Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ALG FCG fires hammer 50% of time when trigger is released

Feedback Score

ALG FCG fires hammer 50% of time when trigger is released

I ordered and installed the ALG combat set and checked it for function, it seemed to work. I took it out to the range and about half the time the gun fired again when I released the trigger. I took it home and removed the parts to make sure that they were installed correctly, they were. I reinstalled them and checked for function, the same thing occurred, about half the time the hammer released when I released the trigger. I had a new fire control group so I removed the ALG and put in the other group. I checked out the function of the new group many times and had no problems with it. Today I took the gun out to the range and put 120 rounds through it and it functioned perfectly, both slow and rapid fire. In fact I was actually able to sight in my EOTech sight.
    Not sure what was going on with that ALG set but it obviously didn’t agree with my lower

these were at 25 yards, the max range of the indoor facility that I use

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Have you contacted ALG yet? I had a QMS that would not reset. They shipped me a new one, no problems since.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Call and send it back to ALG (Geissele). I've always found their customer service to be responsive and ridiculously good.
    Life is full of choices. I choose Noveske.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Never had a problem with any of the ALG ACTs I've ever ran. Not saying it can't happen. Let us know how the warranty works out.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    They'll take care of it/you.. Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    I called and left a message with ALG about what was happening, now I’ll wait to hear what they say.

Also-I have another AR that I installed the same hammer and trigger set in minus the pins, I used a different set instead of ALGs. I haven’t had the time to actually shoot it yet but I did remove the lower and ran it through several function tests and it functioned properly. I’ll know more on how it performs after I get a chance to actually shoot it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I need to clarify- on the second AR, it was not the same set but the same type, an ALG combat trigger set.
    Last edited by auto_luver; 07-31-13 at 16:44. Reason: Clarification

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    May I ask why you didn't use the supplied pins?

Quote Originally Posted by auto_luver View Post
    I called and left a message with ALG about what was happening, now I’ll wait to hear what they say.

Also-I have another AR that I installed the same hammer and trigger set in minus the pins, I used a different set instead of ALGs. I haven’t had the time to actually shoot it yet but I did remove the lower and ran it through several function tests and it functioned properly. I’ll know more on how it performs after I get a chance to actually shoot it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I need to clarify- on the second AR, it was not the same set but the same type, an ALG combat trigger set.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    May I ask why you didn't use the supplied pins?
    Sounded to me like he was eliminating variables.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    To be honest with you I didn’t do it on purpose, I just had a lot of parts on the table and used those. After I realized what I had done I decided to leave them in unless they created a problem. I am going to take my second AR with the second set of ALGs out to the range tomorrow. I will run 120 rounds of XM193 through it both slow and rapid fire to see how it performs. I’ll post back tomorrow how it did, hopefully one shot at a time.

on the first set I used ALG pins, that is the gun that malfunctioned
    Last edited by auto_luver; 07-31-13 at 17:59.

Feedback Score
    Also- other than the pins all the other parts were ALG on my second AR. On the first AR I used those ALG pins. I know this is difficult to explain over the internet but I’m just trying to figure out what is going on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast