Page 71 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    Bluecanary, I would suggest you use the FL liquid as any other lubricant until you can get some FL paste.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluecanary View Post
    Confused. So, I should not be using the Liquid as a primary lube?
    You use the paste to treat the parts. The liquid can be used as any other lubricant and/or cleaner. Personally I treat all parts with the paste, then I use liquid on the FCG and gas rings etc, and to clean the bore.
    Last edited by skullworks; 09-11-12 at 09:11.

Feedback Score
    Today I stepped out and bought a little tub some of the paste. Tried it out on another gun. The paste and liquid are different. The paste congeals, the liquid stays wet. I wrote the Co. and they were quick to reply:

=================

-always default to the manufacturers instruction.

-you should be OK to wipe off the excess and run it, but if you want, you can run it wet to increase the absorption. With heat, it will absorb deeper and faster. Best heat is firing heat, that's when the gun gets hottest. FrogLube works wet or dry. Make sure you follow the manufacturers instructions also.

==================

I also asked what the self life was and they said "Decades". haha

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    Very good info gentlemen. My definition of cold will probably never reach -48* of cold so no worries there.

One last question. Let's say you are usingthis stuff during a class outdoors or out in the field for a few days and need to clean or relube the rifle. If you have no access to a heat source during reapplication is it ok to just slather on the paste without heating parts of the rifle up or should we use the liquid form instead ?

Thank you all for the responses.
    I posted pics a page or two ago of my BCG, after each range trip(generally 600-700 rounds) I wipe down the BCG and upper completely and reapply the paste, I do not heat it up or anything like that, its just not needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    I posted pics a page or two ago of my BCG, after each range trip(generally 600-700 rounds) I wipe down the BCG and upper completely and reapply the paste, I do not heat it up or anything like that, its just not needed.
    Hell yeah that's what I did last time! Wiped it down and reapplied Froglube paste on the BCG.

Here are some pictures of my Ferfrans/Adams Arms BCG (Froglubed) after shooting 500 rounds.

Feedback Score
    I also like Slip 2000. I have used EWL to clean and was very impressed.

The last gun I "pasted", I had not shot in 2+ years. I scrubbed the bore with EWL, then 725 on some patches. Worked it till it was clean.

Then the gun parts went into the oven at 200*. After, 10 minutes or so, I put some FL liquid on a patch and scrubbed the bore again. The FL got even more dirt out.

Feedback Score
    Just received some of the new solvent. Have not had a chance to try it yet. I like the idea that it contains no harsh chemicals. But WOW..................they sure are proud of the stuff. $22.99 for a 8oz. bottle.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    An update as far as rust prevention goes, froglube works great.

I had left my gun out in my room over the weekend and in SE TX we have been running 80% humidity and 90*F so needless to say its a prime target for rust, and rust my gun did.

Now the parts of m gun that had froglube on it were great! But on the end of the bolt carrier(where it was lube less) had slight surface rust, as did the little steel pin on my CTR stock.

Hit those spots with the froglube liquid whih took the rus away, and now is preventing rust.

So froglube works great to prevent rust, butthere must be frog lube there lol. Now the whole bolt carrier gets coated in the paste
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    If anyone is wonderig here is the MSDS for froglube paste.
    http://axelsonsupply.com/media/pdf/F...DS-3-26-10.pdf
    N/A stands for not aplicable.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Ok, I have finally found an issue with frog lube that may just make me discontinue its use.

What I have found is that while froglube does indeed provide great rust prevention, it does not spread. You have to literally coat every single little part that is steel with it to avoid rust. So far I have found rust on the part of the bolt carrier that I did not coat, I also found rust on my Geissele SSA trigger today because I did not coat it.

While Froglube does slick up and all that, the fact that it does not spread means it offers no protection from rust on the surfaces it doesnt touch. I am tempted to replace it and move back to Slip2000EWL. If you live in a place that you do not have to worry about rust I am sure froglube will do you well, but in a place like SE TX where rust is a concern I am not sure if froglube is ideal.
    Last edited by sinlessorrow; 09-17-12 at 22:02.

Page 71 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast