pic of the Gibbys and to see what the other guys of the same interest have been up to.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I somehow missed this thread. Cool to see it resurrected! \m/\m/

Well, back in the day all my friends played guitar and I played drums. As I got older I decided to try my hand at guitar. I started playing guitar in 2004, and I've enjoyed it. I'm a rhythm player with no ambition to play lead. I do enjoy hammering down on some power chords though. It'll be pretty obvious what my music taste is by my guitars.

I've paired my gear down to a three guitars, a Peavey Studio Pro 112, and a Line 6 UX2 Tone Port on the computer which I haven't used in a few years. I've owned some absolute gem guitars over the years, but as I got older I found more and more of them just sat around in the case collecting dust so I ended up moving them down the road.

My favorite is a heavily modded Charvel Model 2. EMG 81, old school 80's German Original Floyd Rose, Musikraft neck, and paint job done by Paul of Big Head Guitars. This guitar has the best plugged and unplugged tone of any guitar I've ever held.

Another Charvel Model 2 with the only upgrade being a German Original Floyd Rose.

Peavey Destiny Custom all original.

Here are a few highlights of guitars I used to own. The first one is really the only one I have twinges of guilt over selling every now and then. It a early ESP Lynch Skulls n Snakes. Great tone and perfect C shape Fender style neck.

The Gibson Standard 60's neck is pretty much heaven for me which brings up a Gibson Standard I used to own. I really liked the Burstbucker Pro pickups in them too. I ended up selling it because I was too scared/paranoid to put a scratch or ding on it, and it was another guitar collecting dust.

I also used to own this USA Jackson Fusion Demon Lightning Strikes. It was insanely clean, and I loved the ebony board on it, but I just couldn't make myself like the thin wide short scale neck on it. It was a cool looker though.

There are quite a few more guitars that have passed through my hands, but these are the memorable ones for me. I will say that I've owned several USA made guitars, and there's a reason I scaled down to just two made in Japan guitars for a while. My made in Japan Charvel Model 2's did everything that my made in the USA guitars did and for a lot less money. I definitely echo someone else's statement earlier in this thread that a $500.00 guitar can play as well as a $1200.00 guitar.

The only reason I picked up the Peavey Destiny is that it was in a local pawn shop and I have 350 bucks in it. It has a comfortable C shaped neck, and I do dig the ebony board. The primary reason I picked it up though was that the shop didn't know what it was worth and I did.
    Last edited by RazorBurn; 08-03-18 at 12:26.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like the first charvel you posted RB. I don't have any experience with those. The closest thing I have to a hot rodded strat is my 90's HM.

This first gen Parker Nitefly gets quite a bit of play, pretty much daily. Surprising fantastic tone and neck is perfect profile for me.

I favor vintage Marshalls, but I may check out the new Marshall Origin 50w head. Curious about those. The studio.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've recently gone balls deep on practicing again. The $1k range Korean guitars are a very good balance of quality and price for a non-gigging player.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a couple Korean Epis that play great. Some of the few guitars I have that I didn't need to fret level and dress. Mark, Is that LP a Greco?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast