Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else afflicted with the "One trip from the car to the house" disease?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    On a similar note, ever go into the grocery store for a "few" things, and therefore skip the little hand-held baskets (don't even mention a cart!), but find yourself doing a juggling/balancing act as you plod towards the checkout line, wishing that you had indeed actually grabbed the little basket? I do it ALL the time.
    It usually happens because I go to the store to buy some TP and by the time I get to the back of the stores I get 15 texts from my wife to pick up more items. So instead of going back up front to get a cart I just try to carry everything. Because, you know, it is easier that way.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One plastic bag on each finger? You can put at least 5-10 on your forearms and then grab a bunch with your hands to prevent the ones on your forearms from sliding off. Gotta stay balanced though. The limit is your walking weight - thats it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    My wife says it is a "guy thing". I don't make two trips, ONE and done! I'll hang grocery bags from every finger, hell I'd hang one (or more) around my neck if I could. Same with after work and my gym bag, mail, and maybe a few things from the liquor store or quickie mart. One trip baby! I find it a challenge sometimes. My wife rolls her eyes and says "Oh for God's sake, I'll make another trip". Nope, I WILL succeed!
    I live by the same philosophy. Plastic bags with handles were designed by people like us.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    It usually happens because I go to the store to buy some TP and by the time I get to the back of the stores I get 15 texts from my wife to pick up more items. So instead of going back up front to get a cart I just try to carry everything. Because, you know, it is easier that way.
    next time you buy TP put it on last ! and ask the checker if you think that is enough for the food ya just bought hahahahaha

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    One plastic bag on each finger? You can put at least 5-10 on your forearms and then grab a bunch with your hands to prevent the ones on your forearms from sliding off. Gotta stay balanced though. The limit is your walking weight - thats it.
    I have to hit the garage close button and open the door though ! so I often am unbalanced !
    my grab method can be to complex to set down and pick up again easy so I just suffer hahahhaha

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    I have to hit the garage close button and open the door though !
    Thats what noses, elbows and hat bills are for!

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock82 View Post

You are correct sir!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock82 View Post

I wish for me cant reach the garage door button without leaning out

BUT what happens to me on the door handles they are those sideways lever types and when I push it with overloaded bags is one ALWAYS slips off and gets caught then I have to wrestle it off AND it has this stupid curl thing at the end that is a pain with one hand to release the bag from

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Oh Hell yeah.

If you don’t carry a bag from each finger you are probably gay, or female.
    All you guys with your fingertip carrying technique: Amateurs.

I run the bag handles along the forearm from elbow to wrist, on each arm, and that leaves both hands free for keys, door handles and knobs, smacking' the kid upside the head for carrying to little, coppin' a feel on the wife, carrying even more bags at once, etc...
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    All you guys with your fingertip carrying technique: Amateurs.

I run the bag handles along the forearm from elbow to wrist, on each arm, and that leaves both hands free for keys, door handles and knobs, smacking' the kid upside the head for carrying to little, coppin' a feel on the wife, carrying even more bags at once, etc...
    Agreed. Mentioned it in post #32.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast