Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: H&K Wins CSASS!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I have seen inaccurate bolt guns and highly precise piston guns. I do not believe that the issue is in the operating system, but rather how the maker integrates and refines that system with a good barrel.
    For reasons unknown to me, this concept seems to be the most elusive and difficult one to grasp in the whole of the firearms world. Quality in = Quality out/ Garbage in = garbage out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd be very interested to see the differences between the new HK and the KAC MK11/M110. The big difference with the piston vs gas, and with the OSS suppressor vs the baffle systems. The barrels will always play part in the precision of any rifle.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It's a shame that the latest generation of SR-25's weren't submitted. Their lighter weight, better ergo's, improved gas system, and lower price really make them the best SR-25 to date.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I guess unless there is a CSASS protest that goes to GAO, we'll never see the details of the performance of the various offerors for the contract. Too bad. I'd like to know how the HK shook out against the KAC on a performance level, forgetting cost, schedule, past performance factors.

Anyone with any experience with the MR762A1s able to compare them to the Larue OBR/PredatOBRs?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have they found a way to make the HK lighter?

Feedback Score
    Obviously they did, as they met requirements put for CSASS.

G28 weight is source of jokes even inside HK, because it is product of not very well thought requirements from German Army. CSASS did not have such ideas, so they could deliver lighter rifle.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post

G28 weight is source of jokes even inside HK, because it is product of not very well thought requirements from German Army. CSASS did not have such ideas, so they could deliver lighter rifle.

HK is good at making guns exceptionally lightweight(G36,XM8),also good at making guns heavy as hell(PSG-1,G28) ;-)

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post

Have you seen all the changes the Army is requesting?

No way this doesn't get challenged.

One does not simply select a rifle, only to then request the company to change the rail, request to change the receiver from steel to aluminum, and request for a change to the trigger.

At that point your basically requesting a rifle you didn't downselect....And decisions like that get contested.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    Where can one find the list of these changes, from an official source?
    It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    Have you seen all the changes the Army is requesting?

No way this doesn't get challenged.

One does not simply select a rifle, only to then request the company to change the rail, request to change the receiver from steel to aluminum, and request for a change to the trigger.

At that point your basically requesting a rifle you didn't downselect....And decisions like that get contested.
    I have heard that they want a Geissele rail and potentially trigger, but the receiver was Al from day one.

Changes through the procurement chain are common. Look at the Scar rifle that won vs the one that was delivered. I don't think their are many systems that don't get changed along the way.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast