Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1016

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    Tell me how its better....

Oh, so now it doesn't run as much, its edible and it smells good.

Maybe I should start using Honey on my rifles, seems like it has the same properties and sure as hell is cheaper.

You do NOT want high Viscosity lubricants on an AR. There is a reason shit like grease and other common application lubes are not used on Ar's. It will gum up, will attract carbon, and induce malfunctions much quicker than a normal gun lube would.

Dude I'm not the biggest supporter of froglube and I actually plan to give it another go, but its not like honey.

Its a slippery paste that turns into a liquid literally after 2 rounds have been fired. If you let it sit for a few it turns back to a paste.

One of the biggest things I saw it do is literally trap fouling in the paste and when you wipe that paste off every bit of fouling goes with it.

The fouling cannot spread or seep into other parts of the weapon.

I still had issues with its rust prevention but am going to give it another shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Prove there is a performance difference. You are asserting that Froglube performs better than a good motor oil. I say that the difference is negligible(if FL is even as good as motor oil) and the cost difference is paramount.

Its been proven numerous times over the years, that something like Mobil 1 is just as good if not better then most of the "gun lubes" on the market. Its marketing and trying sell people shit they don't need.

I have ZERO need for a lube that is edible (well maybe but thats a different thread) or something that is not petro base. We are talking about firearms here. Lead, Sulfur, Copper and other shit. You think the fact that the lube is edible and is non petro based makes a difference? If the price was even somewhat reasonable, The arguement could be made as cost would not be as much as a factor.

I remember when Miltec came out, and everyone here was parroting how its the latest greatest shit, and that they need to use it. They sent me a few cases of lube in Iraq, and I gave it out to my guys and kept half to use on guns in the armory container. Was no better then any other lube, and later as we all know, it was found that Miltec is a shit lube.

Then there was Weapon Shield and the other 10 brands that everyone said was the future and made such a huge difference. Atleast weaponshield was owned by a fluid engineer and lube expert who could talk the talk.

The only lube I use is Slip2K (I have a ton of it) and M1S. Slip2K is no better than M1S, same as any other lube I have ever used. You all can sit here and parrot the latest greatest shit, get your panties in a bunched bullshitting each other for all I care. In 5-10 years you will look back and say "what was that lizzard lube or something we used to use and pay $30 a bottle for?" ...long after they are gone.

Hype, pure and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    It's always interesting to hear about less cost and what works being a factor in a place where spending money on more newer and seemly better stuff is pretty much the norm (i.e. multiple firearms types in multiple calibers, tons of ammo, sights, slings, lights, holsters, carrying bags & cases, lock boxes and safes, reloading equipment, hunting leases, training classes, competitions, travel expenses to previous 3, etc.....). If cost not convenience of technology was a factor, we'd all go back to 56k or 14.4K modems with m4cabine.net being a BBS not an internet site.

Anything that speeds cleaning and is practical to my lifestyle is better in my book. Both Froglube and Fireclean win over anything else I've used in the past in this regard. The fact that they are non-toxic just means something else will kill me first.

Noah
    You clearly didn't read my post but responded to other points from earlier in this thread I didn't use. I only said FL/FC speeds cleaning versus anything I've used in the past so it's better. I could care less about lube performance or cost. Never had a lube related failure regardless of the lube I've used and don't give it a second thought. Maybe one day I will and will address it when I get there. At this stage in my life, time is precious, so something that allows faster cleaning wins every time.

My point was that in my opinion a $30 difference in cost as a argument point on this site is silly as the cost of most weapons/accessories/stuff we're discussing and people have bought reviewed shot and ogled make a $30 discussion seem pretty silly. I'm not saying your argument is silly, just the $30 part here on this site. But if a $30 difference in firearms maintenance is important to you fantastic, it's just not deciding factor for me.

I get it, you like mobil 1. Excellent, I use it my cars because it's a heavily worldwide marketed (possibly hyped but don't care either) brand of motor oil. Does using mobile 1 allow me to clean my weapons faster than Frog Lube and Fireclean....In my experience, no, Mobil 1, 75W gear oil, Royal Purple, Amsoil, Lithium Green are great lubes but are a just mess and slow with respect to clean up. Can I prove it? Probably not, but who cares.

Don't take it personally that people are using FL/FC against your objections. Remember many many people think "The Olive Garden" serves good italian food and Red Lobster is their favorite seafood restaurant..........

Noah

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    The major benefit of Froglube is that you can use the paste and have it sit on your BCG and other moving parts for months without evaporating or going anywhere.

Before using Froglube I used Slip2000EWL. It worked great, but would always mostly disappear from a gun after 1-2 months of non use. I had no malfunctions, but only because I squirted some extra on before any competition or major range session. That's OK, but gets old. Also having a ton of oily goop in your buffer tube gets old too.

Froglube doesn't necessarily make my guns run any better than if they were freshly oiled with just about any oil, but it sits there in storage, so I can take a gun that hasn't been used in months and just go use it without any malfunctions or dryness.

It also soaks up carbon like mad, but various other lubes are decent at that too, and if you spray new CLP on before each use it doesn't really matter.

My 2 cents. Use whatever lube you like. I've read the good reviews of Fireclean, and realize that there has been some "latest greatest new thing" every year or two for at least a decade now if not two or three, but for the moment FL is good enough for me to keep using.
    I don't know what the hell your talking about. I have Ar's including a MK12 that sat in a high humidity safe for almost 18 months, lubed with Slip2k, took it out and it was still lubed well and went out and shot 750 rounds of 75Gr BH's through it, without any lube being added.

If you know how to lube a gun then it should not be evaporating in a month.

CLP is a shitty product, and the only thing it does half way decent is lube. Ive gone through 10's of gallons of the shit as an armorer. If a rifle is lubed correctly, it will last a long time in storage. It even works as a lubricant during heavy firing schedules.

Motor Oil is still cheaper and is just as good if not a better lube than CLP and most of the other products on the market. At the price point, nothing comes close.

I have the distinct feeling the people pushing this shit either don't run their gear/guns hard enough to even notice the difference between products or enough of a sample size to even make a reasonable determination. Or they just repeat shit they read on the internet.

If I shot my rifle once a month for 100-200 rnds, I could use canola oil and it would probally run. Maybe I should market that @ $25 per 20oz and take over the lube market.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You clearly didn't read my post but responded to other points from earlier in this thread I didn't use. I only said FL/FC speeds cleaning versus anything I've used in the past so it's better. I could care less about lube performance or cost. Never had a lube related failure regardless of the lube I've used and don't give it a second thought. Maybe one day I will and will address it when I get there. At this stage in my life, time is precious, so something that allows faster cleaning wins every time.

My point was that in my opinion a $30 difference in cost as a argument point on this site is silly as the cost of most weapons/accessories/stuff we're discussing and people have bought reviewed shot and ogled make a $30 discussion seem pretty silly. I'm not saying your argument is silly, just the $30 part here on this site. But if a $30 difference in firearms maintenance is important to you fantastic, it's just not deciding factor for me.

I get it, you like mobil 1. Excellent, I use it my cars because it's a heavily worldwide marketed (possibly hyped but don't care either) brand of motor oil. Does using mobile 1 allow me to clean my weapons faster than Frog Lube and Fireclean....In my experience, no, Mobil 1, 75W gear oil, Royal Purple, Amsoil, Lithium Green are great lubes but are a just mess and slow with respect to clean up. Can I prove it? Probably not, but who cares.

Don't take it personally that people are using FL/FC against your objections. Remember many many people think "The Olive Garden" serves good italian food and Red Lobster is their favorite seafood restaurant..........

Noah
    Who the hell cleans their guns?

Just keep adding lube until they stop working. Then you can clean them. People are way to anal retentitive when it comes to their guns. They do more harm overcleaning them then letting a good coating of carbon a lube coat the internals.

How long does $30 worth of FL last? How many aplications on how many guns?

Want to take a guess how long $30 of Motor Oil will last?

Red Lobster may suck , but I will stab someone in the throat for some Cheddar Bay Biscuits!
    Last edited by TurretGunner; 08-15-13 at 21:05.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tell me how its better....

Oh, so now it doesn't run as much, its edible and it smells good.

Maybe I should start using Honey on my rifles, seems like it has the same properties and sure as hell is cheaper.

You do NOT want high Viscosity lubricants on an AR. There is a reason shit like grease and other common application lubes are not used on Ar's. It will gum up, will attract carbon, and induce malfunctions much quicker than a normal gun lube would.
    Now?

Pretty sure quite a few people have expressed their appreciation of a lube that doesn't run all throughout this thread. It isn't some new thing that came up in response to you trolling everybody.

I think anybody reading this thread very clearly understands that you think money is better spent on Mobile 1 synthetic motor oil, and why.

I doubt you need to keep hitting us over the head with your opinions ad nauseum.
    Last edited by Warp; 08-15-13 at 21:03.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have the distinct feeling the people pushing this shit either don't run their gear/guns hard enough to even notice the difference between products or enough of a sample size to even make a reasonable determination. Or they just repeat shit they read on the internet.

If I shot my rifle once a month for 100-200 rnds, I could use canola oil and it would probally run. Maybe I should market that @ $25 per 20oz and take over the lube market.
    Figured this would be your next argument. "I'm right because your personal experience doesn't matter because you don't shoot your guns enough". Gotta love the internet where Mobil employees boost sales in creative ways through demeaning others on internet gun forums. Can someone lock this thread please..........or rename it "TurrentGunner is right".

Noah
    Last edited by ndmiller; 08-15-13 at 21:11.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    How long does $30 worth of FL last? How many aplications on how many guns?
    I'm about halfway through a 4oz tub of Froglube paste that I've been using for almost two years. 3 AR's, shotgun, .22 bolt action rifle, and 4 pistols. The paste goes very far. I've probably gone through 8-12 oz of the liquid in the same time frame. I mostly shoot the AR's and 3 pistols. Froglube is the best CLP I've used, thats why I switched. I just checked on a Froglubed BCG thats been sitting in a ziploc bag for the last several months, not sticky or gummy. Put a couple hundred rounds through my SBR about a month ago, didnt clean it afterwards. Everything looks fine.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Figured this would be your next argument. "I'm right because your personal experience doesn't matter because you don't shoot your guns enough". Gotta love the internet where Mobil employees boost sales in creative ways through demeaning others on internet gun forums. Can someone lock this thread please..........or rename it "TurrentGunner is right".

Noah
    People have been using motor oil as lube for decades, its not some new fad. There is a 90% chance froglube won't even be on the market in 5-10 years.

I know of no major instiution that runs froglube and recomends it as a primary Lubricant for firearms, much less AR/Stoner rifles.......

And yes, I am clearly a Mobil 1 Employee. Where is my dvidends and stock options........?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Froglube

It will gum up, will attract carbon, and induce malfunctions much quicker than a normal gun lube would.
    Who the hell cleans their guns?

People are way to anal retentitive when it comes to their guns. They do more harm overcleaning them then letting a good coating of carbon a lube coat the internals.

Red Lobster may suck , but I will stab someone in the throat for some Cheddar Bay Biscuits!
    That I can agree with.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ryno12; 08-15-13 at 21:26.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    I don't know what the hell your talking about. I have Ar's including a MK12 that sat in a high humidity safe for almost 18 months, lubed with Slip2k, took it out and it was still lubed well and went out and shot 750 rounds of 75Gr BH's through it, without any lube being added.

If you know how to lube a gun then it should not be evaporating in a month.

CLP is a shitty product, and the only thing it does half way decent is lube. Ive gone through 10's of gallons of the shit as an armorer. If a rifle is lubed correctly, it will last a long time in storage. It even works as a lubricant during heavy firing schedules.

Motor Oil is still cheaper and is just as good if not a better lube than CLP and most of the other products on the market. At the price point, nothing comes close.

There is no denying that slip2000 runs. If I leave a gun in the safe for a week I can pull the BCG and there will be no lube on the rails.

There will be a protective film left behind that keeps rust away and all that jazz and its no surprise that a dry SR-15 will run well into the 1000 round mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 LastLast