Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: HK translucent polymer magazines

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    That's my point the Colt name alone costs $16 dollars (more than the same mag w/ different marking)

Or here for $0.04 less:
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-...-dh-gp30mp.htm

Kinda makes people who are paying a dollar extra for a $15 Gen3 PMag look stupid, right?
    I see your point, but the COLT mags used to be less than 20 I believe, but this market is still weird.

Yes, sometimes you pay for a name. But at least with the Colt mags you know they work, 20 dollars for something unproven is where you lose some of use.

I am however willing to one of these out.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    I see your point, but the COLT mags used to be less than 20 I believe, but this market is still weird.

Yes, sometimes you pay for a name. But at least with the Colt mags you know they work, 20 dollars for something unproven is where you lose some of use.

I am however willing to one of these out.
    Colt mags CAN be had for under $20.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...on&key=SP62328

C4

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    I said the same thing back in April of this year on HKPRO (you might have seen it since you're a member there):

But rather than rest on assumptions, curiosity and boredom got the better of me and we're going to see where they really fall. Beats sitting on ass and having to pull 3rd party sources for info.
    I have been thinking of ordering on and doing a loaded drop test to concrete to see how they hold up.

Im all for new mags but there are reasons others have not done it, even when using the best polymers available.

Currently the only translucent AR mags have been lancers and tangodown and both do not have translucent polymer feed lips.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    I have been thinking of ordering on and doing a loaded drop test to concrete to see how they hold up.

Im all for new mags but there are reasons others have not done it, even when using the best polymers available.

Currently the only translucent AR mags have been lancers and tangodown and both do not have translucent polymer feed lips.
    Allegedly, HK has tested these in "environmental extremes". I have 8 on the way, a freezer and an oven, some concrete, and some ammo. I'll sacrifice one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Allegedly, HK has tested these in "environmental extremes". I have 8 on the way, a freezer and an oven, some concrete, and some ammo. I'll sacrifice one.
    WWJD? Break it for the cause! M4C Hero.
    Never sit at the bargaining table with an empty stomach.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swag View Post
    WWJD? Break it for the cause! M4C Hero.
    My name is Jon. Fitting.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    unproven
    Exactly, it's an unknown entity. For those that had to pay for the HK steel mags (back when PMags didn't exist), they were an initially a hit but became a failure due to their price point.

I think it's a bit unfair to immediately lump this mag into the same category without testing it first. They've had many other successes on making proprietary magazines and this will mark their 2nd attempt at something not proprietary. They've got a bit more experience in clear polymers than most, and they have some instances of learning from their mistakes. That right there offers a marginal chance for success that makes them at least worth trying.

But...even IF (and it's a BIG "if") they turn out to be the cat's ass and last 25% longer than a black, windowless PMag to justify the $5 difference, they'll never be the top dog just cause they are HK afterall. The HK haters can sleep soundly knowing that goal-line defense is in place.
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 07-23-13 at 13:24.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    My name is Jon. Fitting.
    LOL, call it a win
    Never sit at the bargaining table with an empty stomach.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I think I'm in for abusing one or two of these when mine get here. For $20 it seems like a cheap and interesting experiment. Could make for a fun weekend.

It will be far from scientific, but what would be a good abuse/destruction protocol?

I'm thinking:
    - rounds through it to assure feed/function
    - fully loaded drop on concrete
    - run over it with a car ala Magpul
    - freezer overnight?
    - oven at 200 degrees?

Anybody know the NATO acceptance test specs? I also may run a USGI aluminum and MagpuL M3 at the same time, you know, to make it official and all.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    I think I'm in for abusing one or two of these when mine get here. For $20 it seems like a cheap and interesting experiment. Could make for a fun weekend.

It will be far from scientific, but what would be a good abuse/destruction protocol?

I'm thinking:
    - rounds through it to assure feed/function
    - fully loaded drop on concrete
    - run over it with a car ala Magpul
    - freezer overnight?
    - oven at 200 degrees?

Anybody know the NATO acceptance test specs? I also may run a USGI aluminum and MagpuL M3 at the same time, you know, to make it official and all.
    Dont forget the deet!
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast