Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Serbu SU-15 Upper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by doodi1 View Post
    So what's the operating system? DI, Piston (Long or short), other other? I cannot see what this does that the FAXON ARAK uppers don't, + the ARAK uppers have easy quick change barrels (albeit proprietary ones)?

It looks neat and the price is very good. I guess variety is good for the marketplace.
    Looks a whole lot like the ARAK. My money says the BCG/piston setup is similar.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    The ARAK upper suffers from a very high sight over bore axis and reports I've read re: function seem like it may have some teething issues with the firing pin retaining mechanism. I like it conceptually, but it seems to need some refining.

The SU15 at the very least has a lower profile top rail.

I am very curious to see the internals on the SU15.
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    Not only that, the ARAK is a tank. I think it's an extremely well-designed platform, but they need to cut the weight down.

I'm very curious about the SU15.
    Still prefer the the Faxon ARAK over the Serbu.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    If anyone is still wondering the Serbu is a true direct impingement. I'm not talking AR-15 DI, I'm talking Mas-49 DI.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    If anyone is still wondering the Serbu is a true direct impingement. I'm not talking AR-15 DI, I'm talking Mas-49 DI.
    Interesting. Where did you hear this?

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Interesting. Where did you hear this?
    Their facebook page.

Standard AR bolt, cam pin, barrel and barrel extension, but needs a unique gas block. Also said the op rod and carrier are a 2 piece assembly.

You can see the carrier here. The gas cup thingy is just before the hole for the charging handle and works identical to a true DI system. Shot gas tube meets up with the carrier(they call it an op rod) and pushes against it just like the Mas-49 cup thing.
    Last edited by sinlessorrow; 01-02-15 at 21:01.
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Oh and they are citing a $800 price. Now if that is for the upper alone, or a complete rifle I do not know.

Feedback Score
    might have to get me one of these just to play around with

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Sent them a message and they are expecting the price for the upper alone to be within $700-$800. Pretty decent price for an upper, so probably $1,200-$1,300 for a complete rifle.

I am interested to see a modern true DI weapon.

Feedback Score
    anybody know who makes the barrel and if its chrome lined?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd like to bring this back to the top and ask if anyone knows what kind of quality Serbu puts out.

I have a go-to AR but have a real hate relationship with mag changes and malfunction drills since I'm a lefty. I tried several ways to run these based on instructor suggestions but I always naturally gravitate back to releasing the bolt with the charging handle. Sure I could install any number of fancy bolt releases but I prefer to keep a firearm mostly stock to minimize issues if I have to pick up a bone stock gun.

I'm saving my pennies for a Scar 16 but this upper caught my interest again after last year's debut. Does Serbu offer top notch quality or will this be a hobby grade gun? Details are scarce other than this is a true DI gun, uses a 7075 extrusion, and you can use standard AR bolts and barrels. That last part means you can improve the gun in some fashion at least if the factory bolt or barrel specs are sub par.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2015 SHOT Video of SU15
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=iB1iyvGvc-Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast