Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM C8 SFW

Feedback Score
    99 (100%)

BCM C8 SFW

Just wanted to share a little info on this upper receiver group from Bravo Co. When it comes to barrel profiles, IMO things like DD's S2W, BCM's ELW, Noveske's N4, Colt's SOCOM. etc. "make sense". I don't mind a beefier barrel when it's in the right spot since that characteristic can be good for accuracy and minimizing POI shift with a suppressor. If you remove the Simon Sleeve on BCM's C8 CFW this profile seems pretty legit too. No M203 flats or cuts like the SOCOM, just a nice turn down on about the last 4" of barrel.

I know LW's, Keymod, and M-Lok are all the rage right now, and I have some of those too but it's also hard to be a good ol' FSB upper!

Last edited by col.1981; 01-10-15 at 18:20.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What's the point of that sleeve?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    ^^Pretty curious how it works myself.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    What's the point of that sleeve?
    Its similar to the m203 cut on our barrels.

The C8 SFW serves as the L119A1 in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    Interesting. I was kind of curious what the barrel looked like under the sleeve. Does the sleeve just slide off once the flash suppressor has been removed?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That profile looks like it makes more sense than the government and m4 profiles. I wish BCM would sell them individually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    If you can't pick your shit up at 3pm or 0300 and it's configured to get it done 0-400m in seconds, sideways, upside down, or unstable... your a daylight range clown.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    ive never even seen or heard of the setup until now, that looks like it would make a nice "midweight-ish" barrel. how well does it point and transition betwenn targets?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Going to have to pick up one of these after Shot Show.
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score
    The Colt Canada ( Diemaco) SFW is widely used by Allied SOF and has seen a lot of combat use - it has an excellent track record - the original is unavailable here so I asked Paul Buffoni at BCM to make a clone upper to answer the need for this historically significant AR variant

There you have it - enjoy !!!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by col.1981 View Post
    I know LW's, Keymod, and M-Lok are all the rage right now, and I have some of those too but it's also hard to be a good ol' FSB upper!
    There's no doubt about that. I love my KMRs, but I still love a beefy FSB too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast