Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
Ballistol basically has all those properties and won't seize up like the cooking oil lubes do. I think froglube et al is great for guns that are strictly for range use, but carry and nightstand guns need a real lubricant.
Funny, my guns do not sit on the nightstand, they get fielded daily, carried daily, sweat, lint, dirt, blood, shit, corona, you name it. I get temps that range from 100F down to -30F seasonally. To this day I have not had FrogLube seize anything up: "cooking oil lubes" is up for healthy debate considering they are not simply oils as processed for cooking: they have additives and go through chemical processes that alter their molecular structure. This goes back to the false claims by an internet "academic" (I know him) who started the cooking oil myth because he had it spectrum analyzed. The spectrum analysis was not scientifically high resolution in it's results to differentiate FireClean from Canola oil and other oils for that matter. All of the other conjecture is purely anecdotal. Let's face it people are resistant to embracing new technology and rightfully so. However, my FrogLube and Otis Bio CLP does dry up and lead to stoppages, and it's sitting next my my jewels all day and I don't worry about it. I have used several "high end" lubes that have left me high and dry scrubbing carbon off my guns. Some of it's MSDS properties have multiple carcinogenic chemical present, and some of it smells downright Kroil like. I treat my guns like I treat my women: I keep them close, clean, and ride them hard and leave them wet..