Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    Also agree with Stickman. Stick (no pun intended) with what you know in proven quality across the board. Besides, that video doesn't inspire confidence in that guy as a instructor, or the shit he has on those rifles. It came across as Bubba-ish.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    Also agree with Stickman. Stick (no pun intended) with what you know in proven quality across the board. Besides, that video doesn't inspire confidence in that guy as a instructor, or the shit he has on those rifles. It came across as Bubba-ish.
    Yeah the gear on his Gun is not something to inspire confidence. I've always despised their magwell grip thing.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I just ordered 5 to try out. They'll be strictly range mags. Even if they work fine, they'll take the load off my stock of verified PMags and USGI mags. This will be a good thing if I am never able to buy magazines EVER AGAIN.

Feedback Score
    I believe these are sold in Europe as J-MAG. If G-MAG stands for German Magazine you can take a wild-ass guess at what the J in J-MAG stands for....

I too have tried to find out whether they're GTG or not, but given the pricing over here it was cheaper to buy GI-mags from Brownells (oh, how about a $766 Beta C-Mag?)
    Last edited by skullworks; 12-31-12 at 11:40.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    I just ordered 5 to try out. They'll be strictly range mags. Even if they work fine, they'll take the load off my stock of verified PMags and USGI mags. This will be a good thing if I am never able to buy magazines EVER AGAIN.
    I ordered some myself for the same reason. We'll see how they shake out after they show up. Hopefully they're not C-Products in disguise.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm funny in that I would rather have magazines that I know would work.

I'm sure someone will jump in and say they bought a bunch and they are great, but when it comes to magazines, there have been too many horror stories from manufacturers who were trying to be the newest greatest mag supplier. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt those mags will sell right now.
    But...but...but IDF uses them and they are better than Pmag...

If anyone remember recently the IDF chose CAA to make their new not these Elander mags. Supposedly the CAA mags beat PMAGS.....what a joke.

http://www.armoryblog.com/firearms/r...-polymer-mags/
    Last edited by sinlessorrow; 12-31-12 at 12:53.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    But...but...but IDF uses them and they are better than Pmag...

If anyone remember recently the IDF chose CAA to make their new not these Elander mags. Supposedly the CAA mags beat PMAGS.....what a joke.

http://www.armoryblog.com/firearms/r...-polymer-mags/
    I prefer to keep an open mind and try them out first. I think others would also concur. Of course, if you already have 500 PMAGS, then just don't buy them. The company has answered a ton of questions about these on another forum. They appear to be a stand up company.
    Last edited by kcara; 12-31-12 at 13:02.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    If you use jerk as a code in the discount box younget 5% off. Once that code is applied the box will clear, use free-grnd in the box and you willmgetbfree shippng on orders over $99 that's why I ordered 6. I usually order mags 10 or 12 at a time but this is an unknown for me.

Here is a link to Jerking the triggers blog with the codes.

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/blog/20...he-mako-group/
    Wish I knew this before I ordered. Oh well.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kcara View Post
    I prefer to keep an open mind and try them out first. I think others would also concur. Of course, if you already have 500 PMAGS, then just don't buy them. The company has answered a ton of questions about these on another forum. They appear to be a stand up company.
    Mako answers questions in the Mako way. Our products are good because the IDF uses them.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    Mako answers questions in the Mako way. Our products are good because the IDF uses them.
    Actually, no. They answered a ton of questions on another forum. Here is a sampling of the answers:

E-LANDER MAGS are high-performance durable steel magazines.

GENERAL INFORMATION
    Made in Israel for the Tavor, M16, and common sidearms, they were tested by special military forces
    and anti-terror units. These magazines have proven to withstand severe combat conditions and requirements.

Reliability
    Precisely manufactured by a progressive die system to
    exceed top quality standards and IDF specifications.

QUESTION ABOUT THE WHITE FOLLOWER
    This is related to training and technique. Much of the military and LE training in the US for clearing a jam is to immediately reseat the mag by slapping it, recharge, and re-squeeze the trigger. (Slight variations dependent on the weapon.) If the weapon still does not fire, then the mag is removed, weapon manually cycled to clear the jam, magazine inserted, weapon charged, and trigger squeezed. This is done without first assessing the malfunction.

Israeli doctrine is requires a chamber check as soon as the weapon fails to fire. It takes no time and determines the correct response. If the weapon goes click instead of bang, then you know the bolt/slide is in battery or pretty close, so you can slap, charge, squeeze. If it does not go click, the bolt/slide is probably out of battery for one of two reasons - out of ammo, or a jam. If you react to an empty mag as a jam it wastes time (especially if you use the automatic slap, charge squeeze followed by the mag out, charge-charge-charge, mag in, charge, squeeze). If you react to a jam with a reload, you will probably still have a jam, and may dump ammo that you need.

Before you say you can feel when you are out of ammo, there are some james that will keep the bolt pretty wide open and feel a lot like it is locked back. In a fight, depending on focus, you may only know that the weapon did not fire, and not notice why by feel or sound.

So Israeli doctrine requires a chamber check - do you see brass? Then clear the jam. Do you see the follower? Reload. You also check the chamber any time you stop shooting because you don't have a target or are moving. This way, you don't suddenly have a threat pop up and find that your weapon is empty or has a jam from the previous engagement.

More US instructors are teaching chamber checks for diagnosing jams now, but few teach chamber checks at the end of each engagement. What we teach is this - weapon stops firing - chamber check. Target down or out of sight and no other targets in sight, chamber check before anything else. The white followers are an advantage for this.

By checking the chamber, I mean that without dropping the weapon or losing your focus, you just slightly turn the weapon and glance at the ejection port to confirm status of the bolt.

QUESTION ABOUT THE MAGS

The grooves need to be at the bottom to support the floorplate, but that is no issue since the bottom section of the mag just has the spring in it, even when loaded, so the outward pressure of the cartridges is on the center to top part of the mag. When loaded, the spring,follower, and cartridges also support the body of the mag.

On the feed lips, they are rounded one direction and reinforced by grooves the other direction, preventing flexing in either direction.

Keep in mind that these magazines have passed the most strenuous military testing, after very in-depth design and testing at the factory, followed by real-world use, so if it were an issue, it would have been identified.

On the other hand, E-Lander is looking to continually improve the products, and are responsive to feedback and suggestions.

A question on the mag bodies.....how thick is the steel used? Is it similar gauge to aluminum mags, or thin like the CProducts and ASC stainless mags?

Total weight:
    6.0 oz - C Products Steel 30 rd Mag
    7.8 oz - E-Lander steel 30 rd Mag

Also, the strength of the steel makes a big difference. A magazine made of steel that is too soft will not hold feed lip shape over time. The best materials have to be chosen for the specific purpose.

I will post some pictures of mine once they arrive later this week. I get it, some of you think that Magpuls are better. They may very well be better, but lets look at these with an open mind.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast