Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Over-gassed 11.5.. cut to 10.5 help at all??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Sure,

Inside the gas block or FSB there is passage that goes between the barrel and gas tube.

The insertable gas port goes inside that passage and reduces gas flow to the desired level.

The effect is similar to an adjustable gas block or switchblock, except it is not adjustable or switchable without removing the FSB and putting a different port in.

This is very much in line with the original intent of the system to not require operator adjustments to the gas system.

IMO, No need to cut down the barrel by 1".

I doubt it will make enough of a difference in gas flow.
    Can those insertable ports erode?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    Have it cut to 10.5" and run a H3 buffer and it should run well with a gas port of .082"
    I might just do this cut down.

But still curious about Clint's suggestion too..

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Sure,

Inside the gas block or FSB there is passage that goes between the barrel and gas tube.

The insertable gas port goes inside that passage and reduces gas flow to the desired level.

The effect is similar to an adjustable gas block or switchblock, except it is not adjustable or switchable without removing the FSB and putting a different port in.

This is very much in line with the original intent of the system to not require operator adjustments to the gas system.

IMO, No need to cut down the barrel by 1".

I doubt it will make enough of a difference in gas flow.
    Is this something that installs into the Fixed FSB? I couldn't care less about adjustable... I just need to calm this sucker down.

How does one get this accomplished? Install it myself? Any images or links would be helpful.
    Last edited by markm; 12-05-12 at 06:43.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Sounds kinda like a blood clot, but for gas. How does it stay put?
    Last edited by munch520; 12-05-12 at 07:33.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Ok, boys.

The Gas port is .082... Talk to me!
    WOW! Who did that stupid chit???

C4

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    WOW! Who did that stupid chit???
    This is an old SABRE DEFENSE upper. I bought it JUST before BCM started making uppers again... after that Barrel extension crunch... remember??

Just bad timing...

It's a good shooter accuracy wise... so I want to try to run it and wear it out if I can make it less "poppy" when it cycles.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Clint's insert would be the way to go or at least the first thing to try.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Clint's insert would be the way to go or at least the first thing to try.
    I'm very interested if I can get more info on how to get one or get it installed...

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    I would cut the barrel down Mark. .082 is what DD ports their 10.3" uppers so at least it would be more inline.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This is an old SABRE DEFENSE upper. I bought it JUST before BCM started making uppers again... after that Barrel extension crunch... remember??

Just bad timing...

It's a good shooter accuracy wise... so I want to try to run it and wear it out if I can make it less "poppy" when it cycles.
    Interesting. I often thought they made good barrels, but really didn't know much about anything else.

C4

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The barrel is a shooter like most of their barrels... apparently they didn't know much about gas ports though.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast