Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: M4 configurations in "American Sniper"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    I think I audibly gasped when he held the revolver on his wife near the end.
    Agreed. I was hoping it was his kids cap gun and he was going to give it back to him or something. Then he put it up on that shelf, terrible.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BradCMSP View Post
    Agreed. I was hoping it was his kids cap gun and he was going to give it back to him or something. Then he put it up on that shelf, terrible.
    Same here, I kept thinking it just had to be a toy gun or something. But then the scene just kept going and the longer it went the more real it felt. Until he put it on the shelf and then I'm just like "WTF!?". That was very odd indeed.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    You are not mistaken, there was indeed an 870 in the movie.

You know its tolerable if its your classic action movie, but when you're trying to tell a serious story and are concerned with accuracy of the story, then spend the time and effort and get it right. The exaggerated recoil was hilarious, and to add to the shotgun scene, the very bunched up formations of Marines moving down the street was also rather lame. Oh, and the CGI Cobra helicopter was pathetic.

MM
    You ask me, the equalizer had pretty decent suppressed action during the final scenes. From what I can remember at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I haven't seen the movie yet but I really enjoyed the book. IMO better than Lone Suvivor, which was a pretty damn good book. Books are usually better than their movies so we shall see I am going tmrw to see the movie. For those that enjoyed the book another great book is The Red Circle, that book was amazing. I am now reading Inside Delta Force and thus far its been pretty hard to put down.

"It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Take This."

https://www.facebook.com/Blak1508
    Instagram Blak1508

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    You ask me, the equalizer had pretty decent suppressed action during the final scenes. From what I can remember at least.
    You're right, the Equalizer did have accuarte sound bites for the suppressed shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Blak1508 View Post
    I haven't seen the movie yet but I really enjoyed the book. IMO better than Lone Suvivor, which was a pretty damn good book. Books are usually better than their movies so we shall see I am going tmrw to see the movie. For those that enjoyed the book another great book is The Red Circle, that book was amazing. I am now reading Inside Delta Force and thus far its been pretty hard to put down.
    Is there a thread or sticky of recommended/preferred reading somewhere on M4C???

MM

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Some of the carbines had very short barrels. Say 7.5". Wondering if 300 BLK was used.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gman44116 View Post
    Some of the carbines had very short barrels. Say 7.5". Wondering if 300 BLK was used.
    Used in the movie or during the actual event? For the movie it wouldn't matter, its fake and it appears they rarely if ever used blanks anyway. As for during the real event, I highly doubt it.

MM

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    You're right, the Equalizer did have accuarte sound bites for the suppressed shooting.

Is there a thread or sticky of recommended/preferred reading somewhere on M4C???

MM
    Yes, I think it's in GD. I know I was off topic, never got my ADD under control.

"It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Take This."

https://www.facebook.com/Blak1508
    Instagram Blak1508

Feedback Score
    I thought this movie was very good for what it was. I felt it was a fair portrayal of Chris Kyle. Yes, it had a lot of things in it that were not accurate, but I went in with the mindset that it was going to be that way. It was a Hollywood movie meant to entertain, not a documentary. It hit close to.home for me because it all happened during my time in Iraq. The whole Mustafa thing bothered me a little bit, but it's nothing I'm going to lose any sleep over, and I understand why they did it.

Feedback Score
    The movie is very good, but I highly recommend the book. I downloaded it a couple of days ago from iTunes and so far it is a great read. The movie only focused on a portion of what is in the book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast