Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Anyone still .40 S&W?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I could live with the occasional brass to head situation. But less than 100 percent reliability was not acceptable. The who bought it from me even mentioned a malf he had at the range. I remember all the prayer fixes that were floating around the forum. Different extractors and combinations of this and that. I was so annoyed the Glock screwed up a perfectly designed pistol.
    I guess one can find a few here and there with an issue, but for the most part, they are super reliable.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 202 View Post
    I guess one can find a few here and there with an issue, but for the most part, they are super reliable.
    I don't know what the failure rate was at that time. But there was ongoing threads on the problem here back then. I think it was specifically the 9mm Glocks. The whole thing just sickened me. I don't know the history of Glock USA, etc. But my gut tells me Glock, like Sig now, got polluted with "American Mediocrity" when they started moving things to America.

Christ. This Gen 4 G22 has factory Glock night sights which are mechanically zeroed, but the thing hits a foot high and left at 45 yards. I have to shoot it of a rest this weekend and configure sights that will be shootable for practice. That's pretty annoying.
    Last edited by markm; 05-22-24 at 09:25.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Anyone still .40 S&W?

Christ. This Gen 4 G22 has factory Glock night sights which are mechanically zeroed, but the thing hits a foot high and left at 45 yards. I have to shoot it of a rest this weekend and configure sights that will be shootable for practice. That's pretty annoying.
    Good luck. I hope you have fun in the process.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 202 View Post
    Good luck. I hope you have fun in the process.
    I will. The gun runs good, so that's great. If I dial the POI in, I'll shoot the heck out of it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I will. The gun runs good, so that's great. If I dial the POI in, I'll shoot the heck out of it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Definitely 9mm over .40 for all the reasons already discussed in this thread, but I'm a big believer in having options. I remember not too many years ago when 9mm was wildly overpriced or out of stock everywhere, I bought several cases of .40 and it's still on a shelf in the basement. Did move on from some guns though; kept a stainless slide USP compact and a homebrew Glock. A few years ago I was bitten by the poly80 bug pretty badly, I ended up building a few, and one I built into G23 type with a bunch of aftermarket parts. Shot it enough to break it in and make it cycle reliably, and I think it's been in the safe ever since, but I like the idea that if I ever have to relocate professionally to a left coast state, the USP is on the roster (IIRC), and I can have the frankengun just for range play.

Feedback Score
    Not much you can do about the height, but check that alignment of the rear sight.

If you aren’t putting a dot on it, these are a good low cost option…

https://www.amazon.com/Glock-Perfect.../dp/B0047T2VIY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Not much you can do about the height, but check that alignment of the rear sight.

If you aren’t putting a dot on it, these are a good low cost option…

https://www.amazon.com/Glock-Perfect.../dp/B0047T2VIY
    Ameriglo has a good selection of different height front sights. I just need to shoot it off the rest to get a calculation of which one I need.

That Amazon link is and interesting cheap option. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I banged the rear sight all the way to the right in the dove tail and shot the pistol again today. Windage is good, and it's only 2-3" high at 25 yards. So I'm leaving it as-is.

Interesting comment from junior. He shot this 40 cal today. Had to slow down and mind his fundamentals, and he felt that it made him shoot the 9mm better. I'd always thought the opposite... 9mm is a practice round for full power pistol shooting, but maybe he's onto something.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213