Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
Ive had cam pins that have crazy groves in them when I cleaned them last. It was strange and didn't look normal.

Edit: Damn that video explained exactly what I was referring. But I dont understand why flipping them around makes any difference. I hear the guy but dont understand why it matters. Educate me Titsonritz.

PB
Because the wear becomes consistent, essentially forms a custom fit. Flipping it around will make different wear on both sides. Picture this, if you never once removed your cam pin it will have a little on one side and lot on the opposite side, if you flip it around it will wear a lot on both sides. This wear will over time will oblong the cam pin hole in the bolt. The two most common places a bolt will fail are the lugs on either side of the extractor and the cam pin hole. I'm sure it is a minor issue and will only come into play with high volume users, but I'll take what I can get for nothing but a consistent practice. At least that is what I'm getting out it and hope my dribble makes sense as I'm a few drinks deep.

I think FCD's site description is perfectly accurate when it calls this as a "why didn't I think of it" moment.