I don't think this is going to be an AR-15 replacement except for someone who is just dedicated to doing something different. To me this is more a gun lover/collector's gun. Nothing wrong with this since, honestly, every gun most people buy past a basic AR, 870 or J-frame/Shield is pretty much a toy . It is likely Springfield didn't do anything to hurt the gun since it appears they brought it in an faux sporter configuration and just put some 922R parts on it (the way FN did with the SCAR back when they still came from Europe). I think this will likely be a cool piece much like an AK,Tavor, AUG, FS2000, FNC, etc. And there is also a reasonable chance this gun will not be imported forever and then will be even more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostRider View Post
Agree with the above 100%

I have an X95 that I've become very fond of with one exception... support parts availability. I always want to have spare springs, firing pins, bolts... wear items that can fail. So far I can't get them... been waiting a long time for the bolt kits and such to come back in stock. This is my only real complaint about my little green machine.
Sooo...
If Springfield can bring this pup in without dicking it up mechanically affecting durability/reliability and can provide support parts for it I might find myself a player.
If it is a true copy of the military/combat proven gun... minus the giggle switch... it might be worth the chance. The price is pretty high though so the gun had better meet expectations.
If we allowed the automotive industry to treat us the way the gun industry does... as guinea pigs... there would be a lot of wrecks along the sides of the road.