Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt socom finish really rough...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    OP, after 6 pages of this nonsense, why don't you post a friggen picture to show everyone what started the whole shit-show?
    Last edited by a0cake; 07-28-12 at 19:36.

Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by a0cake View Post
    OP, after 6 pages of this nonsense, why don't you post a friggen picture to show everyone what started the whole shit-show?
    The OP's second (and last) post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by |Troy| View Post
    Well, I would post a pic but the pic already posted of the parts box is pretty much what I am talking about. It isn't quite as bad as that and I suspect the oil and sheen on that receiver makes it look worse in that pic. I was pretty much picturing in my mind the marks coming from exactly that, only I thought it was probably a bunch of lowers crated together. I could care less about the marks personally, espescially since it isn't totally abnormal, knock on wood..... At least now you'll know to look I guess and not buy if it bothers you- better than seeing it when you get home.....

Thanks for the response guys!
    It doesn't seemed like he is anywhere near as disturbed as some others in this thread.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wetidlerjr View Post
    The OP's second (and last) post in this thread.

It doesn't seemed like he is anywhere near as disturbed as some others in this thread.
    Yeah, well, the parts in the box are absolutely flawless. So if his statement is true, this thread is literally about nothing. A picture of the actual rifle in question is the only possible thing that could make it about something.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post

I'm said my piece. A parting though, if Colt can do it some of the time, they can do it all the time.
    No one that puts out as many guns as Colt does and completes the testing that they do. In order to do this, guns are stacked on top of one another in large qty (as pictured).

To be honest, the fact that SOME Colt's have no marks on them is a testament to the quality and hardness of the anodizing!

Colt ONLY knows how to make guns one way. Either accept it or don't, but realize that comparing them to much smaller AR manufacturers that has never held a large contract for the Military is just a waste of time.

Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 07-28-12 at 21:06.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    No one that puts out as many guns as Colt does and completes the testing that they do. In order to do this, guns are stacked on top of one another in large qty (as pictured).

To be honest, the fact that SOME Colt's have no marks on them is a testament to the quality and hardness of the anodizing!

Colt ONLY knows how to make guns one way. Either accept it or don't, but realize that comparing them to much smaller AR manufacturers that has never held a large contract for the Military is just a waste of time.

C4
    Well put. And the last line is signature line material. If
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Well put. And the last line is signature line material. If
    already done
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    I picked up a NIB Colt 6920 yesterday. The finish is pretty good except for a couple of dings on the narrow/sharp edges of the picatinny rails, one thread on the buffer tube that the castle nut was tightened over lost its finish and is showing bare metal, there are a few tiny dings elsewhere. But everything else is solid as a rock. Do i wish the finish was better? Yes, but oh well... The thing shoots great. This damn Colt is helping me get over my OCD towards gun finishes, I knew what I was getting into by getting a Colt.

Also, the secondary latch on the Rogers SuperStock is CHEAP!!!!!! My dad actually bent the plastic, doh!
    Last edited by texit; 07-28-12 at 22:12.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by texit View Post

Also, the secondary latch on the Rogers SuperStock is CHEAP!!!!!!
    I dumped mine for a standard M4 stock. I saw no advantage, that lock came open when the guy at the range next to me farted.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Feedback Score
    Colt builds damn good AR's - for many, many years they were the absolute Gold standard- everyone knew who #1 was; the only thing open for discussion was who was #2

Only recently have other players like Daniel Defense and BCM come into the equation- what is telling is that you can ask Marty Daniels or Paul at BCM and both of them will tell you how good Colt carbines are

They have built a lot of good guns for a very long time- I have used Colt carbines in combat and they did the job I asked of it- I now use DD rifles on a regular basis as many of you know but I will always have a soft spot for Colt

Because of this I personally can overlook a few dings in the finish- because I know you can count on a Colt when you need it most

LAV

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Damn this thread brought the LAV out of the woodwork!

It can officially die now
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast