Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk bare-bones BOK

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Allow me to qualify something, when I heard "bare bones" I was presuming as small and basic a kit as possible that would be supplemented by a more definitive set once hemorrhage had been controlled. For a SWAT team setup like you're describing I would recommend A LOT more than bare bones.

I'd agree to go with the 6" as the most versatile.

The ACS issue depends on whether you can fit twice as many of the 50 as you can the 100. Two 50s would be better than one 100. Honestly though four 50s or two 100s is the ideal. It's easier to put two 50s in one hole than split a 100 between two.

This is where combat gauze is maybe a better choice since it can be used to pack wounds where the ACS can't be used to wrap.

It's just a bit more flexible. As a general principle I prefer general use items to one-application gadgets.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the responses. I know this is a highjack to the original thread but, having read posts by both of you guys over time, if possible, I would like to expand on this.

We are conducting team training and our Tac Medics (P's) are working with me on developing the program. I generally do not agree with the KISS principle or training for the LCD but in this case that is the only realistic option. Because of this, we have standardized on the large Eagle Med pouch on the upper left side of the rear panel of our armor, in a standardized location. That pouch is to contain a SOF-T TQ, an Olaes, NPA, 2 cravats w/safety pins, 4x4's, gauze, gloves, Sharpie, 2 petroleum gauze, tape, compression wrap, the 2 50 mg Quickclot 1st Responder sponges/gauze, and hopefully 3.25 14 ga catheter needle. At the same time, each officer is to have a pouch, accessible to them, on the front right side of their armor containing another SOFT-T and Olaes. Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    Last edited by MIKE G; 05-08-17 at 22:49.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That's pretty cool doc, thanks!

ETA:
    Just realized you got a 6" Oales in there! That's a big bitch!
    Last edited by rob_s; 12-02-09 at 15:51.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thanks for doing the heavy lifting, DOC.

Any reason not to add lube for the NPA?
    Last edited by Submariner; 12-02-09 at 15:58.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    The Olaes is a great bandage.... None of my Whiskey instructors at Ft Sam that I showed it to had seen them before.
    How can this be? Does it lack an NSN?
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    How can this be? Does it lack an NSN?
    NSN: 6510-01-558-3443

http://www.tacmedsolutions.com/07/pr....php?prod_id=3

I think they are not Berry compliant for mil sales though, if it applies to med kit. Made in CHINA, sterilized in the USA.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    NSN: 6510-01-558-3443

I think they are not Berry compliant for mil sales though, if it applies to med kit. Made in CHINA, sterilized in the USA.
    So Israeli Battle Dressings are made in the USA?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast