Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig 516

Feedback Score

Sig 516

I for one have not joined up with the Piston band wagon, But have looked into them. While looking at a Sig 516 I saw this listed under the description on a sellers site...

"In recent tests by an undisclosed government group, the SIG SAUER 516 soundly beat several "big name" American AR systems, as well as the HK416 rifles, decisively in all areas except price. The SIG 516 is so good that one large M4 maker even sued (and lost in court) SIG for making a better rifle than theirs...for less."

What the ??? was my first reaction. Does this bear any truth at all ?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Raising the bullshit flag high. Gotta love those unverifiable statements.

Feedback Score
    LWRC sued them for stealing their bcg design.
    Sig has since changed the design.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So there's some inconsistency between Sig won, and Sig ended up changing their design (which would be Sig lost)?

I am curious about these "2nd Gen" Sigs, are they being properly vetted? There certainly is a LOT of buzz around them right now.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I don't think there's any misconceptions or inconsistencies on LWRC's lawsuit over Sig using their design. As i recall, it looked like a pretty blatant copy.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The ultra-reliable source, for those who are curious: http://www.onesourcetactical.com/sig...x#.UFDfFKA2Qxo

Surprised they don't list it as being used by "Tier One outfits so secret, we could tell you, but then would have to kill you".
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBow View Post
    I for one have not joined up with the Piston band wagon, But have looked into them. While looking at a Sig 516 I saw this listed under the description on a sellers site...

"In recent tests by an undisclosed government group, the SIG SAUER 516 soundly beat several "big name" American AR systems, as well as the HK416 rifles, decisively in all areas except price. The SIG 516 is so good that one large M4 maker even sued (and lost in court) SIG for making a better rifle than theirs...for less."

What the ??? was my first reaction. Does this bear any truth at all ?
    If SIG spent half as much money on QC/CS/materials as they did on marketing, I might believe this. But they don't. Their current CEO is the one who ass-raped Kimber (creating the "Raptor", among many other abortions).

The gas system is a reverse-engineer of the Adams arms system. The carrier appeared to be a nearly exact copy of LWRCi's piston carrier (even down to the NiB finish).....and it is the reason SIG got sued.

They use barrels and bolts of unknown barrel steel. The last one I shot (bought in 09-2011 by an acquaintance), was BADLY over gassed on the "normal" setting, felt like a .450 Bushmaster on the "dirty gun" setting, and was useless on the suppressed setting (though I would gladly futz with buffers and spring weights to try to get it to work on the suppressed setting). The trigger was decent, but gritty, the rail was generic and got hot FAST.

It was wholly unimpressive for the $1700 he paid at a LGS.

Same range trip, a buddy had his Colt 6920 that he got from DSG with the magpul MOE package. Made the SIG feel like it was chambered in 6.8, the 6920 was so much smoother during the recoil impulse.

For DD/LMT/Noveske prices, you're getting what appears to be an Adams arms. The gun appears functional...but it runs and feels very much like an over gassed 16" carbine-gas gun.

M experience with a sample of one.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Has gabe come out and said who this "group" was? He said it would be revealed soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    undisclosed testers, undisclosed test standards, I like sig and all but just because a unit or organization messes around with something for a period of time doesn’t mean it was tested. They don’t have the facilities to properly do Endurance, Temp, salt emersion, among numerous other test.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Did anyone else notice the P238 from Sig? Why would anyone want a weapon with Aces over Eights engraved on it? It is called a dead mans hand in poker for a reason.

Marketing indeed........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast