Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prices and Availably of Guns and Ammo may jump Sharply!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    in 1986 the Full auto weapons sale went through the roof.turning it into a rich mans sport.
    in 1994 anything grandfathered in doubled and tripled in price in some places ,
    until the "neutered weapons with no bayonet lugs ,thumb hole stocks and low cap mags showed up Mac-11 went from 200 to 500 dollars.

weapons where stopped in 86 from being imported from China so all the polytech AK and Norincos jumped up in price I had 3 , two AKS price was 275 out the door I sold for over 650 . the legend I had i got for 600 I sold for 1000.
    ammo dried up cheap 65 dollar cases of 7.62x39 was gone it jumped to 200 a case here in the south .if you could find it and it was the death of good deals at gun shows

2008 was a cluster **** ammo was no where to be found ,BCG's and lowers doubled in price.

I had to pay $200 for a BCM BCG just to get my build done and until late 2009 early 2010 i could barely fine ammo .I Only had about 200 rds

and not to mention the price gouging on P-mags people where doing in 09
    Last edited by warpigM-4; 10-17-12 at 11:56.

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yes, I remember the '08 scare as I was just starting my AR15 build. I got the lower and a few mags right away just to make sure but then later on in '09 I bought the stuff from BCM to build the rest. By that time they had BCG's and bbls etc. in stock pretty regularly.

I just picked up a stripped lower and then bought a BCG from BCM to start another one. I keep picking the worst times to build.

Trying to get ammo sucked back then. I luckily had what I thought was a lot then (not much to me now). I am better prepared this time around. Interesting to know the prices back then though. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Nothing will happen. It was just a rant by obama. They have tried a few things only to get shot down. Like the magazine ban....yeah that so well for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    Nothing will happen. It was just a rant by obama. They have tried a few things only to get shot down. Like the magazine ban....yeah that so well for them.
    I would not bet on that.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    I would not bet on that.
    I would. Obama could try, but it would never get approved.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    I would. Obama could try, but it would never get approved.
    I wouldn't rule out an executive order. He's proven pretty willing to bypass everyone else with these in his first term. And as he promised the Soviet prez, he will be more flexible in the second term. I honestly believe the man is a traitor who would not stop at anything.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Timing is everything and pending elections tend to silence political agendas but I think a lot of damage could be unleashed through back door attacks such as taxes and regulatory restrictions against the manufacturers of the components that make ammunition, magazine makers and other possible changes to ATF regulations.

Maybe a little at a time or a lot all at once, who knows but it depends how desperate the politician is or what swing there is in public opinion after a major shooting event.

Never say never and if it happen before it can happen again as history has a habit of repeating its self.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    I don't put anything past Obummer, He s a sneaky relentless scumbag maggot that would do anything publicly or privately to get his way, Remember his entire philosophy is based on 60's radicals and Chicago thuggery
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 10-17-12 at 21:48.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I suspect price and availability will surely take a hit either way. Thinks will get harder to find and more expensive. The 45ACP "shortage" of 2009 taught me that and the price increases of ammo at the first of this year has pretty much held. Last December I paid $4.50 for a box of Federal 193 or 855 in single quantities.

I worry about the availability of ammo more than anything. In 2009 I often had to shoot hp ammo for range sessions. Standard fmj range ammo was not to be found.. Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    I think adding a Colt LE6920MP-OD to the safe (locally) for $1139 is not a bad idea. Going to a show this weekend, it will be interesting to see where the prices go.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast