Since I was one of those "I don't need the best" guys in the beginning of my AR experience I have to say this. I can spend $105 on a Del-Ton BCG, and have, not knowing exactly what I am getting. Or I can spend $140 on a Bravo Company BCG and know the bolt is HP/MPI tested and is at least held to Mil-Spec standards. Same with the upper, lowers, barrels, etc.
It's a relatively small difference in price to know that the part will more than likely not only work and fit correctly, but even stand up to abuse.
I just read a posting about a bolt from Del-Ton that sheared lugs off after less than 500 rounds. That's not saying they all do, but when is the last time you heard of a BCM Bolt failing in 500 rounds?
I don't like wasting money and do not have to have the best. I can't afford it. But I've learned over the years that in the long run, I don't save anything by buying the least expensive. Now I pay the extra for a part I know will stand up and work correctly.
Buy once, cry once. I have a big tupperware tub full of cheap parts I bought over the years. None are in or on my rifles anymore.
Dave