Thread: Fireclean with AR15

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    This is very interesting to me as in all of my observation, Fireclean does far less to prevent it.

However, I used Froglube on my rifle and did get rust. When I use FireClean, it did not rust. I don't know if something in the powder/primer residue does not get along with FL, or what.
    I think the main difference may be since FL is a paste it resists salt water soaked paper towels better since it is actually a thick pasty barrier.

When it comes to what is best for a salt water mist or humidity fireclean works better because if you happen to miss any of the parts it will spread to those parts, unlike FL that just never moves unless you want to oven bake your rifle.

Thats my experiences living in a high humidity, high salt water area. What is most interesting to me, is that unlike other liquid lubricants fireclean stays put in areas where things contact each other, so even after a week of sitting my rifle and handguns are still suffeciently wet on places like the carrier rails, cam pin, and gas rings. On my beretta the rails and locking block are still wet as well.

Other liquid lubes would have moved out of the rifle fully by now, including slip2000 EWL.
    Last edited by sinlessorrow; 07-20-13 at 20:55.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?