Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireclean with AR15

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMGLee View Post
    I have been a believer of product for the past year. this stuff is literally black magic. the advantage over the green colored lube is tremendous. It creates little to no gunk up after prolong shooting. Properly coated, the gun is also much easier to clean after.

I recently completed a 1911 Operator class by Larry Vickers, affectionately call the Glock Appreciation class. While I am mostly a S&W M&P9 fan, I pull out my good ole Springfield TRP(no rail) and started practicing. I lubed this old beast prior and it lasted all the way until the end of the class. while at the second day we took apart the gun and all the gunk and carbon were easily removed. The build up included one 300 rounds range session, two IDPA matches(8 stages each) at about 250 rounds and about 600 rounds during the 1911 class. so you are looking at a 1911 that shot approximately 1100 rounds before it was thoroughly cleaned. during the take down process, the frame and slide although dirty and full of gunk, it still maintained some viscosity. The important thing was I did NOT have one single failure the entire time.

I can continue about my story on my 5000 rounds experience with my Centurion Arms M4, but you get the idea......
    If you really want the acid test SGM Lee, try it on a .22 and see how long you can get it to run! This stuff is pure win in a bottle for Rimfires too!
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybirdritenour2 View Post
    Where do you get their Accelerator??
    Can you link me??

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Can you link me??
    http://mobile.brownells.com/mobile/a...aspx?pid=24848
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Oh, ok I thought you meant it was a FireClean product. Thanks.
    Last edited by jaybirdritenour2; 07-04-13 at 18:43.

Feedback Score
    Oh, ok I thought you meant it was a FireClean product. Thanks.
    FireClean:
    http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/FRCFC-2.aspx

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoose View Post
    I already ordered FireClean. I thought he meant there was a FireClean Accelerator. Just a misunderstanding. Thanks though.
    Last edited by jaybirdritenour2; 07-04-13 at 18:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    I am telling you, you have heard of it now.

Elbow grease and scrubbing are now officially obselete. Trying is believing. The bolt tail WIPES clean with a dry rag.

I wiped a BCG clean to the bare metal in about 5 minutes while talking to a buddy showing him how easy this shit was to use.
    You've got me curious. May have to give some FireClean a whirl.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    So for those that have used it, can it be applied after a lubrication like Slip2000 has been used? Or will I have to fully degrease everything first?
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    So for those that have used it, can it be applied after a lubrication like Slip2000 has been used? Or will I have to fully degrease everything first?
    Before using Fireclean all parts of the gun should be degreased of all other brand gun oils & cleaners. Use Fireclean full strength.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    As I look at my shelf with all the magic cleaners and lubes, I see......Break free, Tetra, Militec, all the various Hoppes products, Frog lube, and SLIP 2000. All claim to be the best. And now Fireclean. Good grief, what will be next.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast