Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone been following these polymer lowers from Tennessee Arms?

Feedback Score

Anyone been following these polymer lowers from Tennessee Arms?

http://www.tnarmsco.com/complete-lower-receiver/

I have been following the thread on lightfighter since the first post and have been pretty impressed with everything the owner is trying to do. Just was wondering if anyone else has picked one of these lowers up and their thoughts?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What's the point? You can pick up a complete metal lower for the same price or a couple bucks more.The weight savings would be minimal at best

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    No...
    "You get what you pay for"

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I may give one a try for my ultralight build. For the price I am not risking much. I am sure to be flamed but I am willing to give up accuracy using a pencil profile barrel and give up $$$ for light weight Ti and aluminum components. Unlike many here I consider the rifle a backup to a backup weapon. GH

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by burgeman View Post
    http://www.tnarmsco.com/complete-lower-receiver/

I have been following the thread on lightfighter since the first post and have been pretty impressed with everything the owner is trying to do. Just was wondering if anyone else has picked one of these lowers up and their thoughts?
    Saw that and most are having issues with them as well, theyre like on their third revision of the lowers.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting, I wouldn't mind getting one just for kicks and testing purposes. If knew of an FFL in the area that wouldn't charge me more than the cost of the receiver for the transfer I would =/

Feedback Score
    There have been kinks in the first two runs but the owners have been up front on everything. Even offering full refunds with a credit of half the lower onto the account. They are allowing no questions asked exchanges for new runs. If anything they have showed how to weather a slew of new product launch and take constructive criticism into new product runs. I'm impressed and will continue following the development.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I may give one a try for my ultralight build. For the price I am not risking much. I am sure to be flamed but I am willing to give up accuracy using a pencil profile barrel and give up $$$ for light weight Ti and aluminum components. Unlike many here I consider the rifle a backup to a backup weapon. GH
    How about this, spend the 175$ that you'd spend on this crap, and ultimately respend on the correct stuff on the v7 parts which ultimately will make a normal lower 2+ oz lighter. Issue solved and you have not sacrificed anything at all.
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by discreet View Post
    How about this, spend the 175$ that you'd spend on this crap, and ultimately respend on the correct stuff on the v7 parts which ultimately will make a normal lower 2+ oz lighter. Issue solved and you have not sacrificed anything at all.
    Another good option would be to look at the lightweight MAG Tech lowers https://www.primaryarms.com/MAG-Tact...mgtsg4-blk.htm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by discreet View Post
    Well it would be $55 if you just bought the stripped lower by itself. But your argument is valid.

I would still like one just to have, I find the polymer developments interesting.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast